Transmission problems at 1,000 miles!

Hey guys, I just got a 2020 Silverado custom about 3 weeks ago. I was driving home today and stopped at a light, when the truck started back up (auto stop option) and I went to accelerate it’s like the transmission didn’t engage. The engine would rev to about 4500 RPM and the truck would barely move. I limped it to the dealership and they said it was just giving  a generic transmission code. They’re going to dig into it tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a similar problem. I was able to find a bunch of complaints about the 8 speed transmission in general, but couldn’t find anything that matched the problem I had. TIA

Update, the dealer pulled the pan today and found they the transmission was filled with metal shavings. They are going to replace the transmission. I’ve contacted the Sales manager, as well as GM and lodged formal complaints. Neither seem too concerned about a vehicle with 800 miles needing a new transmission. They do “understand my frustration” though. They’ve made that clear, apparently just not enough to do anything about it. 

This is sad ,But reality is Some new things Just break. Look at the bright side its not your A Coil causing the who  interior having to be torn out and put back...Manufacture warranties are given for this very thing.  

Good Luck and hope they get you back going Super fast .

Given the lack of resolution I’ve seen others have for similar issues, I’m actually somewhat relieved. Truck went in Friday Night, transmission was ordered today. I get it, things happen, but it’s still a bit disheartening when you spend that much on a vehicle. 

• Thanks 1

So, just exactly what else are they supposed to do?

They're putting a new trans in. Just as they warrantied it for. Sucks to have it happen, we get it. But what else are you expecting? Be thankful you're getting a new trans, rather than them rebuilding that one.

2 hours ago, Adamd said:

Update, the dealer pulled the pan today and found they the transmission was filled with metal shavings. They are going to replace the transmission. I’ve contacted the Sales manager, as well as GM and lodged formal complaints. Neither seem too concerned about a vehicle with 800 miles needing a new transmission. They do “understand my frustration” though. They’ve made that clear, apparently just not enough to do anything about it. 

That's because in their view the issue is being fixed and you'll get your truck back.  Now.. in the grand scheme of things, it's a mechanical device, subject to failure at anytime, no guarantees except for the warranty.. but would I be upset if it were my truck?  Yes.  Would it make me lose faith in the brand? yes.  But.. does this happen to other manufactures, even the almighty some claim to be the best near perfect Crapotas?  yes.  Does it happen as often on the Crapotas as it does on other brands?  eh.. probably not.  But it does happen. 

4 hours ago, Adamd said:

apparently just not enough to do anything about it. 

Do you think that them replacing the transmission is doing nothing? What do you expect them to do?