Disappointed with my 2020

6 minutes ago, mcgee500 said:

Is that it, I have left it out in 5-or 6 rain storms 2 of them lasted all day and most of the night. My dealer is a very big dealer and they claim they have sold around 1000 2019-2020 trucks and so far only had 7 of them with leaking windows. I know at least 4 guys that have them and none of them leak either. From what I have learned it seem like very few if any trucks built in Ft Wayne leak.

Lot of people don’t even notice the window leak if minor, so what leaks and what actually gets repaired is not the same number. Of course dealers enjoy down-playing everything too.

As far as production location; doesn’t matter. All of the early trucks (mine included) were built in Ft Wayne and they are absolutely the worst, near 100% guaranteed to leak. Things have gotten better since, but even today we’ve seen plenty of trucks from both plants leaking. It’s a defective part, doesn’t seem to matter who installs it.

Not worth losing sleep over or checking daily, but the leak is always a possibility. 171 pages of leaks across 3 model years in the window thread proves that.

• 1 month later...

So I love researching trucks and looking up stats on them. That 6.2L took it to that so called “Hemi”. I wish they would have had a 5.3L there also. My bet is that it would have been neck and neck. 

Now GM needs to up its cards and build faster truck. That new powerboost is quick. 
Thought this was an interesting matchup. 

Edited by TNTSilverado