Hello all...Has anyone been able to get an Ipod classic to work correctly in a 2020 Sierra with the 8" screen? Music plays and I get contexts, but can't browse. There's no browse icon and voice recognition doesn't help. Scrolling thru the cluster menu, the " browse Ipod" is shaded out and I can't select it.

I thought I was the only person still using one! I have an ancient iPod using Bluetooth to connect to the truck. I just keep it charged and working well. I have not tried the cable connection.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, shadysneed said:

Hello all...Has anyone been able to get an Ipod classic to work correctly in a 2020 Sierra with the 8" screen? Music plays and I get contexts, but can't browse. There's no browse icon and voice recognition doesn't help. Scrolling thru the cluster menu, the " browse Ipod" is shaded out and I can't select it.

Does the classic still receive updates from Apple?

Yes, but didn't seem to help. My buddy tried his ipod touch (6th gen) and it worked flawlessly. So I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get 1. 

Edited by shadysneed

I have a classic. Up until 2017 I’d go through my usb and could use my steering wheel control to make it work. It would show on my screen. Same with my I- phone. Of course the I-phone is blue tooth, my classic isn’t. It’s too old. 

I had the same issue. Classic (or original) iPods have a small hard drive while newer models have a solid state drive. Only the solid state drive is readable to for browsing, etc. Both will play, but you have to manually change your selection with a hard drive model.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, Not sure if this has been answered. I am new to this forum and went from a 2019 Chevy Colorado from hell to a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali in March 2020.

I had the same issue with my Colorado and it also occurs with my 2020 GMC Sierra.

Here is the fix that corrected my issue.

on the Iphone 

1. go to setting

2. click sound and Haptics

3. Make sure the tab "Change with Bottons" is off (not green)

4. Set your ringer volume to the level you would like to hear it at.

5. this disables the side volume buttons but things should work now.

Before this I would set my ringer to a mid range level. Once my bluethooth connected I could see the volume drop. When I disconnected from bluetooth is remained silent until I used the side bottoms to increase the volume. Now I have my volume preset and yes the phone volume goes down when connected to bluetooth but raises again when to my set volume level when I disconnect from bluetooth.

Hope this helps.

ST

• 3 months later...

I just bought a 2020 Sierra 2500HD crew cab base model (no electronics on steering wheel).  I have a classic ipod and plug it into the dashboard usb, nothing happens.  I confirmed my ipod is running latest software.  My samsung phone plays fine via bluetooth.  Any ideas with ipod?  Thanks!