Midnight Edition LED

Hi all...I am looking to purchase a new LT TB with the midnight edition package. Most of the dealerships around me have been sold out but there is one dealership that has a black on black LT TB that is not the midnight edition. Does anyone know just what the difference in the LED headlights the TB has versus the regular LT TB. The dealership is telling me they can make this LT look just like the midnight edition which I understand you can just paint the bedliner, swap the bowties and black out the exhaust tips. I was just wondering if the headlights actually are much different. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

What I’ve read the headlights are supposed to have black bezels that are different. Same LED technology and daytime running lights though. Here’s a pic of it but to be honest, I can’t tell the difference from this and the LED headlights that are on the LT TB. 3c8ceacf8d967176c8e3c33ff49a044f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Chevy Press page:

Off-Road Focused Midnight Edition

The Silverado Midnight Edition is offered on the LT Trail Boss and Custom Trail Boss trims, including a 2-inch factory suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with Rancho® mono-tube off-road shocks, an automatic locking rear differential, skid plates, 18-inch black painted wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

The Midnight Edition adds to Trail Boss’ look, but with an all-black approach: black Silverado badging, black grille, black Bowties, black bumpers, black exhaust tips and black off-road assist steps. The all-black appearance is accented by red recovery hooks.

The Custom Trail Boss Midnight Edition is available with either a 5.3L V-8 engine with six-speed automatic transmission or 6.2L V-8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission. The LT Trail Boss Midnight Edition comes exclusively with 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission with 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque. The LT Trail Boss Midnight Edition also gets unique High-Intensity LED headlamps with dark bezels and full-curtain signature daytime running lamps.

From Chevy Press page:

Off-Road Focused Midnight Edition

The Silverado Midnight Edition is offered on the LT Trail Boss and Custom Trail Boss trims, including a 2-inch factory suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with Rancho[emoji2400] mono-tube off-road shocks, an automatic locking rear differential, skid plates, 18-inch black painted wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

The Midnight Edition adds to Trail Boss’ look, but with an all-black approach: black Silverado badging, black grille, black Bowties, black bumpers, black exhaust tips and black off-road assist steps. The all-black appearance is accented by red recovery hooks.

The Custom Trail Boss Midnight Edition is available with either a 5.3L V-8 engine with six-speed automatic transmission or 6.2L V-8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission. The LT Trail Boss Midnight Edition comes exclusively with 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission with 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque. The LT Trail Boss Midnight Edition also gets unique High-Intensity LED headlamps with dark bezels and full-curtain signature daytime running lamps.

Maybe that’s why the DRL in that pic I sent is bigger. If you’re after the midnight look I would say wait until you get one at a dealer. Don’t have the dealer try to replicate it because they will probably just try to black out the badges and add the steps and say it’s the same.

LT Trail Boss Midnight Edition per the order guide uses the same exact headlight assemblies as the High Country.  Can also confirm this via the part #s between the two.  

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21795&section=oi_def&page=4&butID=3

Edited by newdude

On 5/8/2020 at 1:49 AM, RadoPhan said:

What I’ve read the headlights are supposed to have black bezels that are different. Same LED technology and daytime running lights though. Here’s a pic of it but to be honest, I can’t tell the difference from this and the LED headlights that are on the LT TB. 3c8ceacf8d967176c8e3c33ff49a044f.jpg

There's no doofference at all in the headlights from the stock RST.  The blackout in the above photo is the normal surround of a black "wings" of a black grille and black body. Compare against the red surround in my photo. The LED lenses (and some internal walls) and DRLs are normally smoked.

As for blackout of the balance of the front, all a black grille will do is make the chrome surround of the bowtie and clear lenses of any optional fog lamps stick out like a sore thumb.

To "dechrome" properly in addition to the black badging and stick blackout surround window trim of the RST, I had to pi$$ away another $200 to buy a lighted black bowtie which has a matching normally smoked surround (when not lighted) and another $10 for a partially smoked plexiglasscover for the fog lamps.

DSCN0604.JPG.8e07c45525472d7f449571b20779044c.JPGDSCN0937.JPG.d2a2e5cfd1efa826661d79a213a0e6c6.JPGDSCN0926.JPG.4dfcca3831527e84eda3737d858b34a3.JPGDSCN0623.JPG.2cf3b32bb8caf0a6b2a2104798e2b5ac.JPGDSCN0935.JPG.f5fb34082d422a6947c8f023d5854e92.JPGDSCN0936.JPG.6c1e7ba9f1db678f49a5a97aa4bd0baa.JPG

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

There's no doofference at all in the headlights from the stock RST.  The blackout in the above photo is the normal surround of a black "wings" of a black grille and black body. Compare against the red surround in my photo. The LED lenses (and some internal walls) and DRLs are normally smoked.

As for blackout of the balance of the front, all a black grille will do is make the chrome surround of the bowtie and clear lenses of any optional fog lamps stick out like a sore thumb.

To "dechrome" properly in addition to the black badging and stick blackout surround window trim of the RST, I had to pi$$ away another $200 to buy a lighted black bowtie which has a matching normally smoked surround (when not lighted) and another $10 for a partially smoked plexiglasscover for the fog lamps.

They are different.  See my post directly above yours.  Midnight LT Trail Boss uses the High Country full LED headlights.  Has not only the DRL >< but also LED signal. 

RST and LT Trail Boss have the LED headlights but the signals are regular bulbs.  

Edited by newdude

To be honest, I like the standard DRLs on the Trail Boss better. The slim DRL looks cleaner and I like the carbon fiber fill in. Also, I changed my bulb in the turn signals to the Lasfit LEDs and they are perfect.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:37 AM, tinbad said:

Thomcat, I think in your last pic you can tell its a  different DRL (LED strip is much narrower than the HC/mignight headlights).

I see that now, but the wider DRL/directionals have a clear lens instead the stock smoked ones on the RST you would expect those lenses to be smoked like the headlights.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:37 AM, Thomcat said:

) and another $10 for a partially smoked plexiglasscover for the fog lamps.

DSCN0937.JPG.d2a2e5cfd1efa826661d79a213a0e6c6.JPG

Is that custom or did you order those fog lamp covers?

On 5/9/2020 at 8:49 AM, RadoPhan said:

To be honest, I like the standard DRLs on the Trail Boss better. The slim DRL looks cleaner and I like the carbon fiber fill in. Also, I changed my bulb in the turn signals to the Lasfit LEDs and they are perfect.

Sorry to thread-jack. But, have you had any issues (namely hyper-flash) with the Lasfit LED turn signal bulbs?

Sorry to thread-jack. But, have you had any issues (namely hyper-flash) with the Lasfit LED turn signal bulbs?

None whatsoever. I heard that it’s the bulb overheating when that happens and all you do is turn off the signals and let to cool then it goes back to normal. Since that was the case for some I just avoid using them for a long period of time such as leaving hazards on. I will say that the light is crisp and clean.

1 hour ago, RadoPhan said:

None whatsoever. I heard that it’s the bulb overheating when that happens and all you do is turn off the signals and let to cool then it goes back to normal. Since that was the case for some I just avoid using them for a long period of time such as leaving hazards on. I will say that the light is crisp and clean.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!