Great price on Morimoto XB headlights

x219c

Not sure how much longer this will last... But for some reason theretrofitsource.com allows stacking coupons, and there's two 25% off coupons. A little over $700 out the door.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/chevrolet-silverado-xb-led-heads-B-LF542?quantity=1

Promo Codes:

xb25xmas

xbmadness

Mine just arrived, so I can't comment on quality yet.

Ah, I think this only works for the Silverado lights. It was working as late as last night.

Actually, there’s a few other ones it works for, but I don’t think Sierra is one of them [emoji853] I’m not sure how much longer it will go, since they’ve been advertising as a Christmas promo.

I tried to post sooner, but there was something up with the site when I tried.

31f5bbbbb16841cbc3a5e5c1607f5f3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/27/2020 at 8:35 AM, chrmbly said:

Dammit. My HID morimoto kit is in the fritz after a couple years. Really want those but can’t stomach $1300. Please let us know how they are - I haven’t seen many public reviews.

I have the same kit and have had issues over the years. The biggest (but not only) problem I have had is the relays in the wiring harness. They use cheap foreign relays which tend to go bad quickly. I replaced the cheap relays with Bosch 0332019103. It is a direct replacement and I haven't had issues with relays since.

They do have a 5 year warranty on parts and have replaced 1 ballast computer and both bulbs when 1 bulb went out.

I’m hoping these are more reliable than the normal kits. Since this is the whole assembly, and it feels decent in my hand, maybe it’ll last longer.

I’ve gotten them installed, and the output seems really good. It’s been snowing here, so they won’t be clean, but I’ll edit this post in a couple minutes with a picture.

f2b6a531b67fcc443be1d261cef4845c.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 1:37 AM, x219c said:

Not sure how much longer this will last... But for some reason theretrofitsource.com allows stacking coupons, and there's two 25% off coupons. A little over $700 out the door.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/chevrolet-silverado-xb-led-heads-B-LF542?quantity=1

Promo Codes:

xb25xmas

xbmadness

Mine just arrived, so I can't comment on quality yet.

I'm looking at getting some of these XB headlights also and wondered how one finds these promo codes? I wish I'd seen this weeks ago...

On 12/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, tgg19 said:

I have the same kit and have had issues over the years. The biggest (but not only) problem I have had is the relays in the wiring harness. They use cheap foreign relays which tend to go bad quickly. I replaced the cheap relays with Bosch 0332019103. It is a direct replacement and I haven't had issues with relays since.

They do have a 5 year warranty on parts and have replaced 1 ballast computer and both bulbs when 1 bulb went out.

Just replace the ballast with the 35w hylux and all the problems go away.

the 45w one is different and not sure if it’s as reliable. Does not have built in error cancelers.

I'm looking at getting some of these XB headlights also and wondered how one finds these promo codes? I wish I'd seen this weeks ago...

I was on the retrofit source mailing list. That’s where I found the codes last time. Since I bought mine, I haven’t really been watching, but they often had them for 20% off or something. Not sure as of late.

Just replace the ballast with the 35w hylux and all the problems go away.

the 45w one is different and not sure if it’s as reliable. Does not have built in error cancelers.

You guys must be talking about the HID kits or something. I was talking about the full replacement headlights with 3 led modules. It replaces the whole housing, not just the bulbs.

Mine has led turn signals, no fast blink or errors. If there’s something else I should be looking for, I’m not aware of it.

I think they look pretty good and actually would consider them.
Cost too much though.9058b66bcfa32588e1b98eff1859dc1b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My truck is a lot cleaner since the last picture I posted.

I have a siren red truck with the z71 package. So no chrome on the front. I bought the non chrome version that includes trim that can be painted to match the truck. I didn’t end up doing that. So I have the headlights with black unpainted trim on them on my truck. They look decent, but they’d probably look better if the paint matched. I’ll try to get some shots of the output tonight.

It’s freezing outside and I can’t seem to get away from the snow. I pulled the truck out of the garage to get some photos. Sorry they’re not the best. I won’t be going back out tonight. Does anyone have something specific they’d like to see?

51e136b1949fa995c7a22f6782e13204.jpg54fd9aaa27f308bd23c2783a55cb57a1.jpg6e816465cfc9b2694a91749634239324.jpg3548d0704e21dd48cbf9b2d6024eab19.jpg

2cfb6750b087aa5e070d57599bcd9fc2.jpg

2b7f13b84c7733eda3a6441c08406929.jpg