Power Folding Mirrors

Hello,

I know for some power folding mirrors are not important, but on my '16 LTZ I've become quite fond of them..

I have on order a '21 6.2 RST which unfortunately does not have power folding mirrors nor are they available.

My question is how hard would they be to add?

Could it be as easy as purchasing the mirrors and a new drivers door switch panel?

That sure would be nice..

Thanks in advance..

Rich

19 minutes ago, Puttnutt24 said:

Hello,

I know for some power folding mirrors are not important, but on my '16 LTZ I've become quite fond of them..

I have on order a '21 6.2 RST which unfortunately does not have power folding mirrors nor are they available.

Could it be as easy as purchasing the mirrors and a new drivers door switch panel?

Thanks in advance..

Rich

No one has figured it out yet.

3 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

No one has figured it out yet.

4 hours ago, Puttnutt24 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance..

Rich

It is not that easy.   I hooked up power mirrors when I upgraded my RST to 360 view.  I bought power fold switch and harness and it did not work.  You will need new driver window switch and switch harness, memory seat module at least.  Power folding mirrors runs through memory seat module and bcm.  I just bought cooled seats with memory module, waiting on arrival.  Seat harness looks like it has the right pins so I dont think I will need to reroute a bunch of wires like you would on previous body style truck.  Chris White at WAMS will be doing my custom programming.  I will keep you updated.   Thanks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

It is not that easy.   I hooked up power mirrors when I upgraded my RST to 360 view.  I bought power fold switch and harness and it did not work.  You will need new driver window switch and switch harness, memory seat module at least.  Power folding mirrors runs through memory seat module and bcm.  I just bought cooled seats with memory module, waiting on arrival.  Seat harness looks like it has the right pins so I dont think I will need to reroute a bunch of wires like you would on previous body style truck.  Chris White at WAMS will be doing my custom programming.  I will keep you updated.   Thanks.

That's cool, let us know how it works out.

On 7/28/2020 at 10:55 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

Definitely keep us updated.  Memory seats/mirrors is basically the only option I wish my truck came with that it doesnt have (think the 360 would be “cool”, but really dont care about that as much as memory, especially if it could be tied to “his and hers” key fobs...)

i dropped in, switch, cooled seats with memory seat module tonight.  this did not make the mirrors fold.  i will need to try custom bcm/memory programming next.  power driver and passenger seat work (except memory) and heat seat works(but i had this before).

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.  I think most realize this wont work “out of the box”, but hoping Chris/WAMS can make this work.

Where did you find/source the parts?  Is the memory module attached to the actual seat?

1 hour ago, Ben98gs said:

Thanks for the update.  I think most realize this wont work “out of the box”, but hoping Chris/WAMS can make this work.

Where did you find/source the parts?  Is the memory module attached to the actual seat?

yeah i figured it wouldnt but it was worth a try!

bought seat from nordstroums in SD.  great people.  yes mem module is there and driver seat still moves.

Does anyone know the part number for OEM power folding mirrors. I keep finding kit 23372182 which includes both oem tow mirrors but I cant find the kit with the power folding. Im trying to go oem because I've already got some aftermarket ones on it that are garbage.

so i figured out to to this you need at least a memory seat, both new door harnessess, both new switch harnessess and you need both new switches.  my body harness on my RST has all the wires to make memory work according to wiring diagrams and looking at harness.  i am waiting on door harness now (x500 and x600) after putting memory seats in my truck I also learn I gained haptic seat alerts and the folding/memory options are on my radio display.

20200807_215110.jpg

20200807_215129.jpg

My door harnesses came yesterday.

I got power fold mirrors and memory seats working today.   

I have a loaded RST Silverado but power fold/memory was not an option on RST.   My body harness had all the wires and pin layout for this to work.  I did not have to rewire anything.  I only had to replace harnessess/switches and a window regulator.  I also did not program the memory module.  I bought power fold mirrors a few months ago when I added 360 camera to the truck(see my post on this) so I thought I would try adding power fold/memory and cooled seats.  Cooled seats do not work yet that will need BCM programming.  

At first I had everything connected and it didn't work.  This was depressing, then I put down windows and everything started working.

Key fobs folds mirrors in and out.  Driver switch works folding/adjusting mirrors/windows.  Mirrors point down in reverse (when I turn that option on).  I can use fob to put windows down(when I turn option on).  All memory functions work.  Seats vibrate with cross traffic alert(when I turn option on).  All the options to show up in my radio.  Passenger power seat works.  The only thing I don't think works is there are no pop up messages on my speedometer like if I am driver 1 or 2 with memory seats.  I also don't know if puddle lights work yet.  I will find out when it gets dark.

I found most parts on ebay/ junk yard and lookupgmparts.com

Buy list

- Pair of memory seats

- L Power fold mirror 

- L Switch Harness 84449518

- L Switch 84512862

- L Door Harness 84622367

- L Door Bezel w/ memory 84522626 (got on ebay, might have to buy a whole door card dont think they sell just bezel)

- R Power fold mirror

- R Switch Harness 84449516

- R Switch 84559726

- R Door Harness  84622368

- R Window Regulator 84652636

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

My door harnesses came yesterday.

I got power fold mirrors and memory seats working today.   

I have a loaded RST Silverado but power fold/memory was not an option on RST.   My body harness had all the wires and pin layout for this to work.  I did not have to rewire anything.  I only had to replace harnessess/switches and a window regulator.  I also did not program the memory module.  I bought power fold mirrors a few months ago when I added 360 camera to the truck(see my post on this) so I thought I would try adding power fold/memory and cooled seats.  Cooled seats do not work yet that will need BCM programming.  

At first I had everything connected and it didn't work.  This was depressing, then I put down windows and everything started working.

Key fobs folds mirrors in and out.  Driver switch works folding/adjusting mirrors/windows.  Mirrors point down in reverse (when I turn that option on).  I can use fob to put windows down(when I turn option on).  All memory functions work.  Seats vibrate with cross traffic alert(when I turn option on).  All the options to show up in my radio.  Passenger power seat works.  The only thing I don't think works is there are no pop up messages on my speedometer like if I am driver 1 or 2 with memory seats.  I also don't know if puddle lights work yet.  I will find out when it gets dark.

I found most parts on ebay/ junk yard and lookupgmparts.com

Buy list

- Pair of memory seats

- L Power fold mirror 

- L Switch Harness 84449518

- L Switch 84512862

- L Door Harness 84622367

- L Door Bezel w/ memory 84522626 (got on ebay, might have to buy a whole door card dont think they sell just bezel)

- R Power fold mirror

- R Switch Harness 84449516

- R Switch 84559726

- R Door Harness  84622368

- R Window Regulator 84652636

Outstanding job...

But I had no idea it would be that involved.

Damn, pulling brand new leather seats out, that price my be to high.....

• 1 year later...

Hey Jarrett, thanks for this info. I scoured the forum and the entire internet for that matter for this info. 

Its silly what's important to people sometimes, but it really frustrated me that the passenger front window wasn't an 'auto-up' button on my 2021 Trailboss. 

So I bought (prior to researching) new switches for the driver and passenger side (84512862 & 84559726) the same ones you listed above. Only to find out that my harness isn't pinned for the driver side to work properly, and the passenger side has a completely different connector (very frustrating) 

Eventually I think I would like to get a pair of power folding mirrors (small, not tow mirrors) but for now would just be happy getting the window switches to work. 

My question to you is, will I need both the door and switch harnesses? Or do you think I can get away with just replacing the switch harness? I guess I don't understand what the door harness is for....the power folding mirrors? 

Thanks in advance