Disappointed with my 2020

I just can't shake the Ricky Bobby thing.  

My wife drives the fast car and still has a collector car. I happy with my old truck. When I hit 58 and retired my priority’s changed. My first truck without loud exhaust. I get the itch every now and then and head over to my friends exhaust shop. But at almost a year into this one not yet. My first real test is about a year away. When I used to get the new or used vehicle bug. All the people that know me are taking bets. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, the wanderer said:

Oh dear. Just when I thought you understood.

Again, YOU don't understand, you are so upset and not clearly thinking because your pouting like a toddler without his binky (that's a babies pacifier!! just for clarification for you because I know you struggle a bit!! ?).

"WE" as consumers have no control for the most part over what gears, weight of truck, ratios are offered on trucks. My point on this (which you clearly tried taking it out of context and rambling on about the "POOR" disadvantages your Ram Hemi has compared to a similarly equipped GM truck) is that the GM truck with a 5.3L outperforms it. IT"S RIGHT THERE IN THE ARTICLE. I am comparing 2019 trucks also, NOT older trucks! 

You obviously don't read for comprehension or maybe you were too caught up in the moment in your temper tantrum that you just didn't read it??  IDK, either way, FACTS are FACTS and the magazine company compared them. They're right there in front of you!  Grab a cup of coffee, or maybe some milk, and read the articles. They are good reads! 

1 minute ago, TNTSilverado said:

Again, YOU don't understand, you are so upset and not clearly thinking because your pouting like a toddler without his binky (that's a babies pacifier!! just for clarification for you because I know you struggle a bit!! ?).

"WE" as consumers have no control for the most part over what gears, weight of truck, ratios are offered on trucks. My point on this (which you clearly tried taking it out of context and rambling on about the "POOR" disadvantages your Ram Hemi has compared to a similarly equipped GM truck) is that the GM truck with a 5.3L outperforms it. IT"S RIGHT THERE IN THE ARTICLE. I am comparing 2019 trucks also, NOT older trucks! 

You obviously don't read for comprehension or maybe you were too caught up in the moment in your temper tantrum that you just didn't read it??  IDK, either way, FACTS are FACTS and the magazine company compared them. They're right there in front of you!  Grab a cup of coffee, or maybe some milk, and read the articles. They are good reads! 

You were dissing the Hemi as if it had some issue: "And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??" . I called you out on it and told you that it wasn't the Hemi, it was a packaging issue. You then went through a few posts denying it all and then confirming it in the next sentence.

Take a chevy with the 5.3. Now drop in a Hemi leave everything else unchanged. Do you think performance of the truck increases, stays the same, or decreases? Obviously the performance of the truck increases. Because the issue isn't some defect with the Hemi, it's because the Ram weighs more on average (it also has more features on average causing the weight to increase, but we won't go there) and is down 2 gears.

Packaging.

You were dissing the Hemi as if it had some issue: "And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??" . I called you out on it and told you that it wasn't the Hemi, it was a packaging issue. You then went through a few posts denying it all and then confirming it in the next sentence.

Take a chevy with the 5.3. Now drop in a Hemi leave everything else unchanged. Do you think performance of the truck increases, stays the same, or decreases? Obviously the performance of the truck increases. Because the issue isn't some defect with the Hemi, it's because the Ram weighs more on average (it also has more features on average causing the weight to increase, but we won't go there) and is down 2 gears.

Packaging.

Again, we are offered what we are offered, Keep defending all you want. At the end of the day, the GM truck outperforms it! PERIOD!! I showed you facts, you are rambling and throwing out "what ifs" and "but, but, but" with no concrete facts. 

BTW...the Hemi isn't truly a Hemi, so I think it's comical they still call it that! 

Here it is:

"The current-production "Hemi" V8 with its pinched chamber, does not have true hemispherical combustion chambers despite the name; rather, it bears a closer resemblance to the mid-1950s Polyspherical chamber, which Chrysler engineers developed as a lower-cost alternative head for their V8 engines!

Now what you gonna ramble and try to say for this??  

Hey, move on with your day man. Stop the what if's. Look at what's offered and that's the facts.

4 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Again, we are offered what we are offered, Keep defending all you want. At the end of the day, the GM truck outperforms it! PERIOD!! I showed you facts, you are rambling and throwing out "what ifs" and "but, but, but" with no concrete facts. 

BTW...the Hemi isn't truly a Hemi, so I think it's comical they still call it that! 

Here it is:

"The current-production "Hemi" V8 with its pinched chamber, does not have true hemispherical combustion chambers despite the name; rather, it bears a closer resemblance to the mid-1950s Polyspherical chamber, which Chrysler engineers developed as a lower-cost alternative head for their V8 engines!

Now what you gonna ramble and try to say for this??  

Hey, move on with your day man. Stop the what if's. Look at what's offered and that's the facts.

Lets see. You diss the Hemi, I prove you wrong, and you come out with why the Hemi is poorly named.

Well flower, you got me there, but as a great man once said: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

Edited by the wanderer

5 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

Lets see. You diss the Hemi, I prove you wrong, and you come out with why the Hemi is poorly named.

Well flower, you got me there, but as a great man once sad: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

Let's see, you ramble on and on, show no facts,  try to justify why the Ram has disadvantages, like it's some other manufacturers fault. And I threw in another fact that it really shouldn't be called a Hemi?? I'd say you are a VERY SORE LOSER 

Edited by TNTSilverado

17 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

My wife drives the fast car and still has a collector car. I happy with my old truck. When I hit 58 and retired my priority’s changed. My first truck without loud exhaust. I get the itch every now and then and head over to my friends exhaust shop. But at almost a year into this one not yet. My first real test is about a year away. When I used to get the new or used vehicle bug. All the people that know me are taking bets. We’ll see.

I haven't messed with an exhaust on any of my vehicles since my '94 lt1 Caprice Classic that I felt had restrictive manifolds and mufflers and it ended up with headers and flowmasters--no, it didn't sound like a Mustang.  My 07 TBSS ran 13.08 with an intake (for sound) and tune only.  Stock exhaust.  As much as I love the sound of a growling V8, it's very rewarding to me to beat a loud car with a quit car.  

Let's see, you ramble on and on, show no facts,  try to justify why the Ram has disadvantages, like it's some other manufacturers fault. And I threw in another fact that it really shouldn't be called a Hemi?? I'd say you are a VERY SOAR LOSER 

I'm definitely SOARing right now. My sides hurt from laughing.

I'm definitely SOARing right now. My sides hurt from laughing.

Lol.  I fixed my error. It’s all good. I’d be laughing at yourself too for the ignorant “what if’s” and “buts” you have been rambling on and on about.  The point is. I have posted facts and it cut you deeply.......?

Lol.  I fixed my error. It’s all good. I’d be laughing at yourself too for the ignorant “what if’s” and “buts” you have been rambling on and on about.  The point is. I have posted facts and it cut you deeply.......?

Oh lovely, you fixed your error did ya? Glad you understand the Hemi is a beast!

Oh lovely, you fixed your error did ya? Glad you understand the Hemi is a beast!

That so called “beast” still can’t beat a 5.3L.......lol. Some beast ? 

ignorance at its finest folks.   

I haven't messed with an exhaust on any of my vehicles since my '94 lt1 Caprice Classic that I felt had restrictive manifolds and mufflers and it ended up with headers and flowmasters--no, it didn't sound like a Mustang.  My 07 TBSS ran 13.08 with an intake (for sound) and tune only.  Stock exhaust.  As much as I love the sound of a growling V8, it's very rewarding to me to beat a loud car with a quit car.  

Wow, my 94 impala ss had flo masters, actually the wife’s car. Had it 8 years mostly a garage queen. My wife drove a 94 Z-28 daily back then. The impala got sold and replaced with an 01 Acura intagra type R. Still have it. My 06 trailblazer ss I removed the resonator. It drone so bad back on it went. I had a lot of factory hot rods from the 60s on. Believe it or not the trailblazer I miss the most. My wife didn’t like it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Wow, my 94 impala ss had flo masters, actually the wife’s car. Had it 8 years mostly a garage queen. My wife drove a 94 Z-28 daily back then. The impala got sold and replaced with an 01 Acura intagra type R. Still have it. My 06 trailblazer ss I removed the resonator. It drone so bad back on it went. I had a lot of factory hot rods from the 60s on. Believe it or not the trailblazer I miss the most. My wife didn’t like it.

I too miss my 06 trailblazer SS. Hands down best handling vehicle I ever owned. That thing could corner so well for a big SUV. I have been looking like crazy on cars.com for an unmolested one for my son and me to mod up.  

• Like 1