Anyone factory ordering????

I have been in the process of trying to purchase an AT4 since March.   Due to the configuration I want, I haven't been able to locate what I want so the dealer suggested a custom order.   My order was placed back in June I believe when orders started being accepted again.   I was given a build week of 8/20 but heard from the dealer last week that GMC would stop building 2020s and start making 2021s which is what mine will end up being.   Has anyone heard anything similar or in the same situation?    If so have you been told how long it would be to get the truck?    Thanks for any input, this has been a frustrating process.

54 minutes ago, Rangers13 said:

I have been in the process of trying to purchase an AT4 since March.   Due to the configuration I want, I haven't been able to locate what I want so the dealer suggested a custom order.   My order was placed back in June I believe when orders started being accepted again.   I was given a build week of 8/20 but heard from the dealer last week that GMC would stop building 2020s and start making 2021s which is what mine will end up being.   Has anyone heard anything similar or in the same situation?    If so have you been told how long it would be to get the truck?    Thanks for any input, this has been a frustrating process.

I ordered my 2020 3.0L Duramax on 6/26 and was told the same thing as you, 6-8 weeks for arrival at the dealership.  Likely the week of 8/20 as well.

I did not hear about my truck coming in as a 2021, but will let you if I do.

I found a 2020 3.0 duramax silverado on the chevrolet.com website that was to be delivered to a dealer in my area that had all the specs I was looking for.  Although I didn't custom order the truck I got the vehicle code from GM and was able to use the chat feature to locate the vehicle at different points prior to delivery.  Even the dealer was unable to get a delivery date or tell me where the truck was located.  Ended up taking just over a month for it to be delivered to the dealer.  

If you use the Chevy website right at the bottom of a listed vehicle page will be a little chat bubble.  Click on that and initiate a chat.  If you have the vin or the order number they will be able to at least tell you the vehicles location.  Pretty sure they use the Onstar gps to physically locate the vehicle.   

I purchased an AT4 two weeks ago. During the purchase process I spoke with many different dealerships. Two of them said Chevy/GMC trucks will not be built for at least 3 months, while the catch up with other models. I think this fits with shifting to 2021 models.

Or they told me that to get me to buy on the lot....thing is, they said almost the same thing.

I feel for all of you. I ordered my Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab short box with the 6.2l back in February. It finally got delivered to my local Chevy dealership 3 weeks ago. But I had to wait an extra week for delivery. Because Silverados with premium wheels ship separately from the truck. Of course someone forgot to ship the sexy 20 inch polished aluminum wheels to my dealership. But. Dam! What a sexy beast of a truck!