Can I get some advice on purchasing a Trail Boss

Looking at a 2020 TB. Convience pkg 1&2 w/bucket seats, spray in bed liner and the 6.2L.

MSRP $57,270. Before ttl they will sell it for $53,900 w/0% for 84 mos. They offered me $31.5 for my 2017 LTZ w21k miles after starting at $28k.

some people are talking about 25% off mrsp. I told them that’s what I wanted and they looked at me like I had horns coming out of my head. The best they would do was $9k off mrsp w/o 0% financing. I tried to get them closer to $15k off but they wouldn’t budge from $9k.

do you guys think there are better deals to be had. Today was the last day of the month and this is all they would offer.
I am going to check out some other dealers I guess.

I personally got $15k off window sticker of $45,900. I got it on Presidents’ Day and qualified for just about every incentive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Seems like the At4’s and trail bosses the dealers aren’t discounting much due to lack of inventory. I’ve watched one dealer near me go from 40+ At4’s and now they only have 4 left and that was about 20 days ago. Crazy they’re unloading that many trucks when the deals aren’t very good. I guess people are pulling the trigger now before they’re all gone. All depends on the dealer but I found one Dealer that would only go $8k on an AT4 and another that would go $12k (both without 0%). Seems like the trail bosses are even less about $9k was the best I could find.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GF7PE said:

I personally got $15k off window sticker of $45,900. I got it on Presidents’ Day and qualified for just about every incentive.

On their website they advertise the $6k rebate and then have a dealer discount of $3k. I am a healthcare worker and he said I could get that rebate also, but then later he said the $3k they have discounted online is the discount for healthcare workers. I call BS since it’s listed as a dealer discount.

On their website they advertise the $6k rebate and then have a dealer discount of $3k. I am a healthcare worker and he said I could get that rebate also, but then later he said the $3k they have discounted online is the discount for healthcare workers. I call BS since it’s listed as a dealer discount.

Yep, the Ol bait and switch. I’d go to a different dealer but given the current situation they probably don’t have the exact truck you want.

Just now, hotrodz37 said:

Yep, the Ol bait and switch. I’d go to a different dealer but given the current situation they probably don’t have the exact truck you want.

I’m going to be patient and look around. The economy is not going to get better soon. This covid virus is not going away and we in healthcare are seeing it is getting worse where I work while the govt is opening back up. 
Will be curious to see what Chevy offers in May for rebates.

i wish I hadn’t drive it because I love the 6.2L compared to my 5.3.

I’m going to be patient and look around. The economy is not going to get better soon. This covid virus is not going away and we in healthcare are seeing it is getting worse where I work while the govt is opening back up. 

Yeah my wife is in healthcare as well. I would drive the new 2020 with the 5.3 10-speed if you haven’t already. The 6.2 is badass, but the 5.3 with that transmission and tuning is leaps and bounds better than the previous gen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Yeah my wife is in healthcare as well. I would drive the new 2020 with the 5.3 10-speed if you haven’t already. The 6.2 is badass, but the 5.3 with that transmission and tuning is leaps and bounds better than the previous gen.

I will have to check it out. I have the 6 speed with my 5.3 and it’s a hard shifter

I will have to check it out. I have the 6 speed with my 5.3 and it’s a hard shifter

That’s exactly what I traded in on my new one. Completely different truck (in a good way) for sure.

• Like 1

Your best bet is to get them to write it all out and show you the discounts you get. To start you should be about to get 10% off sticker and still be above dealer invoice (customer cash) Then have them show you the discounts individually subtracted from the previous sub total. With the first responder discount, gm card holder, gm buy power, existing Chevy owner, competitive lease, educator discount and whatever else there may be. You should be able to get a pretty decent discount. Mine was probably perfect timing as well. Pulled in @ 5:30 on a whim during a Presidents’ Day sale. Had it done before 7 with trade offer without even seeing the trade. Went back 3 days later and picked it up no questions asked.

From what I understand, you only get 20%+ off msrp if you pay cash or finance at a higher rate. GM won't give you the discount and 0% financing. Talk to a few banks and credit unions and see what kind of finance rate you can get. You have to do the math for your exact scenario but I've heard you generally come out ahead if you take the discount and pay a little bit of interest (I've seen guys on here say they've gotten around 2.5% recently).

33 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

From what I understand, you only get 20%+ off msrp if you pay cash or finance at a higher rate. GM won't give you the discount and 0% financing. Talk to a few banks and credit unions and see what kind of finance rate you can get. You have to do the math for your exact scenario but I've heard you generally come out ahead if you take the discount and pay a little bit of interest (I've seen guys on here say they've gotten around 2.5% recently).

Without the 0% financing the most they would come off the price was $9k. I would have bought it if they would have went down to $45k -(which was only another $2k) I would have bought it.

10-12% is the best dealer discount youll prolly get on an AT4, easier to work more on a lower trim. With the 0% financing you won’t get the rebates so youll never get to 25% total off msrp. And to get that much, typically you have to qualify for everything., Which is hard to do. If theyre giving you 9k off msrp.You need to go back and take that offer for 0%

Edited by Memphis87

8 hours ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

Without the 0% financing the most they would come off the price was $9k. I would have bought it if they would have went down to $45k -(which was only another $2k) I would have bought it.

Definitely time to email some other dealers and see what they're willing to offer. 

10 hours ago, CamaroVetteGuy said:

I don't see the rebates getting any better.  April's were less than those offered in March.  They haven't produced a vehicle in over a month.  Inventories are down, no need to incentivize.  

My 2020 TB was about $8k off of sticker with 0%.  Bought it March 21st.  I opted for the 5.3L because it had all of the other options I wanted.  Regular bed with tow mirrors is a rare combination. 

I was trading a 2018 LTZ with the 6.2L.  I don't miss the 6.2L.  The TB is not "fast or quick" regardless of the engine (for a truck it is average) but that isn't what it was designed to be.   The lift and heavy ass tires slow you down.  I have the tow mirrors which also cause a ton of aero drag.  You want a quick truck get a dual cab short bed LTZ like I had.  Just about the lightest config available with a 6.2L.  That truck was quick.  Would launch like a beast in 4HI with traction control off.  Now, if I want to go fast I just take the wife's 2010 RS/SS Camaro 6.2L 6-speed.