THrottle Re-learn Proceedure

ANy GM techs or non-techs on this forum know how to perform a throttle relearn proceedure????? 

What I did, and I think it is the only way, is to use an OBDII scan tool that has throttle body position relearn special function.

I saw this video but I have my doubts that it can work as he explains

@5:22

• Like 1

I didn't watch the video. But don't you just let it idle for 3 minutes shut if off, turn it on and let it idle for 3 minutes again and your good. If its still out of whack just drive it, some hard acceleration, deceleration etc. google is your friend, I've seen it all over the place.

I didn't watch the video. But don't you just let it idle for 3 minutes shut if off, turn it on and let it idle for 3 minutes again and your good. If its still out of whack just drive it, some hard acceleration, deceleration etc. google is your friend, I've seen it all over the place.

Have you tried that method?
Cause this is what the video says as you’ve explained

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty simple, for those of us who don't have the GM tool or any other OBDII tool, let idle for 3 min, ignition off 1 min, repeat. You should see your idle rpm's stabilizing around 600 rpm over the course of those 3 min. If that doesn't work (idle speed fluctuating +/-50 rpm or more), then disconnect the battery for 10 min, and redo the two 3 min idle. After that just drive, and it will learn the new airflow and slightly adjust and stablish short and long term fuel trims, over the next 50 miles or so.

Edited by Mike@SolerPrf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1