2016 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2 won't start

I went out to get in my truck Saturday, to fire it up so we could take the kids to a family friend's birthday party. I hopped in, put the key in the ignition, and the infamous click click click... So I just got a battery about a year ago for a somewhat similar situation with a bad battery, so naturally I was like WTF... got my volt meter out, and sure enough battery was sitting at 11.9 volts, now here's where it get's strange, I pull the battery to take it in, and I decided to check it just to see, and it was now at 12.6??? Still technically low enough to be a bad battery (91%), but not nothing like you'd typically see. So I took it in anyway and they graciously swapped it under warranty. So I'm done right? Wrong!!! I get home and put it in, walk around to start her up, now when I put the key in it'll only ding, nothing else.... no radio, no display, not even the click I was getting earlier.... so now I send the family without me, and I'm about to investigate. Computer wouldn't allow me into the pcm, but it would allow me to check for open circuits, which I had an ignition open circuit, I check all available fuses, and there's alot of em, 3 banks worth, they were all fine..... what the hell.... so then I looked at the battery terminal (buss bar), checked all circuits, I had a dead 175A terminal, bingo!!!! Went to the dealer, it's a 92 dollar part, and all is now well... it took me the better part of the day to figure this out, so I'm hoping this may help short cut some of you with the same type problem... dealer said this item goes out often, and for no apparent reason.. links to pictures, and part numbers attached. Happy mechanicing

20201018_111905.jpg

20201018_112052.jpg

20201018_112059.jpg

20201018_112119.jpg

• Like 4