2”-3” Lift for 2020 Sierra Denali 1500?

Hi everyone, wondering if there is a good lift kit that is compatible with the Denali Adaptive Ride Control suspension? Looking for 2-3” and enough room for a slightly larger tire.

I see there is a 2” lift from GM that keeps the factory warranty, but it seems it is not compatible with ARC on the Denali?

Thanks!

Edited by GMCnoob

19 minutes ago, Anakalypto said:

BDS makes a good one but may be more than you want to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cost not a major factor. Is BDS the best way to go if price not an issue? Thanks.

I bought superlifts king kit. Haven't installed it yet. Being a serria sizes are limited. It will allow me to run 34. I don't want to trim anything, so going to a 6 didn't make sense. I also don't want to cut my cross members.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/240553-biggest-tire-upgrade-on-stock-rims-20%E2%80%99-sierra/

Lots of info here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I’m a BDS fan with Fox shocks. Running a 4” kit on my Sierra with 35x12.50s. Not afraid of trimming though...

I think BDS makes an ARC kit. You can’t go wrong with any of the high end kits. I went with the 4” because I didn’t want to go too big, but was also ok cutting the front cross member.

b807d7c12902da27b249d975900ae325.jpg

Nice, I tend to carry a bit more speed than I probably should off-road so for me keeping a low center gravity was very important.

I have a 2500HD that's got a 6in lift and there are times now where I want to turn it back into a tow machine and I really can't because the crossover was cut soooooo.

3 hours ago, Anakalypto said:

I’m a BDS fan with Fox shocks. Running a 4” kit on my Sierra with 35x12.50s. Not afraid of trimming though...

I think BDS makes an ARC kit. You can’t go wrong with any of the high end kits. I went with the 4” because I didn’t want to go too big, but was also ok cutting the front cross member.

I like yours a lot. So for the 4” BDS lift you have to cut the front cross member?

Nice, I tend to carry a bit more speed than I probably should off-road so for me keeping a low center gravity was very important.

I have a 2500HD that's got a 6in lift and there are times now where I want to turn it back into a tow machine and I really can't because the crossover was cut soooooo.

Yeah you can, it just takes some work. A cross member is not a space ship. Depending on the year it either unbolted, then they just cut off an inch or two for clearance. Or they cut it out completely. Either way a good fab shop can weld one back in. I mean shops can shorten or lengthen frames, fix cars hit in the B pillar, etc. Replacing a cross member isn’t hard. Just have to have the right shop do it.

I mean this guy hacked one back together in his garage. I’d do it differently, but hey... guess it works.

A good fab shop can hook you up.

• Like 1

I like yours a lot. So for the 4” BDS lift you have to cut the front cross member?

Yep. It is actually the same hardware as a 6” lift. Only difference is it uses shorter spacers and blocks. In theory I could swap U bolts in the rear, change the leaf spring plate. Then just drop in the 6” front spacers and 4” rear blocks and I’d be running the 6” lift kit.

As a matter of fact in the instructions it’s the same kit, just a few parts noted as different for the 4” vs 6” kit.

Next spring I’m converting to coil overs up front and going to have them custom set at about 4.75”, raise the front just a little so it has a slight squat. Not much.

Yeah you can, it just takes some work. A cross member is not a space ship. Depending on the year it either unbolted, then they just cut off an inch or two for clearance. Or they cut it out completely. Either way a good fab shop can weld one back in. I mean shops can shorten or lengthen frames, fix cars hit in the B pillar, etc. Replacing a cross member isn’t hard. Just have to have the right shop do it.

I mean this guy hacked one back together in his garage. I’d do it differently, but hey... guess it works.

A good fab shop can hook you up.

They chopped it off, not a clean cut, would have to get a whole new cross member, and knuckles. Idk if it work it at 206k. Took it to GCWR from Arizona to Alaska and other than the squat she did amazing.

• Like 1

They chopped it off, not a clean cut, would have to get a whole new cross member, and knuckles. Idk if it work it at 206k. Took it to GCWR from Arizona to Alaska and other than the squat she did amazing.

Yeah at that I’d just keep on trucking boss

• Like 1

What I really want is room to add some more rubber compared to the low profile 275/50/r22 that come factory with my truck. I don’t want to level it because I’m going to tow 5k-6k lbs regularly so I want to keep the factory rake so my headlights aren’t pointing up when towing. Do most lift kits also level?

13 hours ago, GMCnoob said:

What I really want is room to add some more rubber compared to the low profile 275/50/r22 that come factory with my truck. I don’t want to level it because I’m going to tow 5k-6k lbs regularly so I want to keep the factory rake so my headlights aren’t pointing up when towing. Do most lift kits also level?

Just put a level on it and add small blocks to the rear.