Cheap large tires

These pics are after 15k miles. (I rotate every oil change, 5k)  they are wearing great with zero cupping or chopping and should have another 15k left. Anyone daily driving a T1 with 37’s should get that 30k out of your cheap tires is an accomplishment 

Tires should last more than 30k miles.

I got just shy of 60k miles from my Nitto trail grapplers on my last 1/2 ton and still had some life left in them, and 50k miles on my F250 before that.

Cheaper upfront does not necessarily equal cheaper in the long run. 

Run what you want, i have zero issue with it, and i suspect most people don't either.

I prefer tires and brands that are known to put out quality product, not a small brand i've never heard of that may have weak side walls, known for separation issues, short tread life, etc.  Little bit upfront to not worry about the unknown is worth it to me.

• Like 1

I hear ya. To each their own. Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone looking. The tires don’t have wear issues and balanced out great. Maybe they’ll make it past 30k maybe not but for 50% the cost of a name brand tire I’ve got no complaints. 

I don't fault anyone for making budget conscious decisions by any means, but if you're saying these were 50% the cost of a good name brand tire that lasts 60k miles, and they will only maybe last 30k miles, you're not coming out ahead because you are buying tires twice as often as those with name brand tires. Yeah, cheaper per purchase, but the final incurred cost is the same. I guess my point is it may be a gamble on a lesser known brand, for not much financial savings. Looks like those are holding up pretty well though.

To each their own though, no doubt. My suggestion for those looking to save on tires, is to watch tirerack or similar retailers for closeout deals. You can get some good rubber for a steal in some cases. 

• Like 1

That size tire in just about any brand isn't going to last very long. Even if you bought some 37's from Toyo, Nitto or BFG, they just won't last much past 30-40k miles. They are too soft and you'd have to be a pavement queen with a grandma like driving habit to not make them scrub away. Those big suckers past 50% tread can be dicey in the heavy rain, it's just a huge block pushing through water/snow instead of smaller tire that cuts through it.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:27 AM, BetaX said:

Tires should last more than 30k miles.

I got just shy of 60k miles from my Nitto trail grapplers on my last 1/2 ton and still had some life left in them, and 50k miles on my F250 before that.

Cheaper upfront does not necessarily equal cheaper in the long run. 

Run what you want, i have zero issue with it, and i suspect most people don't either.

I prefer tires and brands that are known to put out quality product, not a small brand i've never heard of that may have weak side walls, known for separation issues, short tread life, etc.  Little bit upfront to not worry about the unknown is worth it to me.

Sounds like you drive like my 84 year old mother.  My OEM Goodyear DuraTrac's are near bald and need replacing at 22k miles.  I've run BTF ATs for decades and have NEVER gotten 25k out of a set.  Granted, I drive in a more spirited manner than most.

Mud tires have no mileage warranty as they are made for off road use. Milestar makes good tires I work at a tire shop and we sell a lot of them especially there all terrain tires the Patagonia ATR. Mastercraft AXT was a good tire sold lots of them. the new AXT2 is ugly and way more mild then the original everyone who sees it doesn’t really like it. 

2 hours ago, rikhek said:

Sounds like you drive like my 84 year old mother.  My OEM Goodyear DuraTrac's are near bald and need replacing at 22k miles.  I've run BTF ATs for decades and have NEVER gotten 25k out of a set.  Granted, I drive in a more spirited manner than most.

Your mom drives like an **** too? ?

I ran BFG AT's once, lasted 30k miles...Crap tire.

KM2's lasted about 400 miles before I blew out sidewalls in the rocks.

Trail grapplers I've had great luck with for trucks and rock crawlers, much better than any other tire I've run on my vehicles.