New Member Just Bought a Vtrux

On 6/12/2021 at 11:02 AM, variables said:

I know I'm a bit late to this conversation, but I would like to get my hands on one of these trucks. I'm a Chevy Volt (on my second right now), and I formerly worked on the the Volt at GM. I've always lamented the fact that GM didn't take the Volt concept further. Anyway, please let me know if you see one of these for sale!

these trucks are similar to the volt and can be repaired at Chevrolet/GM dealerships correct?

7 hours ago, Hurley7324 said:

these trucks are similar to the volt and can be repaired at Chevrolet/GM dealerships correct?

The silverado aspects of the truck can be services at the dealer. The hybrid portion of the truck is technology from Via Motors and the dealer cannot service it. You can rent diagnostic equipment from Via if you have issues though. If you're looking at purchasing one of these trucks, you need to be ready to tackle issues yourself as it's just a research and development platform. 

Slim

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello: I have a 2014 I bought it a month ago from a auction and have it delivered to my mechanic for a service before I can get my hand on it, fast forward to yesterday I picked it up and I was driving it home when the warning ⚠️ light came on and just let me stranded in the middle of the highway apparently the gas engine it’s not charging the batteries… any advice?

C69B1ED2-B78F-4958-B693-971EB8D58B93.jpeg

F6515467-69DF-477F-BC18-B4D0D85D8D02.jpeg

Edited by Christian Bracamonte

19 minutes ago, Christian Bracamonte said:

Hello: I have a 2014 I bought it a month ago from a auction and have it delivered to my mechanic for a service before I can get my hand on it, fast forward to yesterday I picked it up and I was driving it home when the warning ⚠️ light came on and just let me stranded in the middle of the highway apparently the gas engine it’s not charging the batteries… any advice?

C69B1ED2-B78F-4958-B693-971EB8D58B93.jpeg

F6515467-69DF-477F-BC18-B4D0D85D8D02.jpeg

I saw that auction. You got a great price on that thing. Reach out to Via Motors. Their tech line is really helpful. You'll likely have to rent diagnostic equipment from them to understand what failed, then go from there. Sorry I can't be more help. Please let me know what you find! 

Slim

3 hours ago, Slimsalabim said:

I saw that auction. You got a great price on that thing. Reach out to Via Motors. Their tech line is really helpful. You'll likely have to rent diagnostic equipment from them to understand what failed, then go from there. Sorry I can't be more help. Please let me know what you find! 

Slim

Update: I spoke with Travis, (nice dude) he said the for what I told him it could be the APP Module🤷🏻‍♂️@ $70 so and pretty easy to replace or option (2) rent diagnostic equipment to see what else can it be. 
i’m going to roll the dice and go for the module first..

1 minute ago, Christian Bracamonte said:

Update: I spoke with Travis, (nice dude) he said the for what I told him it could be the APP Module🤷🏻‍♂️@ $70 so and pretty easy to replace or option (2) rent diagnostic equipment to see what else can it be. 

That's great news! For $70, I'd roll the dice as well. Good luck!

On 8/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, Christian Bracamonte said:

Hope you have luck with this. My truck had a charging fault this week. This has been resolved in the past by cleaning the leads on the plug or blowing out my charging cable since my truck sits outside year round. While checking some fuses and relays in the hybrid fuse panel, I managed to disable the driver mode of the truck🤦‍♂️. Travis sent me document to troubleshoot the charging fault and that appears to be a resistor on the charging plug has gone bad. He hasn't been able to provide guidance on the drive enabler issue yet. 

20220808_181126.jpg

Slim I have been following this post. I have a 2014 VTRUX for sale at my dealership right now. The truck runs great. Were you able to figure out your charging error? I am trying to learn all I can before I sell the truck on. 

Here is a link to mine for sale: https://www.hybridandelectriccarsales.com/inventory/chevrolet/silverado-1500-crew-cab/peg508502/

7 minutes ago, hybridautosales said:

Slim I have been following this post. I have a 2014 VTRUX for sale at my dealership right now. The truck runs great. Were you able to figure out your charging error? I am trying to learn all I can before I sell the truck on. 

Here is a link to mine for sale: https://www.hybridandelectriccarsales.com/inventory/chevrolet/silverado-1500-crew-cab/peg508502/

No need yet. I had to rent a data logger and perform some steps to record what the truck does, then ship it back. I'm going to hear something by Friday. Did you get that truck your selling out of Florida? 

Slim

Slim, I purchased it out of Manheim Atlanta. I found the previous owners information in the glovebox, looks to be out of Alabama. I have had a long list of people wanting to purchase it. I hope to hear back on your issue before I pass it on, and I have been gather all the information I can on the truck to supply to the next owner. 

11 minutes ago, hybridautosales said:

Slim, I purchased it out of Manheim Atlanta. I found the previous owners information in the glovebox, looks to be out of Alabama. I have had a long list of people wanting to purchase it. I hope to hear back on your issue before I pass it on, and I have been gather all the information I can on the truck to supply to the next owner. 

Their tech line is really good. The guy I work with now is Ryan James. I'll keep you posted. 

Slim