Disappointed with my 2020

I give. If anyone wants to line up their Ram “Big Horny” or “Long-horny” editions I’m open to a friendly drag race any time. I’m sure there’s some 5.3 owners who would also like their odds too based on what’s been posted from both sides of the argument. ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I give. If anyone wants to line up their Ram “Big Horny” or “Long-horny” editions I’m open to a friendly drag race any time. I’m sure there’s some 5.3 owners who would also like their odds too based on what’s been posted from both sides of the argument. ?

You actually point out the one thing I hate most about my truck, the stupid cattle theme. I've had this strong itch to chisel off the Ram emblem from my steering wheel but I suspect that will just leave an indent and make things worse.

As to the race, my truck lives under 2000 RPM's, literally. If it goes past that, I'm having a rough month or towing my trailer.

I posted earlier and of course the site didn’t post what I put

Ill be man enough and state on any given Day the 5.3L and 5.7L are very close and one could beat the other. 

I’m coming from a viewpoint where ram guys think their so called Hemi’s are so much better than a 5.3L because of the HP/TQ advantage it has. You have to give props to the 5.3L and GM for engineering it for this disadvantage.  Now do I think they can up the HP.  Absolutely but then it wouldn’t get its gas mileage. My stepdads new Sierra with 10 spd and 5.3 gets 23 mpgs all day long. My buddies ram barley cracks 19. That’s a huge difference. Especially when performance is a toss up 

The 6.2L on the other hand is not even close. I’ve raced them side by side. 19 to a 19. I even posited pics of it and my trucked walked all over my buddies. And if you think he can’t race. His other vehicles are a 780 hp zl1, a 650hp supercharged  LS3 avalanche, and a 550hp Range Rover.  The man knows how to drive and has FAST vehicles. 

finally it was a great debate. no blood was shed and all of you, including the wanderer, take care and stay safe. 

Edited by TNTSilverado
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, the wanderer said:

I just read this thread again and realized you're the same guy that responded to me.

Absolutely hilarious. Congrats man, you just confirmed what you tried so hard to deny in your post to me; packaging (rear end) matters.

No where in my post to you is any denial about package matters. I even stated Chevy has a better package. My post to you was about you making excuses for weight, gears, wind direction, moon phase, planetary alignment, solar flares, earthquakes, hurricanes, and your underwear being too tight.

Point is, when you pull up to a stoplight, or tree at the track, you don't get spotted distance because you weigh more, or have two less gears, or .4 liters less motor. You get to "run what ya brung".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

I posted earlier and of course the site didn’t post what I put

Ill be man enough and state on any given Day the 5.3L and 5.7L are very close and one could beat the other. 

I’m coming from a viewpoint where ram guys think their so called Hemi’s are so much better than a 5.3L because of the HP/TQ advantage it has. You have to give props to the 5.3L and GM for engineering it for this disadvantage.  Now do I think they can up the HP.  Absolutely but then it wouldn’t get its gas mileage. My stepdads new Sierra with 10 spd and 5.3 gets 23 mpgs all day long. My buddies ram barley cracks 19. That’s a huge difference. Especially when performance is a toss up 

The 6.2L on the other hand is not even close. I’ve raced them side by side. 19 to a 19. I even posited pics of it and my trucked walked all over my buddies. And if you think he can’t race. His other vehicles are a 780 hp zl1, a 650hp supercharged  LS3 avalanche, and a 550hp Range Rover.  The man knows how to drive and has FAST vehicles. 

finally it was a great debate. no blood was shed and all of you, including the wanderer, take care and stay safe. 

You're going to love my next screenshot where I got 9.4 lL/100 km ( equals 25 MPG, see red square) on a 3 hour road trip, MDS (4 cylinder mode) disabled. Oops. Guess the Hemi does pretty good in that dept too eh?

This dude is over and out, been here long enough and need to wash all this sh|t off my shoes. Enjoy your sleepy 5.3.

616129068_9.4l_100km.thumb.jpg.4e558ec95952765c4e2bfa0c9d077539.jpg

Edited by the wanderer

2 hours ago, polarys425 said:

No where in my post to you is any denial about package matters. I even stated Chevy has a better package. My post to you was about you making excuses for weight, gears, wind direction, moon phase, planetary alignment, solar flares, earthquakes, hurricanes, and your underwear being too tight.

Point is, when you pull up to a stoplight, or tree at the track, you don't get spotted distance because you weigh more, or have two less gears, or .4 liters less motor. You get to "run what ya brung".

Hello? The contradicting logic is strong in this one.

What do you think package means? "weight and gears" are part of it you goof. You just said I'm trying to make excuses for weight and gears, it's not an excuse, it's literally THE REASON why the 5.3 with a 10 speed might seem like a strong engine when compared to a hemi with an 8 speed and pulling more weight.

You numb nuts are blurring the lines between engine vs engine, and truck/package vs truck/package.

My argument has always been, when comparing apples to apples, similar weight + gear count etc, the hemi will smoke the 5.3. Which it will. All the magazine comparisons prove this, as well as user reports on various forums (unlike you fan girls, I am member of a ton of truck forums and like most trucks regardless of brand).

NO DOUBT: You can build a stripped 5.3 work truck with no features and a 10 speed and put it up to a loaded limited with an 8 speed, heavy panoramic sunroof + ram boxes + air suspension etc and wonder why the race is tight. That don't mean the hemi is weak, it means you are comparing apples to oranges while drinking koolaid. PACKAGE MATTERS. Weight matters. Gear count matters. But apples to apples, the Hemi will outwalk the 5.3. every. single. time.

Half wits, the lot of ya.

Over and out!

1 minute ago, the wanderer said:

You're going to love my next screenshot where I got 9.4 lL/100 km ( equals 25 MPG, see red square) on a 3 hour road trip, MDS (4 cylinder mode) disabled. Oops. Guess the Hemi does pretty good in that dept too eh?

This dude is over and out, been here long enough and need to wash all this ****** off my shoes. Enjoy your sleepy 5.3.

616129068_9.4l_100km.thumb.jpg.4e558ec95952765c4e2bfa0c9d077539.jpg

Man you are so childish. And I don’t have sleepy 5.3. 
I have a 6.2 that will embarrass that false claimed Hemi.  
Again. You debate like a 12 year old and  Stay gone,  join the Ram forums where you belong. 

• Like 1

Ok, this was weird. Got home from running a quick errand, turned the truck off, opened the door, and the radio kept going. Shut it, locked it, came back in a few minutes and it’s still playing. Got in, started it again, turned it off again and same thing. I had to go in and turn the system off to get it to stop playing. Anyone else has this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2020 at 5:52 AM, Kennewbike said:

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say one things about these trucks. I get a new one every year and have already had a 2019 RST, a full loaded 2020 RST and now have a 2020 High Country. I cannot get past what I feel is GM's major software flaws and don't think I will be buying another.  Here are the 3 things I feel do not make any sense and could be VERY easy fixes if they wanted to:

1. Radio cannot receive or respond to text messages (it would on my 2019 but none after). We are in 2020 and hand's free operation is a MUST now because of all the new laws for distracted driving. I am in and out of my truck a lot for work and CAN NOT have my phone tethered to the truck with a wire. Ford and Dodge have full texting available on their trucks.

2. When I put the truck into "sport" mode, I have to engage this every single time I am in truck, and it really should just stay in the setting I chose all the time unless I change it back. The same goes for other options like engine shut off at lights as well.

3.  When my trailer is hooked up and I am making a left or right turn, an entire view of the side of my truck comes up on my screen for safety. This ONLY happens with a trailer hooked up and really should be an option even when the trailer is not.  My father has a lower model Honda Civic and even his car offers this. This would be a huge safety advantage for us and if it can be accessed with a trailer on, certainly it would be easy for GM to make this an option all the time.

Everything else I enjoy about this truck (other then what I feel is a dated interior and we are only truck that doesn't offer the double sunroof option that is very nice and most would love to have.  I bought these trucks because I LOVE the way they look and I love my 6.2 with 10 speed, but these software issues are really bothering me and its going to make me move to Dodge or Ford for my next one.  Anyone else find these 3 things bothersome?

I find the text functionality poor as well, it is ok sending texts, but nothing is displayed to tell you who you are actually sending it to, their is an audible notification but sometimes it says the full name, sometimes just a first name .. and that can result in problems texting the wrong person .. I haven't manged to figure out how to receive texts just though the infotainment system, if it is possible?  The functionality is fine through Apple Car play but a bit of a pain plugging the phone in all the time just to be able to use phone functions that should work through the infotainment system.

I was actually just thinking the same thing about the side camera view with no trailer, not a big deal but like I bought all these cameras and functionality, a little custom function would be great. 

I'm not as bothered by little design things as much as I am bothered by the problems and time at the dealership.

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

Man you are so childish. ... You debate like a 12 year old

Also TNT:

Man I struck a NERVE!!!  Let me put it this way for you because you obviously have your panties in a bunch!

Can you now move on with your day??  WOW!?? ?

Again, YOU don't understand, you are so upset and not clearly thinking because your pouting like a toddler without his binky (that's a babies pacifier!! just for clarification for you because I know you struggle a bit!! ?).

Grab a cup of coffee, or maybe some milk,

I'd say you are a VERY SORE LOSER  

The point is. I have posted facts and it cut you deeply.......

Stay gone,  join the Ram forums where you belong.

Mother of mercy....

6 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

Also TNT:

Mother of mercy....

See even you have read and comprehended from my posts like others have, that you are childish!!   Thank you so much for hi-lighting this for us. Proves my point. Man you just can’t let it go!?

Awesome Truck all the way around, if only it didn't want to be at the dealer so much ... 

My 2020 AT4 Carbon Pro - pulled the truck into the driveway on Saturday lunch time, shut it off and left home, returned home the next day 26 hours later and key fob wouldn't do anything at all, got the other fob, same issue, opened the locked door with the actual key and found everything inside was completely dead. Opened the hood and put a battery charger on it, but the charger wouldn't charge, it was just pulsing into overload for a short time then shut down. Called a tow truck, he tried a booster pack, truck had power on some things but would not turn over. 

Strange thing, my son reported that late afternoon Saturday he noticed some lights on the front of the truck flickering on and off, then just stopped before he could video it. With the charger and booster pack attached, the lights were flickering on and off intermittently as well?? Not sure what the truck is trying to tell me but something was on and loading the battery down after the truck was shut off. 

No issues with the truck battery or starting although related or not, when the remote started was used, after i entered the truck, applied my foot ot the brake and pressed the button so I could start driving, the infotainment system did not start up, the center dash remained black powered down, no nav, no music nothing, it would only start working if I stopped, shut the truck off and restarted again with the push button, then everything worked just as it should. There was nothing else out of the ordinary until Sunday when the truck was completely dead. 

Tuesday evening, word from the dealer, "we charged up the battery, seems to be holding a charge fine, truck works as it should, come pick it up we can't find anything" ........................we all know where this leads, when and where is my 6 month old $86K truck going to leave me stranded next   and am I going to wait fora tow truck for 4 hours again next time on the side of the road? 

Any similar stories with an actual root cause resolve? 

Previous to this at 1 month old this truck was in for two visits to resolve an engine light that had a code telling me my lithium battery for my hybrid drive had an issue  … this ended up resulting in a couple sleep over nights for my truck at the dealer and new invertor / power supply component that is under the dash … and no, the truck is not a hybrid so that did make the code seem a little unsettling from the programming / software point of view. This repair did make the problem go away until the new issue this weekend.

Edited by Woodstock _guy