Disappointed with my 2020

1 hour ago, Woodstock _guy said:

Awesome Truck all the way around, if only it didn't want to be at the dealer so much ... 

My 2020 AT4 Carbon Pro - pulled the truck into the driveway on Saturday lunch time, shut it off and left home, returned home the next day 26 hours later and key fob wouldn't do anything at all, got the other fob, same issue, opened the locked door with the actual key and found everything inside was completely dead. Opened the hood and put a battery charger on it, but the charger wouldn't charge, it was just pulsing into overload for a short time then shut down. Called a tow truck, he tried a booster pack, truck had power on some things but would not turn over. 

Strange thing, my son reported that late afternoon Saturday he noticed some lights on the front of the truck flickering on and off, then just stopped before he could video it. With the charger and booster pack attached, the lights were flickering on and off intermittently as well?? Not sure what the truck is trying to tell me but something was on and loading the battery down after the truck was shut off. 

No issues with the truck battery or starting although related or not, when the remote started was used, after i entered the truck, applied my foot ot the brake and pressed the button so I could start driving, the infotainment system did not start up, the center dash remained black powered down, no nav, no music nothing, it would only start working if I stopped, shut the truck off and restarted again with the push button, then everything worked just as it should. There was nothing else out of the ordinary until Sunday when the truck was completely dead. 

Tuesday evening, word from the dealer, "we charged up the battery, seems to be holding a charge fine, truck works as it should, come pick it up we can't find anything" ........................we all know where this leads, when and where is my 6 month old $86K truck going to leave me stranded next   and am I going to wait fora tow truck for 4 hours again next time on the side of the road? 

Any similar stories with an actual root cause resolve? 

Previous to this at 1 month old this truck was in for two visits to resolve an engine light that had a code telling me my lithium battery for my hybrid drive had an issue  … this ended up resulting in a couple sleep over nights for my truck at the dealer and new invertor / power supply component that is under the dash … and no, the truck is not a hybrid so that did make the code seem a little unsettling from the programming / software point of view. This repair did make the problem go away until the new issue this weekend.

Willing to bet your battery is actually bad. I’ve seen a few of reports of premature battery replacement here due to bad cells. You’ll get all kinds of crazy glitches with it.

21 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Willing to bet your battery is actually bad. I’ve seen a few of reports of premature battery replacement here due to bad cells. You’ll get all kinds of crazy glitches with it.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking as well, I wonder where i will be when that decides to die next time ... it will no doubt be the coldest day of the year. 

I'll have an opportunity to discuss with the dealer this week since my Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't work since I picked it up this morning.   :(

Stick this adaptor in your truck and the turn signal cameras will come on without a trailer. You’ll also have the rear split screen view when driving.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C4AYR3U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_orVTFbWFD7M3C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

That is much better, at least the price, not so much for the problems he is already having.

He lives in Toronto so either he has lots of money (average house price is just under 1 million) or he has no money left (because the average house price is 1 million).

86K in Toronto gets you a coffee and a bagel these days, completely nuts.

4 hours ago, RE1 said:

Regarding the “Hemi”.....

Looks like they might have a design problem that chronically underlubricates the cam. Not sure about long term reliability of these. 

They did. Wasn't a design error, it was a supplier issue providing bad lifters (the needle bearings were seizing). That was a bad run for a few years, but was correct I believe somewhere around 2014. Problem affected engines for a few years before that.

Regarding the "underlubricates the cam", that was never an actual issue but just people missundering the lifter issue. "Uncle Tony's Garage" on youtube had a few videos about this, he didn't say it was the cam but that due to the cam placement the oil was no longer getting slung up into the lifter chambers. He then tried to demonstrated this pouring oil over a lifter, "proving" that the oil didn't run down due to the angle; which was kind of silly because the lifters would be force fed oil due to oil presssure. And if there was never any oil getting down there, they would be siezing up within 10 minutes of running. His theory is just incorrect from all angles. Ram has already explained the issue, a bad batch of lifters from their supplier.

The 5.3 has had its issues as well, AFM anyone?

The hemi itself has been out since what, 2003? Lots of high mileage hemis out there. I'm not worried about mine, though I do give it the best oil out there: Redline 5W-30 with lots of moly.

Edited by the wanderer

Mine is a 2020 LTZ and if I have anything I dislike its the alternator needle going to the negative side of the gauge and I know nothing is wrong with it. I have had mine near a year and have 14700 miles and have had it back for 2 recalls. I have driven it through like 1000 car washes to try and see if my back window is going to leak but still not leaking.

1 hour ago, mcgee500 said:

Mine is a 2020 LTZ and if I have anything I dislike its the alternator needle going to the negative side of the gauge and I know nothing is wrong with it. I have had mine near a year and have 14700 miles and have had it back for 2 recalls. I have driven it through like 1000 car washes to try and see if my back window is going to leak but still not leaking.

Slow, steady rain is the trigger. My window leaks again currently. But I can go through the high pressure car wash without a drip. Rainfall? That’ll do it.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Slow, steady rain is the trigger. My window leaks again currently. But I can go through the high pressure car wash without a drip. Rainfall? That’ll do it.

Is that it, I have left it out in 5-or 6 rain storms 2 of them lasted all day and most of the night. My dealer is a very big dealer and they claim they have sold around 1000 2019-2020 trucks and so far only had 7 of them with leaking windows. I know at least 4 guys that have them and none of them leak either. From what I have learned it seem like very few if any trucks built in Ft Wayne leak.