Color matching Chrome

No offense, but that's why I liked the RST models.......

They painted the front/rear bumpers and eliminated most of the chrome.

I had put PPF on them so they don't chip.

Not sure how you would paint chrome and make it stick? 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:48 PM, Aycock1987 said:

Has anyone had success in color matching the chrome bumpers? Any suggestions? 

I wrapped my 17 when I had it. You can paint chrome but there’s a lot of prep work needed and once you sand it there’s no going back. With wrap peel and your good as the day you put it on. 

Edited by Sauce

1 hour ago, Sauce said:

I wrapped my 17 when I had it. You can paint chrome but there’s a lot of prep work needed and once you sand it there’s no going back. With wrap peel and your good as the day you put it on. 

I tried finding a company that could color match the wrap but said they can’t. My truck is shadow gray metallic 

30 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

I tried finding a company that could color match the wrap but said they can’t. My truck is shadow gray metallic 

There's a wrap out there that would work. Not saying it's a perfect absolute match but there is something that is 99.8% exact that nobody would take a second glance at. Wrapping is the way to go but unless you do it yourself and buy the wrap in bulk you might just be better off selling the chrome parts and buying color matched ones. 

Personally, I think the chrome bumpers look great where as the painted ones look cheap. However, the mirror covers and door handles look cheap in chrome... 

Just did my fog light bezels.

Sanded with 1000 grit, plastic adhesion primer, 5 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear.a7469dfe75089cd2da440c8ea738f00e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Those look great! Where did you get the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, AdamAT4 said:

Just did my fog light bezels.

Sanded with 1000 grit, plastic adhesion primer, 5 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear.a7469dfe75089cd2da440c8ea738f00e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Looks great! I just did the same, but I want to add PPF to them before I install them.

Your best bet is to buy paintable bumpers and send them out to be sprayed along with your sensors.  There really is no proper way to paint metal bumpers that have been chromed unless you send them to a chrome shop to have the chrome chemically removed first.