Just Purchased Fox 2.0’s

Hey guys, so I purchased Fox 2.0 Coilovers for my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. I wanted to get some recommendations. Now before I ask, I have to clarify my truck is a 2018 I know some may people comment because of 2014-2016 trucks but as far as I know there’s a slight difference between 2014-2016 and 2017-2018 1500’s. My whole goal is to get a perfectly level truck. No rake, no squat. Perfect level. I called Fox but they weren’t that helpful. The gentleman stated the Coilovers are pre set to give a 2” level out of the box. However in forums I’ve read the Coilovers come the same setting as a stock Rancho strut but are adjustable to gain you 2”. Now I’d like to know if that’s the case if they are stock size would it be best to crank it up to get the 2” level or would it be best to keep it at the stock setting and then add a small spacer on top of the Coilover. Not trying to go over 2.5”. I don’t want to replace my UCA’s anytime soon. 

Thanks guys! I can’t wait to add these bad boys! 

130BD556-7F17-4F02-84B9-05C3F73D4748.jpeg

C25C22CE-E4B5-45F0-8099-DCF2B70CF543.jpeg

Mine did not give me 2 inches of level. The whole idea to a coilover is that it's adjustable so don't add a spacer. It's trial and error to see if it will be 2 inches or not. Unfortunately if not you need to pull the coilover again to adjust it. If you want I can count how many visible threads I have below the lock ring so you can see if yours is taller or shorter.

13 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

Mine did not give me 2 inches of level. The whole idea to a coilover is that it's adjustable so don't add a spacer. It's trial and error to see if it will be 2 inches or not. Unfortunately if not you need to pull the coilover again to adjust it. If you want I can count how many visible threads I have below the lock ring so you can see if yours is taller or shorter.

Is yours the same as mine? 985-02-018 is my model number. My coworker also has coilovers but his are a little different than mine. His truck is a 2016 mine is a 2018. 

I installed these on my 2018 1500 crewcab LTZ. It leveled the truck.

FOX 2.0 Performance Series Shocks (985-02-018-FULLSET)

I also tried to adjust them to get a little more height to clear the tires, but no manual spring compressor tool was going to do this. The spring is under a lot of pressure and getting it unloaded from the adjustment screw probably requires a strut/coil over compressor (more like a press). Not used one yet, so no knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

I installed these on my 2018 1500 crewcab LTZ. It leveled the truck.

FOX 2.0 Performance Series Shocks (985-02-018-FULLSET)

I also tried to adjust them to get a little more height to clear the tires, but no manual spring compressor tool was going to do this. The spring is under a lot of pressure and getting it unloaded from the adjustment screw probably requires a strut/coil over compressor (more like a press). Not used one yet, so no knowledge. 

Did they come preset 2” to level from the factory? 

Just now, ftwhite said:

Yes. Like I said, I can't adjust them with the tools I have. I've tried. 

Okay that’s one of my questions answered. Thank you. My other one, do you know IF you had a spring compressor, how much more could you crank up the coilover? Like how much overall height is achievable.

Based on the threads, it looks like a lot ? but based on the specs of 0-2". I kind of assume they are set at close to max. Trying to get more preload, in my mind, is going to mess with the travel and create sprint bind potential. However, I was going to try to get .5 inch more, and adjust the left to right height a little for road crown.    

1 minute ago, ftwhite said:

Based on the threads, it looks like a lot ? but based on the specs of 0-2". I kind of assume they are set at close to max. Trying to get more preload, in my mind, is going to mess with the travel and create sprint bind potential. However, I was going to try to get .5 inch more, and adjust the left to right height a little for road crown.    

I ended up purchasing a .5” Motofab spacer. Based on what you said since it comes with 2” from the factory adding that .5” spacer should make the truck completely level. I didn’t want to mess anymore with the coilovers because I want a plush ride. Whole reason why I didn’t just to a 2.5” spacer in the beginning. Thank you for the info. Any pics of your truck? 

20200513_100232.thumb.jpg.15510e393b3202001148c437fb92be82.jpg

I added a ReadyLift 2.25" REAR BLOCK KIT as well as the Fox shocks front and back. It sits about 1" higher in back, but I carry a lot of gear regularly, so it is often level.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

20200513_100232.thumb.jpg.15510e393b3202001148c437fb92be82.jpg

I added a ReadyLift 2.25" REAR BLOCK KIT as well as the Fox shocks front and back. It sits about 1" higher in back, but I carry a lot of gear regularly, so it is often level.  

Beautiful truck! Love the Centennial blue with the black Sludges. What’s your wheel and tire size? 

Fuel Sledge 18x9 +1 (Thread Size: M14 x 1.5, 6x5.5(139.7) Bolt Pattern)

Tires:

1st attempt (rub in reverse and full lock): 295/70r18 Nitto Ridge  (34.3 x 11.6)

Now (no rub): 275/70 r18 Nitto Ridge (33.2 x 10.8)

Want 285/70/18 (out of stock a few years ago)

I might move back to Duratrac from Goodyear though. I love the look and low road noise of the Nittos, but their winter snow, ice, and slush perf was fairly poor. 

My measures from ground to fender are 39 in front and 40 in rear. 

PS: thanks for the compliment too ?

Edited by ftwhite
thanks

2 minutes ago, ftwhite said:

Fuel Sledge 18x9 +1 (Thread Size: M14 x 1.5, 6x5.5(139.7) Bolt Pattern)

Tires:

1st attempt (rub in reverse and full lock): 295/70r18 Nitto Ridge  (34.3 x 11.6)

Now (no rub): 275/70 r18 Nitto Ridge (33.2 x 10.8)

Want 285/70/18 (out of stock a few years ago)

I might move back to Duratrac from Goodyear though. I love the look and low road noise of the Nittos, but their winter snow, ice, and slush perf was fairly poor. 

My measures from ground to fender are 39 in front and 40 in rear. 

PS: thanks for the compliment too ?

Now on your first attempt was it rubbing on the liner or what exactly? I’m looking to push it on mine lol as close to 35’s as I can ?

I hear you. Fortunately for me I live in the high heat desert and have never seen snow fall. You should look into Goodyear ultra terrain AT’s. I’ve seen a guy on YouTube who swears by them. 

Rubbed the mud flaps for sure, plus front liner. Even with trimming, it still rubbed. Not enough to be undrivable, but noticeable. A little tread wear I think would have solved it.  But I chickened out when someone said it looked like a double stuff Oreo

• 4 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 10:55 PM, Danyoda said:

I ended up purchasing a .5” Motofab spacer. Based on what you said since it comes with 2” from the factory adding that .5” spacer should make the truck completely level. I didn’t want to mess anymore with the coilovers because I want a plush ride. Whole reason why I didn’t just to a 2.5” spacer in the beginning. Thank you for the info. Any pics of your truck? 

Did you install this stuff? How did it come out?