In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

El Angel

I recently bought a 2017 silverado but it doesnt have the wireless charhing feature

i just bought a 2017 silverado but it doesnt have the wireless charging feature i was wondering if i just just gto the center console off on that does have it and put it on mine 

I have it and it sucks.  It doesn't work 90% of the time.

I have it and it sucks.  It doesn't work 90% of the time.
Do you have the newer version I think they came out with in 2018? The original version didn't have enough power for newer phones. The upgraded version works fine if your phone fits in the tray.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

What I did to mine 

DEA8E842-C393-49B8-A723-AF4DB4E56043.jpeg

The 18's were the first to get this wireless charging lid. Check with @pgamboa he can probably get you set up with swapping out the lid to add in the wireless charging. Be warned though I do think it doesn't work that great either, especially with bigger phones and thick cases that don't exactly sit flush in the pocket they provide. Hard to keep up with when they keep adding to phone size every new iteration. My Note 10+ doesn't fit in the wireless charging pad on my buddy's 2018 with a charging lid. He has a smaller phone and it fits nicely and charges OK but said he doesn't even use it, just plugs it in.

I ordered the module from GMparts.com  Part number 84526978 and the price was $72.08. This is the module and wiring harness connector that plugs into the existing wiring. It works great and took about 5 minutes to replace. 

Jeff