GM Sold Me A Chunk Of Rust With A Truck Around it

8 hours ago, newdude said:

Have them pull up this bulletin below.  Its written for the 2014-2020 K2XX trucks but they still use the same $hitty wax so this repair should be applicable.  If they give you resistance, start a case with GM and the dealer, mention this bulletin and that you are experiencing the same issues as it.    

#19-NA-255: Wax Coating on Frame Peeling, Metal Shows Corrosion/Rusting (U.S. and Canada Only) - (Nov 19, 2019)

Thank you, will do.

Have them pull up this bulletin below.  Its written for the 2014-2020 K2XX trucks but they still use the same $hitty wax so this repair should be applicable.  If they give you resistance, start a case with GM and the dealer, mention this bulletin and that you are experiencing the same issues as it.    

#19-NA-255: Wax Coating on Frame Peeling, Metal Shows Corrosion/Rusting (U.S. and Canada Only) - (Nov 19, 2019)

Will do, thank you.

On the oil pressure, does it never go over 40psi or is it under 40psi at certain RPMs such as idling?  These gas engines do have a dual stage oil pump.  Hot idle will be between 20-30psi on the gauge.  Cruising speeds about 40psi.  Over 3500rpm the second stage activates and the pressure will jump up to 60-70psi.  

Your ABS issue can most likely be addressed by this bulletin:  

#PIT5707: ABS MIL and/or Service Stability Message with C050A and/or C0504 set - (Sep 9, 2019)
The oil pressure never goes over 40psi, I did read about the controlled oil pressure pump at certain rpm's, but this just stays low all the time and the engine is noisy. My neighbor asked me why I ended up going with the Diesel when he knew I did not want one. That's how noisy it is.
I don't think it;s an abs issue. Here's why, no MIL and even to stop at low speeds I need to apply en excessive amount of pedal pressure to slow down or stop. I will mention this TSB, thank you.

8 hours ago, Donstar said:

I agree with being patient and persistent yet polite/respectful.  The people you are speaking to are doing their jobs and you want them to move you to the next step.   Surface rust on new truck frames is not unusual and is not a new concern.   I always assumed it meant the truck had been sitting on a lot for awhile.    It sounds like your truck saw some activity prior to your purchase and  higher "demonstration" miles c/w rust is a curiosity    Your third picture of heavy rust on a new truck is particularly disturbing.  When your dealer suggests this is normal, ask to have a look at the same spot on comparable trucks.  I doubt you'll find one like yours. (take pictures of how this spot should appear)   My Sierra is five years old, lives outdoors on the west coast and you won't find rust like this on my truck.

I should have mentioned this earlier, the dealer delivered the truck to me about 350 miles away. That is where most of the miles came from. Thank you for the suggestions, the rust on the entire underside of this truck is unbelievable, I traded an 03 in on this one and that 03 had minimal rust anywhere. I wish I had my 03 back.

1 hour ago, Tahoe Tuff said:

Whats crazy is we had no snow this winter in Delaware. 

The part I cannot except for any reason is the large rust spots it leave where you park it. 

I have never seen that before, ever.

That makes me think it was parked in deep/standing water for some time.  Or, somehow, water sat up inside the frame rails.  Is there a spot where you could shine a light and use a small inspection mirror to look inside the rail?  Or do you have one of the cheap Amazon "snake cameras?"  If there is rust inside, I would sure think and demand that it is a buyback...

• Like 1

If it's leaving stains on the ground it sounds like the frame rails had water in them.  Truck very well could have been sitting in water.  Might have to go for a buy-back.

BTW- oil pressure probably is normal, the L8T has a variable displacement oil pump.  Don't know what to tell you about the engine temp., that does seem a bit high.

Ive seen newer vehicles with big rust spots.  I always take a peek underneath at the chassis.

Michigan vehicles always stood out as being terrible underneath.

When I bought my 2020 it was fantastic underneath.  It wont last forever, but I will take much better care spraying the undercarriage then I did my 2002.

those pics you showed...they look like a very neglected truck with a few years of heavy road salt

On 5/23/2020 at 6:38 PM, Tahoe Tuff said:

Delaware, but the truck came from Pennsylvania. 

That sucks. Sure sounds like it was driven in the winter (still not acceptable). My truck had less miles and most were from it being transferred between dealerships.

My 2019 with 12k on it and driven in mn winter looks almost new underneath you need to have a local body shop look at it and get an unbiased opinion not that it will matter but may help you in how to move forward

Edited by curver900

Small up-date. GM customer care is still playing games, nothing less than I would expect. I made an appointment at now the third stealership and same BS as the last one. Everything is normal, we just gave out out last rental car so you can wait several hours (service manger actually said all day) or better yet take it to the dealer you bought it at. Okay i get it they have enough customers and don;t want my business. They should quit their I didn't buy it there crying, because I paid cash and they wouldn't make any money on the financing anyway. Invoice was 57 and I paid 60. Service is where these idiots make their money anyway.

Sorry, less i digress, I was thrown off the lot when the service manager said all the new cars on their lot are severely rusted as well. So I simply said lets throw one of your High Country's from the lot on the lift next to my truck and compare.  When I called his BS lie he freaked out and told me to take my death trap somewhere else. He did not know what to do when I called him on his lie. Although none of this is funny I was laughing at his embarrassment. He was not able to see that because I was wearing a mask, I could see he was not laughing because he and several other employees there did not have their mask on covering their mouth and nose. They just had them around their necks. Maybe they had trachs, but shouldn't they wear a bigger mask to cover it all? Then I had to ask to get the damn thing sanitized, those stupid commercials are garbage, after asking to get it done two dirty looking idiots got in the truck with no gloves or masks on, touched everything and sprayed what looked like windex on the leather seats,  When is GM gonna run in their adds, "all of are new cars are severely rusted on the lot". "It's normal to expect severe rust on the frame of a new truck". I could respect that so then I know what I am buying, I have to admit though I would not pay anywhere near this amount for a rust bucket. 

I was able to get under one of the High Country's on their lot and take some pictures, before i was asked to leave.

You tell me if I am out of line here?

20200602_104747.jpg

20200602_104800.jpg

1 hour ago, Tahoe Tuff said:

Now you can see why he threw me off the lot.

The taking pictures isnt why you got thrown off the property but I can sure see why based on the more posts you make....

Its one thing to want something fixed, but how a person goes about it speaks volume.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, newdude said:

The taking pictures isnt why you got thrown off the property but I can sure see why based on the more posts you make....

Its one thing to want something fixed, but how a person goes about it speaks volume.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the trolls to show-up.

So this is the fourth dealer I have been to and treated like total garbage. I have been trying to get it fixed for over 2 months. Trust me if you were in my position you would not be as nice as I am being.

It's my fault? SOLD So you can drop off the 60K I paid and I will sign the title over to you, then you can go kiss their ass to get it fixed.

Or better yet just keep punching the clock at the dealership you work.

I am here looking for help not your sarcasm, If I wanted that I would go back to the dealer.

• Confused 1