active aero shutters

I have a 2020 Sierra HD AT4 3500 SRW Duramax built 1/29/20.  It does not have active aero shutters in front of radiator - looks like it has the holes for each shutter, but no shutter.  Didn't really think about it until watching a YouTube duramax channel with a grille off a 2020 and there were active aero shutters.  I have no codes so I wonder if this was intentional from factory?

Do others have (or not) these active aero shutters shutters on their 2020 L5Ps?

Here is the video I saw.  This is a 2020 duramax...

From GM: " In addition to the Silverado HD’s larger dimensions and distinctive trim personalities, 2500 and 3500 SRW models are available with active aero shutters for improved efficiency and a taller, more dominant hood line that asserts the trucks’ strength and character."

Mine has the shutters, 2020 GMC AT4 with a Duramax, you can see them behind the grille. I had to extract a extra push pin fastener from mine, also found one in the hood scoop drain, someone must of felt generous on the assembly line that day. That or my truck is falling apart....

That's a conundrum  for sure.  I can't imagine why engineers would put shutters in front of that giant charge air cooler and radiator.  As I stated above, my 2020 LTZ 2500HD does not have shutters.  I can see where the shutters would fit into the front grill work for gasoline powered trucks but I didn't think any diesels had them.   It will be interesting to find out what the thinking is on them.

I don't have 5th wheel, but snow-plow and towing as part of 3500.  I am wondering if people with no shutters have an option like snow plow prep or something else?  Weird that there are 2500s with / without.  My initial thesis was 2500 and them and 3500s didn't.

What options do people have with and without shutters?

I know for the 1500s, options like trailboss/AT4, snow plow prep, max trailering,.... will play into if you will have shutters. It is probably an option that you have on your truck that does not allow you to have them. 

ill go back to my side now. lol