1.5 inch wheel spacers

^ This as my rear fenders already got hammered stock on gravel roads. Plus I don't want to have anything that could potentially cause catastrophic issues when towing/hauling heavy or being used off road, spacers don't have the best track record for reliability. I guess if it doesn't do much truck stuff it is fine. Not to mention I kind of am a fan of my wheel bearings and would rather not put them under any extra strain as replacing them isn't a fun task. To each their own, stuff like this is why I won't buy a used truck. 

Tyler

Im not here to change or challenge anyone knowledge. I just want to share some ideas and pictures. I have used wheel spacers on my Jeeps for over 14 years never had a problem. I have rock crawled, driven 70 mhp thought the desert and bearing, wheel and wheel spaces been fine. Just make sure the spacer are made with T 6061 aluminum.  So far the mad flap been doing a good job of protecting the side of my truck. Here are so pictures of my Jeep with 2.5 inch spacer. 

JK1.jpg

JK2.jpg

Wow tough crowd, personally I like the “look” of them and have had them on all my trucks and knock on wood never had an issue. I’ve had them with 33’s to 40” tires and only have 1 issue which was my fault as I didn’t loctite the lugs. 

what’s more idiotic is guys cutting fender and mudflaps to fit a 35” on a damn leveling kit! Meaning don’t troll and be a dbag, guy was just showing his truck with spacers. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...