Bed Cover that works Multipro Tailgate

8 hours ago, Dave Cabets said:

Was wondering what bed cover works without interfering with automatic Multipro tailgate

Thanks in advance

Dave

I’ve got the BakFlip MX4 on my 20 AT4. It looks awesome and very well made. Takes a little adjusting to get just right but fits mine great and the auto tail gate works just fine. If you go this route, I’d suggest going by a parts store and getting a better automotive grade rubber weather strip for the front edge. The foam type that comes with it is kinda cheap. 

Jim

I have the Extang Xceed, I can drop the whole tailgate manually or with the remote, and put the whole tailgate up without touching the cover, but just opening and closing the upper multipro part, does require opening the cover first.

Edited by Coastie

I have the Gator aluminum tri-fold. Just put it on this most Saturday. Took me 30 minutes without a helper. So far so good and works fine with the Multi-Pro. Lays flat with the top of the bed rails.

2782cbeba170840d8fae430cff4b03cd.jpg

5718588a8209491b7995d25da00ca690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Coastie said:

I have the Extang Xceed, I can drop the whole tailgate manually or with the remote, and put the whole tailgate up without touching the cover, but just opening and closing the upper multipro part, does require opening the cover first.

Extang told me all of their bed covers will interfere with the Multipro tailgate. Is the Exceed a hard top or vinyl?

On 5/11/2020 at 10:03 PM, JimZRyd said:

I’ve got the BakFlip MX4 on my 20 AT4. It looks awesome and very well made. Takes a little adjusting to get just right but fits mine great and the auto tail gate works just fine. If you go this route, I’d suggest going by a parts store and getting a better automotive grade rubber weather strip for the front edge. The foam type that comes with it is kinda cheap. 

Jim

Have the same cover on my 2019 AT4. And agree with above post.  And I second the recommendation on the front seal.  Wish I had done that before installing.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:39 AM, Villain said:

I have the Gator aluminum tri-fold. Just put it on this most Saturday. Took me 30 minutes without a helper. So far so good and works fine with the Multi-Pro. Lays flat with the top of the bed rails.

2782cbeba170840d8fae430cff4b03cd.jpg

5718588a8209491b7995d25da00ca690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same cover. Install was quick, operation is easy, haven't noticed water in the bed after washes. Overall it is a good looking and functioning cover for the money!

4 minutes ago, nobaddays said:

I have the same cover. Install was quick, operation is easy, haven't noticed water in the bed after washes. Overall it is a good looking and functioning cover for the money!

I agree, looks good and installs quickly. we've had rain but  I haven't been in the bed to check for water. Works just fine with the auto tailgate also.

You have the Carbon-Pro Bed?

4 minutes ago, Villain said:

I agree, looks good and installs quickly. we've had rain but  I haven't been in the bed to check for water. Works just fine with the auto tailgate also.

You have the Carbon-Pro Bed?

No, I have the regular bed. I'm kind of glad I didn't get a carbon pro, seems like most of the covers wont work without drilling.