Infotainment Screen crash/black screen

I was using the nav today and had my iPhone plugged in and infotainment system shut down and does nothing now. In reverse the backup camera comes up but very dim and that’s it. I’ve seen threads a year or so old so is there a fix for this? I took off the negative battery cable and waited a minute but no luck with that either. Anyway I can reset it without taking to the dealer? Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by seniorjumper82

I was using the nav today and had my iPhone plugged in and infotainment system shut down and does nothing now. In reverse the backup camera comes up but very dim and that’s it. I’ve seen threads a year or so old so is there a fix for this? I took off the negative battery cable and waited a minute but no luck with that either. Anyway I can reset it without taking to the dealer? Any help is appreciated. 
I've had something like this happen to me, I tried restarting after a couple hours and it didnt work, made an appointment with the dealer, and then the next morning, after sitting off overnight it worked fine again. There are lots of electronic gremlins in these trucks, I would wait overnight and if it isnt working again then think you'll have to take it to dealer, you've already done what you can do without diagnostics equipment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have had this issue since that day I picked it up, July 2019, I drove almost 3 hours to pick it up, I was on vacation at the time, pulling out of the dealership and about 5 mins down the road the CarPlay went nuts and I thought it was just me and something I had done wrong so I just kept going. The  trucks been at dealership for over 45 days (24 days straight once plus other 2-3-5 days at a time plus other appts when I waited while they looked at it), they have replaced the radio twice, the display screen once, the serial cable that connects them. What I was last told was that China was working on new software to fix it and that was pre COVID and have 0 updates from the dealer/Chevy since. I hired a lawyer, I can't be going to dealership multiple times a month or be expected to think a rental is adequate just to hand me back my keys knowing its still broken. I am more accepting of the radio/CarPlay stuff not working than I am the backup camera blacking out, if the gov mandates they all have backup cameras it should work every time as well, not so much for me but my daughter is a new driver and I rarely let her take my truck due to that issue. 

There is another thread where someone bought an aftermarket(?) screen and they have been good for a month straight now but I don't feel for what we paid that the owners should be responsible for fixing this ourselves and more money. The most I have ever gotten out of mine was 7 days with no issues. The truck has 15k miles on it now.