Eibach Pro-Truck Lift System

3 hours ago, JeffC said:

Installed Eibach pro lift, like  Ryan stated much better "planted feel" , 3000 miles on Rancho's,  got soft. Still has rake, looking at new wheels and tires next. Couldn't space Trail Boss shocks just to level. Angles on UCA are not bad, but I will replace soon. Thanks Ryan. 

20200821_162650.jpg

20200821_162727.jpg

Any extra lift with this setup on the trail boss?  What size tires are those?  Looks great. 

On 8/21/2020 at 4:42 PM, JeffC said:

Installed Eibach pro lift, like  Ryan stated much better "planted feel" , 3000 miles on Rancho's,  got soft. Still has rake, looking at new wheels and tires next. Couldn't space Trail Boss shocks just to level. Angles on UCA are not bad, but I will replace soon. Thanks Ryan. 

20200821_162650.jpg

20200821_162727.jpg

Nice truck. What setting did you use and how much lift did you get?  Is it stiffer than stock trailboss suspension?

1 hour ago, cseaman said:

Finally got it done. Way happier. Front struts on the second from the bottom; 2" rear block with shock extensions. 

17x8.5 wheels

285/75 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT

HD3fR79.jpg?1

T2qReqo.jpg?1

vS6DOZy.jpg?1

Thanks for posting, looks great. 

How is the ride?  How much total lift did you get?  

13 hours ago, cseaman said:

Finally got it done. Way happier. Front struts on the second from the bottom; 2" rear block with shock extensions. 

17x8.5 wheels

HD3fR79.jpg?1

T2qReqo.jpg?1

vS6DOZy.jpg?1

Ar you doing some Overlanding and if so, where have you gone?  I'm setting mine up for very mild Overlanding and will hopefully be taking a nice trip in the fall sometime, but being in Texas it takes a while to get anywhere which isn't conducive to weekend jaunts.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the ride with these kits?  Do the stiffer front springs have a negative affect on the overall ride?  Hate the floaty feel of the stock damping on the road, and the way the rear seems to jump all over the place going over washboard etc. on dirt roads.  

On 8/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, cseaman said:

17x8.5 wheels

HD3fR79.jpg?1

T2qReqo.jpg?1

vS6DOZy.jpg?1

Nice truck! I’m digging the overland look. We have similar taste!

75B72511-D95C-4605-B78F-C88BFE359DA5.jpeg

On 8/21/2020 at 1:42 PM, JeffC said:

20200821_162650.jpg

20200821_162727.jpg

Glad to help man. Truck looks great! With bigger tires it will transform 

On 8/25/2020 at 8:51 PM, ScX31 said:

Nice truck. What setting did you use and how much lift did you get?  Is it stiffer than stock trailboss suspension?

Thanks, its a work in progress. 2nd from top, 1 1/4" to 1 3/8", slope of driveway messes with measurement's. Only 100 miles since install, still really stiff. Thinking it will soften up when bigger tires go on. Have 8" springs in my Blazer, that's a stiff ride, the Eibach's are much better than the Rancho's. But people looking for factory ride should stick with factory suspension. 

3 hours ago, MantanaB6 said:

How is the ride with these kits?  Do the stiffer front springs have a negative affect on the overall ride?  Hate the floaty feel of the stock damping on the road, and the way the rear seems to jump all over the place going over washboard etc. on dirt roads.  

The ride is much better than stock. If your going to use the spring setting to lift the truck , than you can't look for a factory ride. I am sure you can search form to see trucks with lower settings that ride closer to factory.  I have mine set on 2nd stiffest setting and it rides hard on back roads I travel at 40 and 50 mph. Haven't ran highway speeds. Only 100 miles on kit, still just breaking it in. But I highly recommend it if your looking to level front or lift truck, cant see using the Rancho's with spacer blocks.     

4 hours ago, Ryguy said:

Nice truck! I’m digging the overland look. We have similar taste!

Haha. you pointed me toward the Go Rhino products; I found their DSS "sliders" which is what I am running. They look a little less useful than yours but equally not offensive compared to what most of this forum seems to do.

Where are you in CA? I am moving to Redding in three weeks.

15 hours ago, cseaman said:

Haha. you pointed me toward the Go Rhino products; I found their DSS "sliders" which is what I am running. They look a little less useful than yours but equally not offensive compared to what most of this forum seems to do.

Where are you in CA? I am moving to Redding in three weeks.

Yeah I searched for a long time and Go Rhino seemed to be the closest to what I was looking for. After having them for a while they seem to be holding up okay so I’m happy. 

I’m out in West Marin near SF. I like the Shasta area a lot, we camp up there all the time. 

On 9/9/2020 at 6:27 PM, JeffC said:

The ride is much better than stock. If your going to use the spring setting to lift the truck , than you can't look for a factory ride. I am sure you can search form to see trucks with lower settings that ride closer to factory.  I have mine set on 2nd stiffest setting and it rides hard on back roads I travel at 40 and 50 mph. Haven't ran highway speeds. Only 100 miles on kit, still just breaking it in. But I highly recommend it if your looking to level front or lift truck, cant see using the Rancho's with spacer blocks.     

I’m not looking for a stock ride, in fact the reason I’m considering the kit is because the stock ride sucks.  Feel like the main issue with the ride is the damping, so just wondering how stiff the front spring/shock combo feels.  Want to get rid of the 70’s caddy feel when going down the highway, but regularly drive on dirt/forest service roads so don’t want the higher spring rate to cause the ride the be jarring, if that makes sense. 

Exactly why I got rid of the Rancho's,  "floating across the road". With only 100 miles on mine, they are stiff, not jarring,  but stiff feel the road. Haven't had it off road yet, bow season just started here. Very happy with ride and kit. I expect ride will change when I get taller heavier tires. I have had many lifted trucks, this doesn't feel like any of them. 

• Like 1