Service Front Camera and HUD Issue

Hi Guys, did anyone experienced an issue with their Heads Up Display and front camera for FCA & LDW on the 2015+ Denali, Esky GM ... I haven't had any issues with it until this morning. i can only see a square full of lines across without any digits or anything else that can be seen. 

The second issue a week ago after the vehicle been parked, not driven for 3 days noticed this message on the DIC "service front camera " which is used for lane departure warning system and front crash alert. 

Turned off the vehicle and restarted it again and noticed no change ! ...wondering if anyone experienced any of these symptoms out there.

sounds like i need a trip to the dealer .... 

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_8141.jpg

No idea about a “front camera”, but I’m guessing the front sensors are similsr to the rear sensors, radar or what ever.  I know there is a camera on back.  That said, I had a similar with the rear park assist and got a similar msg in the DIC.  The body shop I use sent me to a local garage they use for electronic issues.  The expert there check the wiring connects to the rear sensors and check a computer for codes, no codes, no visible issue with wiring, found sensors working properly.  Put everything back together and said he couldn’t find a problem...but now rear park assist is working fine and no more DIC message.  I think the sensors can initially be check with the vehicle running and in drive.  If they are working you should be able to hear clicking from each sensor with a stethoscope.  However, the front collision and lane assist might not be active below some low mph.  Hopefully some smarter than I can offer advice before you have to go to the Stealer.  Good Luck.

Thank you Russ for your feedback. The park assist is not tied to the front camera. The front camera is the issue in my case... which is located above the rear view mirror inside the cabin. 

It might need some re-calibration.... i scheduled an appointment for next week and will see what they come up with. i will update you guys on my findings. thank you

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys here is the update just in case anyone run into the same issue later on.... Took the Denali XL to the dealership yesterday to have it diagnosed and they informed this morning that for the camera it's a bad circuit so basically dead ... same issue with the heads up display the display itself has gone bad and so will need to be replaced. So all together with labor and parts i'm looking at a ~ $1700.00 bill to pay at the stealer !!!

Nice job GM for a 5 yrs old vehicle these costly parts are going bad already....ever heard of the term RELIABILITY. I guess plenty of reasons why people are turning more toward Toyota and Honda. ??