Truck dies completely, flashes multiple warnings

I’m having a major electrical issue somewhere in my truck. I will be driving, come to a stop, then go to take off and the truck will shut off completely but then start up a minute later. I was pulling a trailer today and I took off from a stop and the interior lights started flashing, wipers kept kicking on, and I got a stabilitrak error message every 5 seconds. This has happened about 5 times since owning the truck the last 15000 miles. Truck currently has 66,000 miles. It also tells me to put my driver window down then back up and I will attach a picture of it. Please help I’m stuck in the parking lot with a trailer attached to a truck they won’t do anything.

48FF8A8B-1C12-4AFB-BD5A-7A200FDBC1EE.jpeg

It sounds like a ground issue. Common in many years, including in my 2014.

Check your NEG battery cable, tighten it little bit more. For added peace of mind, add another NEG from the battery to a ground location, usually by the brake booster. That fixed my issues.

Do you have the original battery? They only last about 3 years or so.

There is a pinched ground under the left front speaker area, there is a DIY solution for that on here, im sure you can find it or someone may link it. 

Try adding a NEG cable first, easiest and fastest solution. Dealer wants crazy money to replace original NEG battery cable. You can change it yourself though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ozer said:

It sounds like a ground issue. Common in many years, including in my 2014.

Check your NEG battery cable, tighten it little bit more. For added peace of mind, add another NEG from the battery to a ground location, usually by the brake booster. That fixed my issues.

Do you have the original battery? They only last about 3 years or so.

There is a pinched ground under the left front speaker area, there is a DIY solution for that on here, im sure you can find it or someone may link it. 

Try adding a NEG cable first, easiest and fastest solution. Dealer wants crazy money to replace original NEG battery cable. You can change it yourself though.

I have the original battery. Truck started up fine this morning everything was working fine until all this started happening. Are you referring to the ground coming off the harness on the frame in that area? I will start by adding a ground from the battery to the ground location by the brake booster. Any recommendations on what gauge wire to use?

You could change that wire with a like size.

He and I are talking about the NEGATIVE battery cable. The black cable from the neg. post on the battery to frame ground.

Clean and tighten battery ground cable.

If money isn't a factor I would put in a new battery and replace the battery ground cable.

:)

Edited by diyer2

11 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

You could change that wire with a like size.

He and I are talking about the NEGATIVE battery cable. The black cable from the neg. post on the battery to frame ground.

Clean and tighten battery ground cable.

If money isn't a factor I would put in a new battery and replace the battery ground cable.

:)

Am I replacing the battery (-) to frame cable or just adding an additional battery (-) to ground 

I have the original battery. Truck started up fine this morning everything was working fine until all this started happening. Are you referring to the ground coming off the harness on the frame in that area? I will start by adding a ground from the battery to the ground location by the brake booster. Any recommendations on what gauge wire to use?
Usually the battery neg going down behind the passenger side wheel area goes bad internally, don't ask me how, no idea.
So to be safe I added that second battle cable as negative. It's just same size as the original one, not sure what size it was.
Go to a parts store and they should have 5ft or 6ft sections available with ends crimped already. Very simple install, run it along the firewall area.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk