Aftermarket exhaust/intake Options

I just picked up my 2020 2500HD with the Duramax on Friday.  After 500 miles I feel

compelled to upgrade the sound of the truck.  It is altogether too quiet.  I’m not looking to be the obnoxious attention-seeking jerk, but I do want the truck to make a bit of an impression.  

I’ve never owned a diesel, not have I ever added aftermarket exhaust to a truck.  Do’s or dont’s from personal experience out there?  What does or does not void warranty?

The only thing that will change the sound in any way is a resonator delete like the one currently made by Whelri custom fabrication.  I had the banks version on my ‘19 duramax and it did eliminate turbo lag on that truck and have an increase in engine/turbo sound.  It didn’t make it sound like a deleted truck but there was a noticeable difference in sound from the drivers seat.

• Like 1

Do you have a video of the exhaust? I’d like to hear it, been looking around for some options. 
The mbrp exhaust adds nothing but looks. There is no sound difference no HP gains. I was told this directly by mbrp. It's for looks. Due to all the diesel restrictions this is what they have. I had one on my 6.2 gasser and loved it. Banks has something coming out soon. Gonna wait and see what they put out but not spending $400 for nothing but a shiny piece of exhaust that adds nothing

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, that's why I want a video since the poster claimed the sound was "great".  I am skeptical until proven otherwise. 

That’s laughable and nonsense. There are many options for different sounds and volume. Even performance cars have exhaust that change their sound by simply stepping on the gas. Others by flipping a switch or turning a switch. All while maintaining emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up my 2020 2500HD with the Duramax on Friday.  After 500 miles I feel
compelled to upgrade the sound of the truck.  It is altogether too quiet.  I’m not looking to be the obnoxious attention-seeking jerk, but I do want the truck to make a bit of an impression.  

I’ve never owned a diesel, not have I ever added aftermarket exhaust to a truck.  Do’s or dont’s from personal experience out there?  What does or does not void warranty?

Ummm, today’s diesels, it’s a VERY complex exhaust system. Back in 2016, I was looking at exhaust systems for my DMax, come to find out, yes, it can be done but just how far is the question as you don’t want to damage anything cause the full original factory exhaust system was quoted to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $11K to replace. Get underneath your truck and check it out, lots of technology now in these trucks, thanks to the EPA.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

That’s laughable and nonsense. There are many options for different sounds and volume. Even performance cars have exhaust that change their sound by simply stepping on the gas. Others by flipping a switch or turning a switch. All while maintaining emissions.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.  DPF has completely change the landscape from an exhaust standpoint.  Hence my interest in substantiating any claims for sound improvements or noise level.  

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.  DPF has completely change the landscape from an exhaust standpoint.  Hence my interest in substantiating any claims for sound improvements or noise level.  

Are you looking to delete you exhaust system or just change out the muffler?