I PURCHASED THE INVISIBLE TRAILER CAMERA  GM PART #84876818,  CAMERA WORKED GREAT UNTIL I RIPPED THE CABLE END OFF THE PART THAT PLUGS INTO THE BUMPER  (DIDN'T LEAVE ENOUGH LENGTH CABLE TO JACK KNIFE THE TRAILER WHILE PARKING)       LOOKING FOR  REPLACEMENT/REPAIR END FOR THE CAMERA CABLE.   DEALER DOES NOT SELL END.

• 2 weeks later...

Aw...  I’m looking to. GM doesn’t sell the cameras with a long enough cable for us guys with the big fifth wheels. But I don’t want to buy their stinking camera I wanna get my own.  Somebody out there makes those connectors for them we just got a find it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 cameras that the connector failed and came off of the cable. Here is a link with some additional info

I'm going to call shopchevyparts.com tomorrow. This is a design issue, there needs to be a stress relief that connects the cable(s) to the bumper connector. This may be less of an issue for a bumper pull, but a 5th wheel or goose neck connection using just the camera connectors is doomed to fail.

While trying to find the components to extend the camera cables so I could move the bumper plug to the bed I came across the company that supplied the FAKRA type connectors. By chance they may be able to help you find the plug you are looking for.

Pasternak

Derek Burkett

866-727-8376

• 1 year later...

Replacement plug for the GM invisible camera cable - yes! Part number search Ebay or Amazon the following:

031-14693 BACK UP TRAILER CAMERA VIDEO CABLE REPAIR END

In making a sharp turn with our 41 foot horse trailer, the invisible camera plug broke apart from the hitch plug.  of course GM has designed this so that nobody short of Jesus Himself could order a part to repair it or to extend it. So after praying to Jesus, guess what?  I found the following links:  

https://youtu.be/yLvpZHvmIIg

NOTE:  it doesn’t tell you how to remove the old broken rear piece from the plug to replace with the new rear piece.  Here’s how you do it, photos don’t show the hair dryer, you NEED to heat it up first to melt the glue on the threads.

Heat the old plug rear shiny metal piece with a hot hair dryer for about 1 minute.  Then using two vice grip pliers, gently twist lefty loosie and it will unscrew.  If you don’t heat it up, the glue will not let you unscrew it and you will ruin the plug with your vice grips for being an idiot and not listening.  Heat it up! It will unscrew no problem with a little effort. Attached are photos.  As a woman who was reared on a Portuguese dairy farm by immigrant parents, we learned to fix things.  I am so happy to have found a fix for this stupid cable.  Now I am working on making a pig tail on the plug side, not the camera side. I will post when it I get it completed.

Lastly, we tried an expensive wireless HD digital camera system with transmitters but it didn’t work at road speeds well, cutting in and out due to interference from the new two 2021 GMC 2500 and 3500 HD Denali’s we own and tow with.  So even though we cannot use the invisible camera feature due to the length of our trailer and the fact that it is a gooseneck, it does work excellently for having a rearview camera and an interior camera. We had to of course buy extra zip tie mount clips to attach the trailer wires the way we need to install them. You can get those cheaply at Lowe’s at this link:

10-Pack 1-in Nylon Zip Tie Mounts Cable Ties https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-10-Pack-1-in-Mounting-Base-Cable-Ties/50005764

and the zip ties to go in them

20-Pack 8-in Nylon Zip Cable Ties https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-20-Pack-8-in-Cable-Ties/50005720

106248FA-F885-4A69-BAF0-4BD0FCC34946.jpeg

D929AA84-233F-43E3-A699-7D409FEEED50.jpeg

C019AA2B-9283-4906-8517-CFA8A1F465D8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Wanted to resurrect this thread just to say the part Suzi listed worked perfectly.  I had pulled the original plug loose by accident and this replacement is exactly the same.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you’re looking at the Echomaster GM wireless camera it is not compatible with the built-in Invisible camera system that our trucks use.

If you break your cable you can buy the connector listed above and repair it.

If you need a longer cable…. Cut the GM cable 2 feet from the connector.  Put a RG-59 outdoor compression F-connector on the end.  Put another on the other cut end.  For an extension use outdoor jacketed RG-6 (much easier to find) with outdoor compression F-connectors.  Buy a couple of barrel connectors and you are set.  Use electrical tape or a mixture of butyl rubber tape covered with electrical tape at the connections and you are set.

These cameras are powered by a voltage sent to the camera via bias-t then the return signal has the voltage blocked at the receiver end and displayed on your dash.

This is used in ham radio to power pre-amplifiers, antenna switches, etc while still letting us transmit and receive on the same coax.

Good Luck

George