Set cam ****** offset-97 vortec 5.7

Hi, I've got a 97 K-1500 w?5.7 Vortec & I'm looking for a Blue tooth scanner to set the cam ****** offset. There is one on Amazon, BAFX #3127 that some reviewers claim will work along with the proper app.. Just wondering if anybody out there has used this one or if there's any other recommendations. Thank you

• 1 month later...

I got the Veepeak off amazon for the specific reason to set the cam/crank ****** corr. and it worked fine. Used dash commander from google play. I realized the replacement distributor mount was not allowing enough rotation to get the position set so I went back to the original  distributor mount and dialed it in perfectly.

Thank you for the reply. I did end up getting the BAFX scanner & tried using with dash command & one other app. with no success. I have since found out that these scanners & apps will work for 1998 & up to set the cam ****** offset. Apparently '96-'97 used a different ECM & none of the lower priced scanners are capable of this. I guess the only alternative is to take it to a garage with a high priced scanner! Again, thanks for the reply

• 3 weeks later...