2014 High Country Navigation Won't Shut Up!

Good Morning,

I've got a company truck in which is a 2014 High Country, this morning after starting up the truck the Navigation system is trying to take me back home (I think it may have the right idea), but I need to go elsewhere, anyway I can't stop it! Can't turn anything off, it's locked up. Besides disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes is there a reboot procedure for the system? Any help would be appreciated.

46 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Good Morning,

I've got a company truck in which is a 2014 High Country, this morning after starting up the truck the Navigation system is trying to take me back home (I think it may have the right idea), but I need to go elsewhere, anyway I can't stop it! Can't turn anything off, it's locked up. Besides disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes is there a reboot procedure for the system? Any help would be appreciated.

Use the onstar button, they can reset it remotely or plug in a new address for you.

21 minutes ago, btj_z71 said:

Use the onstar button, they can reset it remotely or plug in a new address for you.

We don't subscribe to Onstar, and I don't want a new address, I want it to stop talking! LOL, Thanks for the idea though. ?

39 minutes ago, catpartsman said:

You could try disconnecting the battery for about 5-10 min or pull the glove box out and remove the HMI’s navigation antenna connection. It should be the small blue one all the way to the drivers side when looking at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the battery disconnected right now, hopefully it will reset it and it won't happen again. Thanks!

Ok, I left the battery disconnected for 30 minutes and no change, the Nav still wants me to go home no matter what I do? Should I just listen and stay home or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Ok, I left the battery disconnected for 30 minutes and no change, the Nav still wants me to go home no matter what I do? Should I just listen and stay home or does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks! 

Have you gone into the Nav menu and canceled the route while it is telling you where to go?

9 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Have you gone into the Nav menu and canceled the route while it is telling you where to go?

Yes, cycles back on and starts routing you again, tried clearing all address's, the home address is stuck in there and won't come out, tired resetting radio to factory settings, same issue, remove all personal information, same issue. It's at the dealer now, they are doing the radio updates and hopefully that fixes it, time will tell.