2020 Silverado Instrument Cluster Flash/Reboot

Driving down the road today in 1 week old 2020 Silverado LT 5.3 and the whole instrument cluster flashes like I am starting it up ... ALL the warning lights come on, all needles peg, stays like that for a cpl seconds and then goes away.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks.

Realized today that what had hapoened was that the truck lost electrical power causing the instrument cluster to reset as though I was starting it up ... except I was driving down the road at 55 mph ... I am not sure if this has happened before ... I just happened to be looking at instrument cluster ... anyone have any thoughts on this loss of power ... could this be the b+ battery cable to alternator issue or a loose ground screw or a short ... concerns me ... thanks all

There was either a TSB or PI document that GM released regarding some bolts in the engine bay fuse box not being tighter at the factory, causing all kinds of electrical issues. I have no idea if this is related to your issue, but it may be a starting point. Search the forum and you should find it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, forest said:

I believe that it has ... I have no occurences of the power loss since I tightened these down.  Are you having this issue?

My buddy’s 2020 is having the identical symptoms to yours. I’m having a somewhat similar issue in my 2020. Both are currently in with the local dealer. Mine was more transmission-related symptoms - jolting and slamming into a gear while moving. Happened three times, accompanied by “Service Parking Brake,” “Service ESC,” and “Traction Control Off.” It’d be stuck in that gear until restarted. I’m betting my buddy’s rig has the same loose fuse box bolts as yours. Mine could possibly be related. Gonna check this bolts when I get it back, if the dealer doesn’t do it. Thanks for the response. Cheers.