Disappointed with my 2020

1 hour ago, the wanderer said:

Ah. So you didn't fix your error then. You're going to make yourself dizzy soon.

You probably should put a note in your signature that you are a special needs individual so people know who they are dealing with.

Just as a suggestion, it might be time to move on. Everyone else knows what TNTSilverado is talking about.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Garys007 said:

You probably should put a note in your signature that you are a special needs individual so people know who they are dealing with.

Just as a suggestion, it might be time to move on. Everyone else knows what TNTSilverado is talking about.

Thanks Gary, for that pearl of wisdom.

If you want somebody to move on, might I suggest stop responding to him? Try that. Or just move on yourself, I'm having a little too much fun at the moment.

9 hours ago, Kennewbike said:

3.  When my trailer is hooked up and I am making a left or right turn, an entire view of the side of my truck comes up on my screen for safety. This ONLY happens with a trailer hooked up and really should be an option even when the trailer is not.  My father has a lower model Honda Civic and even his car offers this. This would be a huge safety advantage for us and if it can be accessed with a trailer on, certainly it would be easy for GM to make this an option all the time.

Honda actually got rid of that feature.  My wife 's 2017 Accord had it on the passengers side, and now has a 2020 Pilot and they replaced it with the blind spot monitoring like all other vehicles.  And I agree, I prefer the Camera.  

lol, not exactly sure how this post turned into a "performance comparison" thread, and I agree that all manufacturers have their issues. I'm just VERY surprised that in 2020 GM still makes people plug their phones in with a wire in order to get text messages. Nobody even knows why they offered in in 2019 but then went away from it. 

I didn't buy my truck to race Rams. I've had many Rams and many Fords, and I buy my trucks to be trucks. I have cars for performance if I need that.  Like my original post stated, I LOVE my Chevy, I just think they need to update these more and step up to where Dodge and Ford are.  My 2016 Ram seems more technologically advanced then my 2020 High Country. 

I guess we all buy our trucks for different reasons. I bought mine because I need a truck and I am in and out of it all day long for work and certainly can't have it plugged in all the time to get or receive text messaging, so I have to pull over all the time or I lose work.  Seems very "old school" to me, especially for such a high priced truck is all.

7 hours ago, the wanderer said:

You were dissing the Hemi as if it had some issue: "And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??" . I called you out on it and told you that it wasn't the Hemi, it was a packaging issue. You then went through a few posts denying it all and then confirming it in the next sentence.

Take a chevy with the 5.3. Now drop in a Hemi leave everything else unchanged. Do you think performance of the truck increases, stays the same, or decreases? Obviously the performance of the truck increases. Because the issue isn't some defect with the Hemi, it's because the Ram weighs more on average (it also has more features on average causing the weight to increase, but we won't go there) and is down 2 gears.

Packaging.

If.If.If..... If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his @ss when he jumps either. You can cry weight (even thought the Chevys and GM weigh as much or more) and gears and all you want, it doesn't change anything. "drop a Hemi in that chevy" blah blah blah. The trucks come from the factory as they come. If a 5.3l 10spd beats a 5.7 ram, then there's no making excuses, it is what it is. Chevy has the better package.

Edited by polarys425
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

Those Rams are no joke unfortunately.  I've ran across two new/newer '19 or newer Hemi crew cab trucks and they are quick.  One with my '18 6.2 I could barely get around.  I also came across a newer Raptor in my 18 and could barely get around it.  They weren't dig races, but once moving type of things.  I didn't have momentum or the advantage in either event.   I ran across a new Ram Crew in my '21 6.2 truck, he was ahead of me, got on it and I couldn't gain on him.  

Running 93 in your 6.2?

rear gear in some of the rams make a difference too. The Rebel has a 3.92 rear, so it depends how the trans gear ratios stack up against the 10spd.

5 minutes ago, polarys425 said:

Running 93 in your 6.2?

rear gear in some of the rams make a difference too. The Rebel has a 3.92 rear, so it depends how the trans gear ratios stack up against the 10spd.

Yes, 93 since day one.  My truck has ran 13.61 at the track. 

Now I get it, a quicker quarter mile E.T. makes the phone receive texts without a USB cord attached....

1. Radio cannot receive or respond to text messages (it would on my 2019 but none after). We are in 2020 and hand's free operation is a MUST now because of all the new laws for distracted driving. I am in and out of my truck a lot for work and CAN NOT have my phone tethered to the truck with a wire. Ford and Dodge have full texting available on their trucks.

Edited by JimCost2014

10 hours ago, polarys425 said:

If.If.If..... If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his @ss when he jumps either. You can cry weight (even thought the Chevys and GM weigh as much or more) and gears and all you want, it doesn't change anything. "drop a Hemi in that chevy" blah blah blah. The trucks come from the factory as they come. If a 5.3l 10spd beats a 5.7 ram, then there's no making excuses, it is what it is. Chevy has the better package.

TNT was blurring the lines between engine vs engine, and truck vs truck. Claiming that the Ram guys were stupid for liking the Hemi. My response was that the Hemi performs in real life, just like it should based on the HP/Torque numbers and displacement. In other words, it performs in between the 5.3 and the 6.2 of the Chevy.

How do we know this? By comparing all 3 engines in similarly equipped trucks. If you put all 3 engines in trucks with the same weight, gear ratio (3.21 ram vs 3.23 chevy is close enough) and gear count, the Hemi would come in second place. YouTube videos and comments on forums bear this out.

In some cases, a truck with a 5.3 can outperform a truck with the Hemi. But that's not the fault of the Hemi being a poor engine (like TNT implied at first, and later spelled out in black and white when I called him on it). It's the fault of packaging, the Ram is a heavier truck and is down 2 gears.

You will note (if you stopped to read properly, which you didn't) that he also qualified it being a 2019 with the 10 speed. See? Even he is not stupid enough to think the 5.3 with 8 speed can outperform the Hemi with an 8 speed. He needs the 10 speed. Why? PACKAGING.

You will also note that I posted a video of the Ram/Hemi hanging with a 6.2 8 speed. It did come in second, but look how close it was. Another poster mentioned a Ram/Hemi smoking his Chevy 6.2. Note TNT's response: yeah well the 8 speed shifts slow. Well glory be. I guess packaging matters after all, eh?

So getting back to his original, uh, "argument": the Hemi is a great performing engine. The Ram guys love it, and for good reason.

I don't blame you guys for being thicker than Trump (I'm on a truck forum after all, logic and reason comes in second to brand bias and being a fan girl). Some people just don't see the light when it's staring them in the face.

Edited by the wanderer

12 hours ago, Kennewbike said:

lol, not exactly sure how this post turned into a "performance comparison" thread, and I agree that all manufacturers have their issues. I'm just VERY surprised that in 2020 GM still makes people plug their phones in with a wire in order to get text messages. Nobody even knows why they offered in in 2019 but then went away from it. 

I didn't buy my truck to race Rams. I've had many Rams and many Fords, and I buy my trucks to be trucks. I have cars for performance if I need that.  Like my original post stated, I LOVE my Chevy, I just think they need to update these more and step up to where Dodge and Ford are.  My 2016 Ram seems more technologically advanced then my 2020 High Country. 

I guess we all buy our trucks for different reasons. I bought mine because I need a truck and I am in and out of it all day long for work and certainly can't have it plugged in all the time to get or receive text messaging, so I have to pull over all the time or I lose work.  Seems very "old school" to me, especially for such a high priced truck is all.

FWIW, my 2020 Lexus RX350 FSport with every bell and whistle also requires me to plugin my phone to access CarPlay. And not only that, but it's one specific USB port in the center console under the armrest. At least my 2020 TrailBoss can access CarPlay from any USB port...at least I think it does... I personally think it's an Apple thing changing specs and all that, but I have no way of knowing.

11 hours ago, polarys425 said:

Running 93 in your 6.2?

I just read this thread again and realized you're the same guy that responded to me.

Absolutely hilarious. Congrats man, you just confirmed what you tried so hard to deny in your post to me; packaging (rear end) matters.

Well I see the "wanderer" is still out wandering around coming up with excuses and totally missing the point of what I was saying!  Go Figure

Here is what I meant in plain dumb english for him because he has more excuses than anyone trying to debate than I've ever seen:

1. "Most" of the Ram guys I know think there so called "hemi" (which isn't a hemi) is the baddest around. They think the 5.3L is weak, because they have a 40 HP advantage, along with 20 LB TQ also. 

2. We as consumers do not have many choices when it comes down to what the manufacturers give us. The weight, gears in transmission, and rear end gear ratio are set by them. IF YOU DON"T LIKE THAT, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM. It's not GM's fault that they offer a new 10 spd and decided to cut weight on their trucks. Stop making excuses.

3. I never once said the Ram "hemi" s@cked! I said I like the engine, I just stated that those Ram guys talk how good their Hemi's are?? Which goes back to point topic #1. The fact that a truck with a disadvantage of 40HP 20TQ outperforms a more powerful truck is what I was getting at. Those are the FACTS and it's in the articles I posted! 

4. This totally lost individual "wanderer" is missing the point all together. The truck that ANYONE OF US can buy off the lots RIGHT NOW. THE 5.3L OUTPERFORMS the 5.7L so called Hemi trucks! Not the truck that is found "wandering around" in the "wanderer's" mind!

Now move on with your day, or keep wandering around, that's your choice little fella!  Hopefully you understand now, can stop making excuses, "what if's", and "but, buts"!

To everyone else, this was never a d!ck measuring contest for me, it was a simple point that I proved with the 2 articles I posted! 

• Like 2