I'm running a 19 Sierra Denali and I'm trying to get Android Auto to synch up with my radio wirelessly. But it's ain't happening. Anyone get their's to synch? If so, how?

Edited by Expert

if your just wanting to stream music from your phone, you can connect through bluetooth and play music wirelessly but it wont use the android auto interface

Our devices will stream it fine but the sounds of it but it is the head unit (the stereo)that cannot receive it. without re programming. If it does come out in the 2021 models they can re program the 19s and 20s too.

20 hours ago, Mack3748 said:

If it does come out in the 2021 models they can re program the 19s and 20s too.

How good is GM about upgrading older models though? I have a 19, could we expect them to upgrade the headunit with new features 2 years after it came out?

I'd love for this to be true!

7 minutes ago, nichos said:

How good is GM about upgrading older models though? I have a 19, could we expect them to upgrade the headunit with new features 2 years after it came out?

I'd love for this to be true!

I just switched from a Ford. So I don't know. If they don't come out with one publicly. Maybe some tech savvy person can figure out how to be able to do it.  I know that was the case on a few secrets like getting the seat belt alarm off. 

2 minutes ago, Mack3748 said:

I just switched from a Ford. So I don't know. If they don't come out with one publicly. Maybe some tech savvy person can figure out how to be able to do it.  I know that was the case on a few secrets like getting the seat belt alarm off. 

Ford did a good job with some of these things. Like the seatbelt reminder in my 07 was a sequence of clicking the belt a certain amount of times and toggling the accessory key in a certain sequence. It was even possible to do it for the drivers seat.

They also allowed users to update their headunit via USB key, AFAIK GM makes us take it to the dealership :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my experience with android auto. I connect to the stereo with blue tooth first and allow the music to start. then I connect the usb. If I do it any other way I will get 13 sec of music and it quits then I won't have phone control on the dash or on the phone to receive calls. I brought it to the dealer twice and they couldn't figure it out and even wrote the Infotainment people with no response. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Mack3748 said:

Craig - Were you able to figure out how to get the seat belt reminder alarm to turn off?  Was able to on my F250, but can't find a way to do it anywhere on my GMC.  I'm in and out at the ranch a ton and don't need a seat belt most of the time.  Any help is appreciated.  

12 minutes ago, TexasCW said:

Craig - Were you able to figure out how to get the seat belt reminder alarm to turn off?  Was able to on my F250, but can't find a way to do it anywhere on my GMC.  I'm in and out at the ranch a ton and don't need a seat belt most of the time.  Any help is appreciated.  

12 minutes ago, TexasCW said:

No I havnt found out anything. Seems like the fords were a little better towards its consumer base for options like this.  

2 minutes ago, Mack3748 said:

Thanks.  I'm noticing the same thing too.  I love my new HD, but missing 1) turbo boost gauge, 2) gear indicator (what gear I'm in) and 3) seat belt reminder silencing sequence.  All 3 seem so simple, but not there.