Max Trailering spring part numbers help

The rear sag on my truck is pretty drastic compared to my 2017, so I would like to get a beefier spring pack for the rear.  Can someone help locate part numbers for the leaf springs and front coil springs from the Max Trailering Package?

Thanks!

EDIT: My truck sags 1.5" with just my daily bed load of toolbox/tools and bed cover.  Total is ~500lbs

Edited by pewterliftedz

The changes are just in the rear it goes from 3800 to 4150 capacity.

Maybe air bags would be cheaper than 2 complete leaf packs and shocks?

Do you have one of the trucks with the composite leaf springs?

Edit: accurate capacities.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

The changes are just in the rear it goes from 3850 to 4200 capacity.

I have the Max Trailering option and my rear axle gross is only 4150 lbs.

Edited by AlaskaErik

4 hours ago, newdude said:

Bags would be cheaper.  Being you have Z71 you'd also need the shocks as well.  Over $1200 for the front and rear springs and shocks.  

10 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

The changes are just in the rear it goes from 3800 to 4150 capacity.

Edit: accurate capacities.

I already have Bilstein 5100s in the rear and I added a 2" Trail Boss lift block to compensate for the sag.  No my truck doesn't have the composite spring, I believe that was only on LT trucks.  I'm not a fan of airbags honestly, I found part number 847540250 on a Max Trailering truck, and they're only $145 per side.

84469778 are the leaf springs on my 19 NHT. They changed the springs for 2020 so you might want to crawl under a ‘20 NHT and get the number off those instead.

My truck still squats a bit anyway, so perhaps airbags would be a better option.

• Like 1

I already have Bilstein 5100s in the rear and I added a 2" Trail Boss lift block to compensate for the sag.  No my truck doesn't have the composite spring, I believe that was only on LT trucks.  I'm not a fan of airbags honestly, I found part number 847540250 on a Max Trailering truck, and they're only $145 per side.
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs:

LT trim level with the 5.3L V8 L84 engine,
LT trim level with Short Bed and 3.0

The block nor the shock is going to help with sag. It's going to squat the same amount either way.

You would need to add a leaf or like you said get the full spring pack for both sides and the shocks. It's still going to squat.

If you added a 2 inch block your rear is now 3.5 high unloaded vs the front.

meaning if you have the same weight in the bed the bed should be approximately two inches higher then before when loaded.

Grab either hellwig helper springs 61912
timbren springs GMRTT15S
If you don't like airbags those are going to be the only options.

If you're mad serious about squat grab both.

How much weight is in your bed? If towing how much tongue weight? Are you sure you're not overloading your rear axle? Have you had a chance to take it to a CAT scale?

Here I am maxed out 15k LBS. 900lbs of tongue weight. You can see it squatted but that's to be expected maxed-out doesn't matter if it's a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton or 1 ton. My hitch was also set about 1/2 inch too high causing the nose to unload by about 150lbs.

don't forget to the max tow actually comes with a different rear axle, it's not just the ratio.765faa41acbe9ef0462c343ab11d146d.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topgear1224 said:

There are no changes to the front suspension for the NHT (max tow) trucks.

From Z71 to NHT yes they are different springs and shocks.  Regular 4x4 and NHT 4x4 use the same front stuff.  

15 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

The block nor the shock is going to help with sag. It's going to squat the same amount either way.

You would need to add a leaf or like you said get the full spring pack for both sides and the shocks. It's still going to squat.

meaning if you have the same weight in the bed the bed should be approximately two inches higher then before when loaded.

timbren springs GMRTT15S

How much weight is in your bed? If towing how much tongue weight? Are you sure you're not overloading your rear axle? Have you had a chance to take it to a CAT scale?

Here I am maxed out 15k LBS. 900lbs of tongue weight. You can see it squatted but that's to be expected maxed-out doesn't matter if it's a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton or 1 ton. My hitch was also set about 1/2 inch too high causing the nose to unload by about 150lbs.

don't forget to the max tow actually comes with a different rear axle, it's not just the ratio.

This.  This is the best answers here.  Changing springs isn't going to help OP's issue.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

From Z71 to NHT yes they are different springs and shocks.  Regular 4x4 and NHT 4x4 use the same front stuff.  

Interesting dealer told me the all the strut assemblies are the same PN except for the snow plow package. (And obviously the TB/AT4)

What is the spring rate on the Z71 vs the regular 4x4?

I'm trying to find a way to fix my bottom out issue going down the highway. It hits so hard that when it comes back up the rear tires are leaving the ground.

although I believe there's definitely a problem in the rear I think a lot of it has to do with the front sending a bunch of weight to the rear.

48 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

timbren springs GMRTT15S

don't forget to the max tow actually comes with a different rear axle, it's not just the ratio.

My truck on a daily basis probably has about 500lb in the bed (winch, toolbox, tools, bedmat, and bed cover).  My truck was sitting perfectly level with just the bed loaded, which is probably 1.5" of squat without a trailer.  I added the 2" block to get me somewhere close to factory specs, and I also tow a 5,000lb travel trailer (with a weight distribution hitch) around during the summer.   My axle isn't overloaded, it's just that these factory springs seem a lot softer than previous gen trucks.  No one makes a Add-a-leaf for our model trucks yet, I looked into it.  Which led me to my current adventure, trying to find NHT rear leaf packs.  I'm okay with some squat while towing, but I wasn't okay sitting level unloaded.

45 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

Interesting dealer told me the all the strut assemblies are the same PN except for the snow plow package. (And obviously the TB/AT4)

What is the spring rate on the Z71 vs the regular 4x4?

I'm trying to find a way to fix my bottom out issue going down the highway. It hits so hard that when it comes back up the rear tires are leaving the ground.

although I believe there's definitely a problem in the rear I think a lot of it has to do with the front sending a bunch of weight to the rear.

Adding Bilstein 5100 shocks to the rear helps a ton, my rear end doesn't bottom out on the bumpstop anymore when I go over highway whoops/dips.

My truck on a daily basis probably has about 500lb in the bed (winch, toolbox, tools, bedmat, and bed cover).  My truck was sitting perfectly level with just the bed loaded, which is probably 1.5" of squat without a trailer.  I added the 2" block to get me somewhere close to factory specs, and I also tow a 5,000lb travel trailer (with a weight distribution hitch) around during the summer.   My axle isn't overloaded, it's just that these factory springs seem a lot softer than previous gen trucks.  No one makes a Add-a-leaf for our model trucks yet, I looked into it.  Which led me to my current adventure, trying to find NHT rear leaf packs.  I'm okay with some squat while towing, but I wasn't okay sitting level unloaded.
My truck is only rated for 900lbs of tongue weight. 1500 payload between the front and rear axles.

timbren springs GMRTT15S or both. They are quality products.

They will get you were you are trying to be.

Max tow isn't really that much better or stiffer. It's still gonna "sag" with 500lbs.

• Like 1