Clear bra for 2020 Sierra Elevation?

ero2

Just got my 2020 Elevation about 2 weeks ago, got the windows tinted today, and discussed clear bra's for the hood and front bumper a bit with them.  On my 2016 F150, when I bought it (used), I didn't see the small holes/rust from rock chips on the steel painted bumper.  They got worse, and multiplied daily, so, if the GMC painted bumpers are prone to rock chips/rust, I am thinking a clear bra would be worth the investment.  Anyone running them?  Is it not needed on the GMC/Chevrolet's?  It's the pacific blue metallic, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, ero2 said:

Just got my 2020 Elevation about 2 weeks ago, got the windows tinted today, and discussed clear bra's for the hood and front bumper a bit with them.  On my 2016 F150, when I bought it (used), I didn't see the small holes/rust from rock chips on the steel painted bumper.  They got worse, and multiplied daily, so, if the GMC painted bumpers are prone to rock chips/rust, I am thinking a clear bra would be worth the investment.  Anyone running them?  Is it not needed on the GMC/Chevrolet's?  It's the pacific blue metallic, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Getting my Denali done next week. Just the  front and hood. 

I've got a full front with partial hood Xpel ppf setup on my 20 sierra...IMO it's absolutely worth the cost especially with a new car and any driving on an interstate. My wife's white Sienna SE looks absolutely horrific on the front...I'll never have a car without ppf on the front at the least.

t1.thumb.jpg.3289f3f552978a52aa0beceff019c77c.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KCU Beor said:

I've got a full front with partial hood Xpel ppf setup on my 20 sierra...IMO it's absolutely worth the cost especially with a new car and any driving on an interstate. My wife's white Sienna SE looks absolutely horrific on the front...I'll never have a car without ppf on the front at the least.

t1.thumb.jpg.3289f3f552978a52aa0beceff019c77c.jpg

That looks great!  Can't even tell it's there!

I was quoted ~600 to do lower front bumper, 1/4 of the hood, the door handle area (nail and ring scratches) and a line down each door to protect against door dings on my doors.  900 would do the whole front end, plus the door handles, and the door lines.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:28 PM, ero2 said:

That looks great!  Can't even tell it's there!

I was quoted ~600 to do lower front bumper, 1/4 of the hood, the door handle area (nail and ring scratches) and a line down each door to protect against door dings on my doors.  900 would do the whole front end, plus the door handles, and the door lines.

That sounds about right...make sure that 1/4 hood also includes the 1/4 fender as well. I also had the headlight/fog light kit done too... I wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger. I opted out of anything chrome...i know it's pretty thin, but hoping it holds up a little better than the paint.

One shop is 900 for the partial front kit and says about 8 hrs to do it.  One is 1300 for the same kit but does paint correction, touch up, then installs it.  His reviews are stellar but man that is quite a bit more.  Do you get what you pay for on these Xpel installs, or go with the cheaper of the options?

thanks again guys!

Product wise, they are all similar.  You just need to watch the installer reviews.  Some shops are much better than others.  Pricing is typically similar as well.  Paint correction should be minimal on a new truck, but I would have that done as well.  As for paint correction in general, do the whole truck and then ceramic coat it.

My brother owns a shop/business and exclusively uses xpel. He's tried others over the years but does not care for them.

He did my whole truck less the roof at 50 miles on the odometer, already has saved me from shooting the dog, who decided he needed try jumping into the bed from the side of the truck. Still haven't be able to figure out wtf he was trying to accomplish.

I'll be his indentured servant on weekends for the next couple months. Even still I think it was worth it and the front end, at least, is certainly worth it.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ero2 said:

Has anyone used the suntek one over the xpel one?  It’s substantially cheaper, but if it sucks, I don’t want to cut corners, but 1400 vs 900 is kinda nice (and would cover a level, lol)

I went with Xpel and it seems that’s the one to go with per what I’ve been reading. I am not familiar with Suntek. I guess go with what your budget allows. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going with xpel tomorrow!  Only question I have is, is this part of the grill worth the $350 it costs to do or did you guys who did a clear bra do it?  Or is it cheap plastic and replace it if it gets too bad?  Looks like the part is $460 Ish.

7A1B3FB5-3478-4FA9-90E3-86802FEB5C98.jpeg

Edited by ero2