Recent 2500 build timeline

Hey guys, just asked the dealer to put in an order for a new 2020 2500 and they told me there normal lead time was 6-8 weeks, but there not sure how long with the COVID. Anybody have a truck built recently? How long did it take. I guess I am not in any real hurry, just curious. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Londart2020 said:

Hey guys, just asked the dealer to put in an order for a new 2020 2500 and they told me there normal lead time was 6-8 weeks, but there not sure how long with the COVID. Anybody have a truck built recently? How long did it take. I guess I am not in any real hurry, just curious. Thanks.

Well I don’t see how they put in an order for you. The order deadline for MY 2020 was back in May. So they could only put in a order for a 2021. Unfortunately the production start up for MY 2021 is sept 28th. So if they did order one for you it’ll be a 2021 and I wouldn’t expect it till oct/nov. I was actually at my local dealer today asking about the same thing because I sold my truck yesterday and now I feel like half a man (truckless) 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Pastusak.t said:

Well I don’t see how they put in an order for you. The order deadline for MY 2020 was back in May. So they could only put in a order for a 2021. Unfortunately the production start up for MY 2021 is sept 28th. So if they did order one for you it’ll be a 2021 and I wouldn’t expect it till oct/nov. I was actually at my local dealer today asking about the same thing because I sold my truck yesterday and now I feel like half a man (truckless) 

Well that would have been great info for him to tell me. The salesman said nothing of the sort. I thought the build sheet he gave me said 2020 on it but I will have to check it out when I get home. I am in no rush so Oct/Nov is cool with me but he didnt say anything about it not being a 2020...

14 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Did you order a CC. If so you could still order one last week. If its a Dbl cab then it'll be a 2021

On 7/21/2020 at 6:46 PM, Pastusak.t said:

Spoke with the salesman I worked with in ordering my truck yesterday, and he said everything went through as far as he can tell. So I think like the other guy in her said it depended on what you were having built. He said when I mentioned this, that it did, because they cut off body styles and colors that they are no longer going to have in 2021 earlier in the year.

15 minutes ago, Londart2020 said:

Spoke with the salesman I worked with in ordering my truck yesterday, and he said everything went through as far as he can tell. So I think like the other guy in her said it depended on what you were having built. He said when I mentioned this, that it did, because they cut off body styles and colors that they are no longer going to have in 2021 earlier in the year.

Well that’s good news. Maybe my dealer is full of $*^t. They don’t have what I want so they where trying to sell me something. Maybe they only have an allocation for a 2021 and that’s the line of bs they fed me. You never know with these guys unfortunately 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, dquest said:

Wed last week it was still avail so hopefully you are G2G :)

The guy also told me they don't give out the build # anymore for you to track. Do you have know knowledge on this matter? He said I would call every 20-30 days and he would look it up, but I would love to be able to look it up myself whenever I want.

hopefully it goes thru....so many issues with ordering and guys waiting months before covid....and salesman dont know ****** it seems for most part...i would think good luck getting any 2020 HD  this late.....doesnt matter what they say only what they can produce and hasnt been good so far

4 hours ago, Brett Koder said:

I ordered early in March. TPW is 8/10. I’m concerned about the quality now with so many workers being out sick.

I don't know what TPW is sorry. Can you explain? Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Londart2020 said:

I don't know what TPW is sorry. Can you explain? Thanks.

Target Production Week

Its been a long wait. Trying to confirm with my dealer its still on target.

1 minute ago, Brett Koder said:

Target Production Week

Its been a long wait. Trying to confirm with my dealer its still on target.

Oh wow, so you ordered in March and they are not slated to start building until 8/10, or is that the targeted week for it to roll off the line?

I think the time line depends alot on what exactly is ordered. I ordered my 2500 crew cab LT gas in mid April(during the shutdown).  It arrived at the dealer mid July. I was surprised by how quick all things considered 

• Thanks 1