Raptor grill lights. 2020 Trail Boss LT

On 12/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Enviroag02 said:

Hey buddy, I’m currently trying to install these lights. Do you mind helping me out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, Enviroag02 said:

How did you mount these? Got the exact same ones but the mounting brackets were practically useless, I did a bandaid fix with zip ties for now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 7:06 PM, Couper Harrison said:

How did you mount these? Got the exact same ones but the mounting brackets were practically useless, I did a bandaid fix with zip ties for now. 

Hey Couper I was wondering how you ended up mounting your lights?

• 5 months later...

Sorry I'm very late to responding to these questions.  The smoke lens from ebay were installed in this manner:

(1)  Remove grill (pretty easy)

(2) Get some correctly gauged wiring in addition to the wire that comes in the kit

(3) Connect an "add a fuse"

(4) Attached the lights into the grill slats from the back of the grille with some vhb tape.

I did a similar install with the same lights but with 4 lights across. Wired it to a fused relay and a wireless remote switch (NC) and programmed to homelink button 2. Turns on with ignition and can toggle off with homelink.

Grille lights.jpg

On 12/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, Enviroag02 said:

Sorry I'm very late to responding to these questions.  The smoke lens from ebay were installed in this manner:

(1)  Remove grill (pretty easy)

(2) Get some correctly gauged wiring in addition to the wire that comes in the kit

(3) Connect an "add a fuse"

(4) Attached the lights into the grill slats from the back of the grille with some vhb tape.

Thanks I ended up installing the lights and did the same with add a fuse. 

E22DCD90-221E-41CF-81A8-B1E98FE8A3B0.jpeg

Looks great!  I think this is definitely the best way to do grille lights on the new Silverado.  Round lights look cheap.  These fit right into the slots of the grill.  When not on, you can't even see them.