active aero shutters

1 hour ago, newdude said:

I'd double check your build sheet.

Ran some 2021 2500hd Duramax VINs without plow prep and they all had shutters in the build. 

I also checked the 2021 MY production option changes, WMI shutters were never deleted/removed during the production run due to any current events.  

I don't have my build sheet, so I dug out my window sticker and it indeed has the snow plow prep/camper package listed. So you are right, I'm just an idiot and overlooked/forgot it was on there.

I lookup and keep a spreadsheet of all the RPO codes of my vehicles I own and that's what I was referencing to see if I had the snow plow package. My truck does not have the "VYU - PROVISIONS-SNOW PLOW PREP" or the "WMI - SHUTTERS-FRONT GRILLE, ACTIVE, UPR AND LWR" RPO codes which is why I was mistaken.

I wanted to provide an update to my saga.  I have tried a few times to take a look to determine whether I have shutters on my 2021 Denali SRW Denali 3500 Duramax.  I have previously only looked in the light of day and the view of radiator fins was prominent.  Tonight, I took a closer look using a bright LED flashlight  after dark.  The view was much better and I was able to confirm that I do indeed have shutters. Really a big shout-out to newdude who provided excellent assistance through his posts and some private emails!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:29 PM, CHIp070 said:

Anyone with active air shutters missing the top left blade? Dealership told me this was normal.

I know old post but found this while researching a P05AE error code on my 2020 2500 Diesel

TIP: On 2019-2021 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500 models and 2020-2021 Silverado 2500HD/3500HD and Sierra 2500HD/3500HD models equipped with upper and lower shutters, the top passenger-side louver/vane of the upper shutter is intentionally missing from the shutter assembly for airflow reasons. Do not replace the shutter for the missing louver/vane. 

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=16027

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/23/2020 at 9:46 PM, unit said:

That's a conundrum  for sure.  I can't imagine why engineers would put shutters in front of that giant charge air cooler and radiator.  As I stated above, my 2020 LTZ 2500HD does not have shutters.  I can see where the shutters would fit into the front grill work for gasoline powered trucks but I didn't think any diesels had them.   It will be interesting to find out what the thinking is on them.

i haves 2020 2500 diesel high country and very happy having the shutters, it is a very useful during the winter, helps engine warm up quicker, i dont think it is worth the have on gas trucks, doesnt do anything with MPG either.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:19 AM, H1ghlndr said:

I have a 2020 Sierra HD AT4 3500 SRW Duramax built 1/29/20.  It does not have active aero shutters in front of radiator - looks like it has the holes for each shutter, but no shutter.  Didn't really think about it until watching a YouTube duramax channel with a grille off a 2020 and there were active aero shutters.  I have no codes so I wonder if this was intentional from factory?

Do others have (or not) these active aero shutters shutters on their 2020 L5Ps?

it is standart on every gm trucks,some people doesnt get it because of shortage and no credit paid to the buyers.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, H1ghlndr said:

I don't have 5th wheel, but snow-plow and towing as part of 3500.  I am wondering if people with no shutters have an option like snow plow prep or something else?  Weird that there are 2500s with / without.  My initial thesis was 2500 and them and 3500s didn't.

What options do people have with and without shutters?

i have it on my 2500hd high country, i like it in the winter, helps engine warm up quicker, so you really dont need a engine cover for the winter, when it is come to MPG nothing, worthless on the gas trucks but every gm trucks comes with it standart, a lots of trucks missing shutters but nobody complains about it and no credit paid to the buyers, you just have to pay attantion when you buy anything new .