Great price on Morimoto XB headlights

x219c

I’m headed your direction this weekend. Ramsay area. Not thrilled with the cold snap. But hey, I should be able to break the snowmobile out on Monday!

But, back to the lights. I will say that the quality is mostly very good. It’s not without fault though. I don’t like the adjustment screw position. It’s on the back of the lights instead of the top. No problem for the driver side, but the passenger side is a pain with the air box there. I ended up using a flexible screwdriver.

I’ll also say that the trim on the oem is stuck on like nothing else. This is not quite that. They’re on there decent, but I feel like I could add more 3m tape to make it a little more solid. (Talking about the black trim, it’s removable like on the oem)

The output is decent, and the cutoff is really good. It’s not perfect. I don’t know though, it could be on purpose. There’s a tiny bit of glare that goes upwards a little bit. Maybe it’s to light signs. That’s what I’ve noticed. I don’t really see it otherwise. You can see it on my garage photo, but not really in the trees. I don’t have a picture of the high beams, but those are good as well.

Overall I’m pretty happy with them. I don’t think they’re worth 1400 compared to my stock HIDs, but for 700, sure.

I should also say I tried the morimoto d5s bulbs before this. I had problems. I don’t know if it was my truck or the bulbs, but I never had any luck with them. I had them on the truck for a week, and now they’re back in the box on a shelf in my garage. This is much much better than that. One wouldn’t fire intermittently, and even when it did, I didn’t see a massive difference. Maybe I’m blind, idk.

Anyway, if there anything specific you’d want me to check or try, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snap a pic when you get a chance. Ramsay MI?

I used to ride up there a lot.

Used to stay at Krupp's in Twin Lakes.

They should have plenty of fresh. I'd be heading up to Big Bay and back for a day ride . Eat at The Lumberjack.??

PXL_20210212_144559237.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I’m headed to Ramsay MN this weekend. I live right off of a trail here in central Wisconsin, so when I get home and the cold snap is over I’ll get out here. The trails just opened this week. When I go riding “up north” here, I usually head to the Mountain, WI and Lakewood areas.

But, I’m planning on setting something up with the brother in law over in Minnesota. Maybe Ramsay, MI would be a good place to head. I’m easily convinced by a great restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2/11/2021 at 12:37 PM, truckguy82 said:

I bet they look like crap. No thanks to non oem headlight housings.

You say this, yet the 14-15 Sierras come with the ugliest housings ever with that amber reflector, and performance is subpar on these projectors even with a good HID kit installed. Now the 16-18 looks/performance are a different story, hence why Morimoto used that as a template for their design..

Image result for sierra morimoto xb head lights

5 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

You say this, yet the 14-15 Sierras come with the ugliest housings ever with that amber reflector, and performance is subpar on these projectors even with a good HID kit installed. Now the 16-18 looks/performance are a different story, hence why Morimoto used that as a template for their design..

Image result for sierra morimoto xb head lights

It’s just the non oem part.

It just one of those parts I don’t think I’ve ever seen that didn’t look tacky in person. Non oem taillights too.

also I have a good hid kit installed using d2s mini 4.0’s in my ‘14, and I can assure you the housing is irrelevant to light output if you change the projector itself.

<i started in the world of highly modified hondas. I had a car featured in a magazine. Gauges, dash, carpet, seats, seatbelts, entire truck, all lighting, every single moving part on the motor, all the trans gears, diff, suspension....literally everything was aftermarket.

i now think 99% of cosmetically modified vehicles using aftermarket park looks tacky and try hard, including that black one.

so no need to defend yourself from my comment, I’m just a grumpy ol gear head

On 2/12/2021 at 9:54 PM, truckguy82 said:

It’s just the non oem part.

It just one of those parts I don’t think I’ve ever seen that didn’t look tacky in person. Non oem taillights too.

also I have a good hid kit installed using d2s mini 4.0’s in my ‘14, and I can assure you the housing is irrelevant to light output if you change the projector itself.

<i started in the world of highly modified hondas. I had a car featured in a magazine. Gauges, dash, carpet, seats, seatbelts, entire truck, all lighting, every single moving part on the motor, all the trans gears, diff, suspension....literally everything was aftermarket.

i now think 99% of cosmetically modified vehicles using aftermarket park looks tacky and try hard, including that black one.

so no need to defend yourself from my comment, I’m just a grumpy ol gear head

To each their own I guess. Sorry to hear you were into Honda's though. ? 

1 hour ago, boettcher40 said:

To each their own I guess. Sorry to hear you were into Honda's though. ? 

No problem, while it was incredibly obnoxious, gotta tell you 400whp in a civic is about the most fun I’ve had in a car.

Someday I will suck up my pride and build another, probably tint the windows so nobody sees me lol.

Edited by truckguy82

3 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

No problem, while it was incredibly obnoxious, gotta tell you 400whp in a civic is about the most fun I’ve had in a car.

I was a die hard Euro fan before getting back into trucks. Having 350+ to the wheels on a 4cyl turbo is damn fun so I hear you.. But after driving a C6 Z06, nothing beats that V8 rumble and performance!