New Member Just Bought a Vtrux

5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Slim 

Sounds like a niche crowd for that truck. Probably why we never heard of it. Someone that lives 10-15 miles from work. Or does very little driving.

If you like it and are happy with it that's all that matters anyways and I applaud you for saving the earth.

Myself, on the other hand, will continue to destroy it getting way less mileage than most so it evens out. 

BTW . Nice mask.?

Where in Minnesota are you?

Definitely a niche truck. It's basically an r&d truck that was only leased to fleet companies. These trucks were $80k and leased out for $758/month! After seeing this truck, I found another one in AZ and several other Express vans around the country. I was mostly attracted to this because it allowed me to satisfy my craving to get a truck without sacrificing the practicality of my Ford Focus hatchback. The technology aspect appeals to my inner nerd as well. I live within 22 miles of work and can charge the truck for free there. I just picked up a charger today for $150 (level 2) and that plugs into the same 50 amp circuit for my shop equipment. These trucks also have 2 30 amp 220v outlets onboard to allow you to power campers, tools, or even your house as the truck is 14.4kw generator. No idea if I'll ever use that option on it, but it's a conversation piece nonetheless. 

I don't know how much I'll like the truck. For now, it makes a fella a bit uneasy knowing I'm on my own if this thing breaks (on the hybrid side of things anyways). Via Motors has a tech line as well as parts if needed, so that good, but troubleshooting will still remain heavily on me. 

I burn plenty of fossil fuel between my '54 and '32 Ford coupes, so the truck provides the balance in my life :) 

I live about 1 mile from the Mall of America in Bloomington. 

Slim

31 minutes ago, Slimsalabim said:

Definitely a niche truck. It's basically an r&d truck that was only leased to fleet companies. These trucks were $80k and leased out for $758/month! After seeing this truck, I found another one in AZ and several other Express vans around the country. I was mostly attracted to this because it allowed me to satisfy my craving to get a truck without sacrificing the practicality of my Ford Focus hatchback. The technology aspect appeals to my inner nerd as well. I live within 22 miles of work and can charge the truck for free there. I just picked up a charger today for $150 (level 2) and that plugs into the same 50 amp circuit for my shop equipment. These trucks also have 2 30 amp 220v outlets onboard to allow you to power campers, tools, or even your house as the truck is 14.4kw generator. No idea if I'll ever use that option on it, but it's a conversation piece nonetheless. 

I don't know how much I'll like the truck. For now, it makes a fella a bit uneasy knowing I'm on my own if this thing breaks (on the hybrid side of things anyways). Via Motors has a tech line as well as parts if needed, so that good, but troubleshooting will still remain heavily on me. 

I burn plenty of fossil fuel between my '54 and '32 Ford coupes, so the truck provides the balance in my life :) 

I live about 1 mile from the Mall of America in Bloomington. 

Slim

Bet it's nice and quiet with hardly any air traffic .

I'm in Rogers. Haven't seen a plane all day.

We need some pics of the fossil fuel cars too 

Fossil fuel cars are a 1954 Ford Mainline business coupe. SBF/C4. In the middle of getting a new solid lifter 289 installed, then we moved unexpectedly and it got put on the back burner.

The recent addition is my '32 Ford Coupe. It's a 3 window with a rumble. All steel. Haven't even brought it home yet. 301ci Chevy with a tri-power/th350 trans.

Also pictured is my car clubs drag car. It's a Chevy powered '53 studebaker gasser. Everyone works on it, everyone drives it. Quickest it's been is 10.13 @126mph.

Slim4762e7ff1ddbb934c33044a5b94c1ef2.jpg09b3c5e1e6ead70967b14cfb11169001.jpg122ada8f567ccdc5e7626bc667d1390b.jpg955332640b4511daf2c2cb2bd0b2890e.jpg223dca2a630244526b5488cabee285a8.jpg0368819caf2b7f857ed602f0a224a441.jpgc52f36e364baffd78252dd2f8bda505c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Bet it's nice and quiet with hardly any air traffic .

I'm in Rogers. Haven't seen a plane all day.

Ha! I completely overlooked the plane comment. Common misconception. Planes take off over the river valley or towards Edina and Minneapolis. My family in Plymouth and Maple Grove get more air traffic than I do. Rogers is beautiful. My car club has spent many miles cruising the back roads in that neck of the woods.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I’ve got two of the VTRUX Vans. They are pretty cool. 
F30DCB1B-972A-4677-B315-6EF864E7E366.thumb.jpeg.d22dd008e04500a9a8fa6b49a657fa17.jpeg
Sorry I missed this reply. That's awesome. Where did you get yours and what did you end up spending on them? What kind of range are you getting and combined mileage?

• 2 months later...
It's been a few months, how's the truck? Did you end up doing any videos?

I love it! I've driven it 7500 miles so far and have averaged over 84mpg. It's slow, especially compared to 5.3L. I've gotten over 100mpg on a couple tanks and as low as 14mpg doing 80mph on just the generator. I've swapped out the wheels and tires to factory 20's for now and the ride and mileage dramatically increased. I'll be lowering it soon and getting rid of the flares, running boards and that crazy front bumper. Hope to have all that done before the snow flies.

No videos yet, but hope to find time after I get some of the modifications done.

0b1cbd1787c8c1d9b16856374dde296d.jpgd11e35f7e7035a943322915ad7647d4b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I recently got a Vtrux.
Its a 2015 Full size bed, full size double cab.

The dealer i got it from had not charged it AT ALL... so it took about 30 hours to charge on a 120v, im buying the 240v soon. 

IMG_0172.thumb.jpg.5b3d4555aa57936a1733b16398710630.jpgIMG_0171.thumb.jpg.c5027a5ed3492c0769a8fb566e81169d.jpg

That's the one in FL, correct? I was watching that one. 7800 miles on it?

You definitely want a 240v charger with it. How did you find it? What made you want to buy it?

Slim

1 minute ago, Slimsalabim said:

That's the one in FL, correct? I was watching that one. 7800 miles on it?

You definitely want a 240v charger with it. How did you find it? What made you want to buy it?

Slim

Yes correct ! 

I found it just searching for used Chevy Silverado's, and I saw it. I then test drove it, it sat for a few weeks at the dealer. I guess no one wanted to take a chance on it and since I only go to work 1 day a week I decided to take a leap and buy it. I had read and saw the Jay Leno video on it but never found any. 

The tech rep at VIA Motors has been awesome with info and how to maintain the truck and battery, etc... 

• Like 1

Yes correct ! 

I found it just searching for used Chevy Silverado's, and I saw it. I then test drove it, it sat for a few weeks at the dealer. I guess no one wanted to take a chance on it and since I only go to work 1 day a week I decided to take a leap and buy it. I had read and saw the Jay Leno video on it but never found any. 

The tech rep at VIA Motors has been awesome with info and how to maintain the truck and battery, etc... 

What did you end up paying for it? My co-worker made an offer of $20k a month ago and was hoping it would still be there in November when he vacations there.

Mine has seen its first winter. I changed to factory wheels and got my electric range to around 35 miles before the generator turns on. It's down around 22 miles with the cold weather.

b35bd9472468350a051d621d5616d654.jpg

1 minute ago, Slimsalabim said:

What did you end up paying for it? My co-worker made an offer of $20k a month ago and was hoping it would still be there in November when he vacations there.

Mine has seen its first winter. I changed to factory wheels and got my electric range to around 35 miles before the generator turns on. It's down around 22 miles with the cold weather.

b35bd9472468350a051d621d5616d654.jpg

I payed $25, so hopefully not to bad, but KB said that was a fair deal and Carfax as well. 

Dont get snow here so hopefully i can get 35 soon, only had it a week , lol