Disappointed with my 2020

19 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Well I see the "wanderer" is still out wandering around coming up with excuses and totally missing the point of what I was saying!  Go Figure

Here is what I meant in plain dumb english for him because he has more excuses than anyone trying to debate than I've ever seen:

1. "Most" of the Ram guys I know think there so called "hemi" (which isn't a hemi) is the baddest around. They think the 5.3L is weak, because they have a 40 HP advantage, along with 20 LB TQ also. 

2. We as consumers do not have many choices when it comes down to what the manufacturers give us. The weight, gears in transmission, and rear end gear ratio are set by them. IF YOU DON"T LIKE THAT, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM. It's not GM's fault that they offer a new 10 spd and decided to cut weight on their trucks. Stop making excuses.

3. I never once said the Ram "hemi" s@cked! I said I like the engine, I just stated that those Ram guys talk how good their Hemi's are?? Which goes back to point topic #1. The fact that a truck with a disadvantage of 40HP 20TQ outperforms a more powerful truck is what I was getting at. Those are the FACTS and it's in the articles I posted! 

4. This totally lost individual "wanderer" is missing the point all together. The truck that ANYONE OF US can buy off the lots RIGHT NOW. THE 5.3L OUTPERFORMS the 5.7L so called Hemi trucks! Not the truck that is found "wandering around" in the "wanderer's" mind!

Now move on with your day, or keep wandering around, that's your choice little fella!  Hopefully you understand now, can stop making excuses, "what if's", and "but, buts"!

To everyone else, this was never a d!ck measuring contest for me, it was a simple point that I proved with the 2 articles I posted! 

Ah. I was hoping you would chime in again today, you just made my day!

Actually "Most" of the Hemi guys I know couldn't care less what engine you have in your Chevy, as for the last 8 years we've been destroying Chevy's with their weak 6 and 8 speeds.

As to whether the 2019 Chevy 5.3/10 outperforms the 2019 Ram/5.7, you're wrong there as well.

Chevy 5.3 (RST) 0-60 = 6.6 seconds

Chevy 5.3 (TB) 0-60 = 6.4 seconds

Ram 5.7 (Laramie) 0-60 = 6.1 seconds

Chevy 6.2 (10 speed) 0-60 = 6.0 seconds

Sources:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/silverado-1500/2019/2019-chevrolet-silverado-first-test-review/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-laramie-57l-first-test-review/

Check out that hemi eh? 1 second slower than the "mighty" 6.2 and that's while being down 2 gears lol. Absolutely destroys the 5.3. Just like I said for the last 15 posts.

3 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

Ah. I was hoping you would chime in again today, you just made my day!

Actually "Most" of the Hemi guys I know couldn't care less what engine you have in your Chevy, as for the last 8 years we've been destroying Chevy's with their weak 6 and 8 speeds.

As to whether the 2019 Chevy 5.3/10 outperforms the 2019 Ram/5.7, you're wrong there as well.

Chevy 5.3 (RST) 0-60 = 6.6 seconds

Chevy 5.3 (TB) 0-60 = 6.4 seconds

Ram 5.7 (Laramie) 0-60 = 6.1 seconds

Chevy 6.2 (10 speed) 0-60 = 6.0 seconds

Sources:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/silverado-1500/2019/2019-chevrolet-silverado-first-test-review/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/1500/2019/2019-ram-1500-laramie-57l-first-test-review/

Check out that hemi eh? 1 second slower than the "mighty" 6.2 and that's while being down 2 gears lol. Absolutely destroys the 5.3. Just like I said for the last 15 posts.

Again, IN THE HEAD TO HEAD COMPARISON....READ the d@mn article

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a22984237/2019-ford-f-150-vs-chevrolet-silverado-vs-ram-1500-pickup/

Ram so called Hemi ran it in 6.2 Secs

Chevy with mighty 6.2L ran it in 5.4 Secs

That is almost a whole second!!  Get your facts straight. That was in a true comparison test on SAME DAY!!! 

and my second article

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a25016363/2019-chevy-silverado-1500-by-the-numbers/

5.3L ran it in 6.1 secs

You are truly a scorned individual who is getting awfully b@tthurt over this.

Seriously man get a grip! 

11 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Why not the 4.10s from the previous gen HDs or the 4.30s out of my Tundra? 

The Tundra needs 4.30's because it only has 6 gears. Do the math on the gear ratios, I haven't done that for Chevy but for Ram's ZF 8 speed, the 3.21 has a lower first gear than the Tundra's 6 speed with 4.30's. Yes you read that right. And not only does it have a lower first gear, it has a higher final gear for better MPG while cruising on the highway.

The Tundra does nothing well other than perhaps reliability.

3 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Why not the 4.10s from the previous gen HDs or the 4.30s out of my Tundra? 

Even better. And hey, I’ll even be nice and allow the Tundra to use the excellent 10 speed trans in my fantasy truck world. Tell you what, I wouldn’t sleep on the Tundra if it had more than a 6 speed. When it came out it was one of, if not the quickest truck available. 

I don’t care about the rest of those Motor Trend results just posted, but even Hellen Keller could drive a 6.2 to 60 in less than 6 seconds. I believe there was some kind of remark in the MT article that it was hotter than piss on test day, but I don’t care to dig around.

I regularly rip off 5.5-5.7 second runs and have hit 5.4 once. And that’s on the street, not a track where they test everything for magazines. 

• Like 1

Also, on the MT tests, neither of those 5.3 trucks are a 10 speed. 10 speed became standard on TB for 2020 and still isn’t available on RST unless paired with the 3.0 or 6.2.

I don’t really want my dog in this fight, just putting the facts out there. ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Again, IN THE HEAD TO HEAD COMPARISON....READ the d@mn article

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a22984237/2019-ford-f-150-vs-chevrolet-silverado-vs-ram-1500-pickup/

Ram so called Hemi ran it in 6.2 Secs

Chevy with mighty 6.2L ran it in 5.4 Secs

That is almost a whole second!!  Get your facts straight. That was in a true comparison test on SAME DAY!!!  

and my second article

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a25016363/2019-chevy-silverado-1500-by-the-numbers/

5.3L ran it in 6.1 secs

You are truly a scorned individual who is getting awfully b@tthurt over this.

Seriously man get a grip! 

14 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Also, on the MT tests, neither of those 5.3 trucks are a 10 speed. 10 speed became standard on TB for 2020 and still isn’t available on RST unless paired with the 3.0 or 6.2.

I don’t really want my dog in this fight, just putting the facts out there. ?

This keeps getting funnier, y'all don't realize how bizzare you sound. Cherry picking data that proves your point, discarding other data because "it's too hot outside" or suddenly it's important that the 5.3 needs the 10 speed when the 8 speed gets its @ss brutally handed to it etc etc. I could do this all day, ya got blinders on.

The truth of the matter is (which I've said from post #1): the Hemi performs right where it should. In between the 5.3 and the 6.2. You can change the packaging all you want to favour one truck vs another, but that doesn't change how the engine performs, just how the truck performs. You don't even need road tests, just look at the HP ratings. HP never lies.

If this closed minded individual would read for comprehension. Then my article states the 5.3L had the 8 speed transmission and ran a 6.1 sec time to 60. So stating that the new T1 trucks with the 8 speed gets destroyed is even more comical. It runs better with a 10 speed. 

It just shows how truly adolescent “the wanderer” really is

Edited by TNTSilverado

6 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

This keeps getting funnier, y'all don't realize how bizzare you sound. Cherry picking data that proves your point, discarding other data because "it's too hot outside" or suddenly it's important that the 5.3 needs the 10 speed when the 8 speed gets its @ss brutally handed to it etc etc.

Pot, meet kettle. You cherry picked the one test of a 6.2 in magazine history that was 6 seconds or above, and even the magazine knew it’s bunk with their disclaimer. I can post a half dozen other road tests that prove that. 

As far as the 10 speed part, I was simply correcting your inaccurate statement. You stated the 2019 5.3 trucks had the 10 speed. They didn’t.

1D2748C8-3C33-4270-8E9A-7CDF0A492D0E.thumb.jpeg.6746649693c92f2dfbe43ce348a2b337.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNTSilverado said:

If this closed minded individual would read for comprehension. Then my article states the 5.3L had the 8 speed transmission and ran a 6.1 sec time to 60. So stating that the new T1 trucks with the 8 speed gets destroyed is even more comical. It runs better with a 10 speed. 

It just shows how truly adolescent “the wanderer” really is

Sweet cheeks, I gave you some motor trend links and even helpfully snipped out the relevant content. When comparing 8 speed vs 8 speed, the Ram did 6.1 vs 6.4 and 6.6.  I'd say that's pretty definitive, but maybe it was too hot that day.

Just now, the wanderer said:

Sweet cheeks, I gave you some motor trend links and even helpfully snipped out the relevant content. When comparing 8 speed vs 8 speed, the Ram did 6.1 vs 6.4 and 6.6.  I'd say that's pretty definitive, but maybe it was too hot that day.

So when the 6.2L rips off a 5.4 secs to 60 compared to a 6.2 secs to 60 in the so called Hemi. On the SAME DAY comparison.  That’s not getting destroyed.  You are way to comical. Give up man

it comes down to what I stated before. The 5.3 hangs with and can beat a 5.7L     

deal with it youngling 

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

Pot, meet kettle. You cherry picked the one test of a 6.2 in magazine history that was 6 seconds or above, and even the magazine knew it’s bunk with their disclaimer. I can post a half dozen other road tests that prove that. 

As far as the 10 speed part, I was simply correcting your inaccurate statement. You stated the 2019 5.3 trucks had the 10 speed. They didn’t.

1D2748C8-3C33-4270-8E9A-7CDF0A492D0E.thumb.jpeg.6746649693c92f2dfbe43ce348a2b337.jpeg

4 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Actually I didn't say that (though I could have worded that better). The last item (which you unhelpfuly cut off) shows where I explicitly state which truck is the 10 speed. My point was, the 6.2 with 10 speed was barely fast enough to beat the ram with 8 speed, so no chance the 5.3 was going to do the job. The 5.3/8 poor results shows how much packaging matters. Comparing apples to apples, the Hemi destroys the 5.3. End of story. Lots of tests on youtube show this, as well as comments on this forum and the 3 Ram forums I'm part of.

2 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

So when the 6.2L rips off a 5.4 secs to 60 compared to a 6.2 secs to 60 in the so called Hemi. On the SAME DAY comparison.  That’s not getting destroyed.  You are way to comical. Give up man

it comes down to what I stated before. The 5.3 hangs with and can beat a 5.7L     

deal with it youngling 

How about the "same day" comparison few posts back where a guy complained his 6.2 couldn't overtake the Hemi? And you think the 5.3 is going to the job eh?

I got this bridge you might be interested in....