Oil pump solenoid necessary to replace?

3 hours ago, Robert Tyler said:

Oil pressure switch filter/screen for 4.3L V6? I can't seem to find one, was there a screen on the V6?

Thumbnail  Dorman Oil Pressure Switch 926-041  Yes there is a screen. 

Look from the passenger side just below the throttle body and to its left for a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbePX5etb7Q_ft0pEWztp6-X8FrTnnVb6eAr5sIDNvBb25V_MSql9gm7z_S-ygwzSR6Z4i4Ki0cw&usqp=CAc

It's under that plug and is screwed into the VLOM. 

Removing the air box first makes it easier to see and get at but not required.

8 hours ago, Robert Tyler said:

I might be using the wrong search. Do you know part number by chance?

Not anymore. Tossed the package. Not an expensive part even at the dealership. Take you VIN and he will have that info. I'm pretty sure the all use the same screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI  anyone needing to replace this filter, GM# 12623757. Here is a link to a diagram, if you need to see where it is (No. 30). https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1276832&ukey_product=10487595

Edited by Robert Tyler
question was answered

• 9 months later...

After doing a complete dod afm delete on my 2016 Silverado 5.3 LT motor  I Periodically get a po6dd code saying oil pressure solinoid stuck close and from what I understand that puts it in low pressure mode, is there a way to get it into high pressure and leave it there?

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

bringing this back from the dead.

just completed a DOD delete AND oil pump replacement.  now getting a po6DA.  was getting a po6DD before this.  that's why I went ahead and did the oil pump replacement.   I don't have a check engine light but my mechanic is getting it on his diagnostics.  runs fine, oil pressure is 20-40 at idle depending on temp, and anywhere from 50-70 during driving and acceleration.  he can see the solenoid is working, he can turn it on and off with his device but sometimes it malfunctions.  

thought it might be a wiring issue but just wondering if anybody has had this before.