Disappointed with my 2020

Those Rams are no joke unfortunately.  I've ran across two new/newer '19 or newer Hemi crew cab trucks and they are quick.  One with my '18 6.2 I could barely get around.  I also came across a newer Raptor in my 18 and could barely get around it.  They weren't dig races, but once moving type of things.  I didn't have momentum or the advantage in either event.   I ran across a new Ram Crew in my '21 6.2 truck, he was ahead of me, got on it and I couldn't gain on him.  

• Like 1

"Dude"??

I'm just giving you facts. It's a truck comparison of what is offered by both manufacturers.  I'm not bashing the Hemi, I'm just giving you facts that the new 5.3L with a 40HP DISADVANTAGE can run with the Hemi. It's not GM's, Ford's, or any other manufacturers problem that Ram decided not to give its truck a diet. You can ramble on all you want that it's not apples to apples, but it really is, because that is what is offered. 

BTW.. my buddy owns a new Ram and my 6.2L walks all over it and even he is surprised...it is what it is. Here is his truck, he owns his own tinting business, if you think I might be bashing without facts!  

Have a great day, Sir!

IMG-3069.JPEG

2 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Those Rams are no joke unfortunately.  I've ran across two new/newer '19 or newer Hemi crew cab trucks and they are quick.  One with my '18 6.2 I could barely get around.  I also came across a newer Raptor in my 18 and could barely get around it.  They weren't dig races, but once moving type of things.  I didn't have momentum or the advantage in either event.   I ran across a new Ram Crew in my '21 6.2 truck, he was ahead of me, got on it and I couldn't gain on him.  

Yes, a 2014-2018 Gm truck with a 6.2L had troubles with the 5.7L Hemi because of the lazy transmission shifting in those trucks. My 2018 against my buddies in the picture had troubles. I only beat it by a half a truck. These new 10 spds and in sport mode is a whole different story. He is currently looking at a Laramie edition. He really likes it, and good for him, just stating what I have done against it, and what magazine companies have compared in reviews 

If you want a fast truck gearing and options make a difference. There’s other models that offer Big V8s in two doors. I usually bought with performance as first priority. Once retired I lost the Ricky Bobby addiction. And went back to my favorite model years. And electronics was way down the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TNTSilverado said:

Yes, a 2014-2018 Gm truck with a 6.2L had troubles with the 5.7L Hemi because of the lazy transmission shifting in those trucks. My 2018 against my buddies in the picture had troubles. I only beat it by a half a truck. These new 10 spds and in sport mode is a whole different story. He is currently looking at a Laramie edition. He really likes it, and good for him, just stating what I have done against it, and what magazine companies have compared in reviews 

I'm not praising or bashing either of them.  But I wasn't happy when my new truck couldn't gain on a Ram from about 40 to 110.  I wasn't in sport mode, but didn't think I'd need to be.  And since my truck ran 13.61 in the 1/4 it's no factory slug.  

4 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

If you want a fast truck gearing and options make a difference. There’s other models that offer Big V8s in two doors. I usually bought with performance as first priority. Once retired I lost the Ricky Bobby addiction. And went back to my favorite model years. And electronics was way down the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't shake the Ricky Bobby thing.  

38 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

"Dude"??

I'm just giving you facts. It's a truck comparison of what is offered by both manufacturers.  I'm not bashing the Hemi, I'm just giving you facts that the new 5.3L with a 40HP DISADVANTAGE can run with the Hemi. It's not GM's, Ford's, or any other manufacturers problem that Ram decided not to give its truck a diet. You can ramble on all you want that it's not apples to apples, but it really is, because that is what is offered. 

BTW.. my buddy owns a new Ram and my 6.2L walks all over it and even he is surprised...it is what it is. Here is his truck, he owns his own tinting business, if you think I might be bashing without facts!  

Have a great day, Sir!

Again, you're comparing "Ram" vs "Chevy" here. Your original comment was about the Hemi, let me requote:

"And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??"

Yes. The Hemi is good. The Ram it is packaged in has more weight, and less gears vs the Chevy 5.3 with the 10 speed. So if it is a close match, it's not the hemi that is the issue. Can not you follow this very simple and logical reasoning?

Heck you even mentioned later on the 6.2 was slower with the 8 speed due to "lazy transmission". You can't have it both ways.

The hemi is a great motor. If the Ram is slower, it's due other factors, not the Hemi being some sort of underperforming engine.

Bottom line, the Ram guys talk about how good the Hemi is, because it is good. It hangs with the 6.2 when you compare similar weight-and-transmission trucks. And it buries the 5.3 when comparing similar weight-and-transmission trucks. It's all over youtube, just google it.

Edited by the wanderer

5 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

Again, you're comparing "Ram" vs "Chevy" here. Your original comment was about the Hemi, let me requote:

"And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??"

Yes. The Hemi is good. The Ram it is packaged in has more weight, and less gears vs the Chevy 5.3 with the 10 speed. So if it is a close match, it's not the hemi that is the issue. Can not you follow this very simple and logical reasoning?

Heck you even mentioned later on the 6.2 was slower with the 8 speed due to "lazy transmission". You can't have it both ways.

The hemi is a great motor. If the Ram is slower, it's due other factors, not the Hemi being some sort of underperforming engine.

Bottom line, the Ram guys talk about how good the Hemi is, because it is good. It hangs with the 6.2 when you compare similar weight-and-transmission trucks. And it buries the 5.3 when comparing similar weight-and-transmission trucks. It's all over youtube, just google it.

I was talking about the older 2014-2018 models. The new 2019+ models compared to a new Ram and its not a comparison, read the articles, SIR! 

I never mentioned it was slower, My 2018 beat my buddies 2019 ram in the picture, I stated this, but it didn't do it very easily, but my 2019 walked all over it!  I also mentioned my 2018 struggled because of the transmission...keeping up yet?

My whole point to the conversation is that the new 2019+ 5.3l with the 10 spd tranny outperforms the Hemi Ram and it does. If you wanna complain to ram about weight, gear ratio, and the amount transmission gears...go right ahead. The facts remain clear in the article. 

Just now, TNTSilverado said:

I was talking about the older 2014-2018 models. The new 2019+ models compared to a new Ram and its not a comparison, read the articles, SIR! 

I never mentioned it was slower, My 2018 beat my buddies 2019 ram in the picture, I stated this, but it didn't do it very easily, but my 2019 walked all over it!  I also mentioned my 2018 struggled because of the transmission...keeping up yet?

My whole point to the conversation is that the new 2019+ 5.3l with the 10 spd tranny outperforms the Hemi Ram and it does. If you wanna complain to ram about weight, gear ratio, and the amount transmission gears...go right ahead. The facts remain clear in the article. 

Well dude, my point to the conversation is that the Ram guys like the Hemi because it is a very capable performer. You questioned that, I responded to that. Your entire "slant" or "bias" in your argument, subtle as it is, is that the 5.3 is a good performer and the 5.7 is a poor performer when compared to it. That's the vibe you're giving off, with the whole "And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??" statement you posted.

Just now, the wanderer said:

Well dude, my point to the conversation is that the Ram guys like the Hemi because it is a very capable performer. You questioned that, I responded to that. Your entire "slant" or "bias" in your argument, subtle as it is, is that the 5.3 is a good performer and the 5.7 is a poor performer when compared to it. That's the vibe you're giving off, with the whole "And Ram guys talk how good their Hemi’s are??" statement you posted.

I'm sorry you took it that way. I was just stating facts and that with a 40 HP disadvantage the new 5.3L outperforms a more powerful Hemi. Sorry I hurt your feelers with the facts I gave.

Both engines are very good. I like both. i just like GM engines more. Always had great luck with them.  Take care

13 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I'm sorry you took it that way. I was just stating facts and that with a 40 HP disadvantage the new 5.3L outperforms a more powerful Hemi. Sorry I hurt your feelers with the facts I gave.

Both engines are very good. I like both. i just like GM engines more. Always had great luck with them.  Take care

The 5.3L doesn't outperform a more powerful Hemi. That's a logical contradiction (think very slowly about what you just said; it can't be more powerful and then be outperformed by less powerful). What you're really comparing, is packaging. One truck with a less powerful motor can very well outperform a second truck with a more powerful motor. But it's not BECAUSE of the motors. It's because of the rest of the package. Gear count. Weight.

You're posts are hilariously contradictory and it's obvious logic isn't your strong point. You can't right "I'm sorry you took it that way" and then in the next freaking sentence, just reiterate in even more black and white phrasing what I just accused you of. My man.

22 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

The 5.3L doesn't outperform a more powerful Hemi. That's a logical contradiction (think very slowly about what you just said; it can't be more powerful and then be outperformed by less powerful). What you're really comparing, is packaging. One truck with a less powerful motor can very well outperform a second truck with a more powerful motor. But it's not BECAUSE of the motors. It's because of the rest of the package. Gear count. Weight.

You're posts are hilariously contradictory and it's obvious logic isn't your strong point. You can't right "I'm sorry you took it that way" and then in the next freaking sentence, just reiterate in even more black and white phrasing what I just accused you of. My man.

Man I struck a NERVE!!!  Let me put it this way for you because you obviously have your panties in a bunch!

The 5.3L with the 10 Spd transmision in the GM TRUCK outperforms a Ram Hemi 5.7L with a 8 spd transmission. Does that clarify things??

Let it go man, when comparing trucks with these 2 engines, the 5.3L outperforms the 5.7L ......is that better. That's why a gave you FACTUAL information in the 2 articles! Be mad at Ram for not giving you more gears and less weight!!  Can you now move on with your day??  WOW!???

1 minute ago, TNTSilverado said:

Man I struck a NERVE!!!  Let me put it this way for you because you obviously have your panties in a bunch!

The 5.3L with the 10 Spd transmision in the GM TRUCK outperforms a Ram Hemi 5.7L with a 8 spd transmission. Does that clarify things??

Let it go man, when comparing trucks with these 2 engines, the 5.3L outperforms the 5.7L ......is that better. That's why a gave you FACTUAL information in the 2 articles! Be mad at Ram for not giving you more gears and less weight!!  Can you now move on with your day??  WOW!???

More concerning is that it took 10 posts for you to admit I'm right. Oh well, the main thing is you got there eventually.

1 minute ago, the wanderer said:

More concerning is that it took 10 posts for you to admit I'm right. Oh well, the main thing is you got there eventually.

oh ok, you think what you want there Tiger!!! 

Facts point to say that I am right....if you can read an article, my point is proven!!