On 3/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, bco268 said:

This happened to me on my 2017 too at 34k miles but out of 3 year warranty. I had one injector gone.

Dealership told me to replace all 8 straight away as it would happen again so I did (after reading about it on here it popped up a couple of times if all of them didn’t go). Been running ok now for a few thousand miles. Ended up costing me around $2.2k.

Are you of those emissions States that followed California in emissions regs? If so you might be able to have it done free.

I had the same problem but would not give up as there is no way you should have to change injectors. It took 6 months but finally remedied. I switched to Chevron fuel and used numerous fuel injector cleaners and finally "Gum Out" worked. I don't get anymore codes and everything works fine now. I also had transmission problems as with the engine running rough the transmission kept trying to relearn itself and that has gone away now too. Hopefully this helps someone as GM wanted $2700 to just replace injectors and they couldn't figure out the transmission problem. GM was figuring I needed a new transmission

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, Skeeterhawk said:

Kewl,

Mines still in the shop. They replaced all the lifters now.

Still don't know if it will fix it yet.

They only replaced the left bank lifters since they found a bad lifter on #3. Fixed the problem for a little over 2K miles. Back in the shop and now they say #3 injector is bad. I'm not confident about this at all. No cost out of pocket for me yet.

This is ridiculous for a truck with only 30K miles. Go look in the 2021 forums for these trucks. GM is still fighting these problems even on the new trucks.

Edited by Skeeterhawk