Lowered suspension

So here is my 2020 Elevation I just lowered with 2/4 Maxtrac drop kit. For those of you that have lowered your trucks with a flip kit, how does your truck ride? What shocks did you use? Any vibration issues?

157814660_LoweredGMC_2.thumb.jpg.b808f381c7567e632e58418ec77ef760.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks good. Are you having any issues with your setup? Is the rear a flip kit as well? When I was looking I was only able to find 2" shackle and 5" flip rear drops and I wanted something in between. I settled for 2" shackles and 1" lift in front to level mine out. Now your pic has got me "thinking" again. Did you take measurements before and after?

I had some vibration because my truck did not have the 2 degree shims from the factory. I located some and installed them yesterday and it improved quite a bit, but there is still some vibration at 60mph+. My kit came with 2 transmission spacers with the recommendation to install the thicker of the 2. I am probably going to put the thinner one in and see if that works.

And no, I forgot to measure my truck before I dropped it. But, here is a before pic...

806588185_2020Sierra_1.thumb.jpg.b6dbf472c8c2128fb90ea69b96832a37.jpg

Wow that looks great. I was one of those guys that got an AT4 because of the lack chrome and the features, really didn't care to have the lift. The Elevation was what I wanted looks wise, and this subtle drop really sets it off.

Mine sat like yours stock and after the 2" drop shackles, was just not enough for me but I live with it. You might need to take yours to a driveline shop and have them check the pinion angle or try a 3 or 4* shim instead if the transmission mount doesn't change things for the better.

1 hour ago, eckseleven said:

Wow that looks great. I was one of those guys that got an AT4 because of the lack chrome and the features, really didn't care to have the lift. The Elevation was what I wanted looks wise, and this subtle drop really sets it off.

Thanks! Yeah, I am a fan of the no chrome look too, but the AT4 just wasn't in the budget! I would have loved to have the 6.2 also, but you can't get it in the Elevation package. And honestly the 5.3 has really surprised me!... huge upgrade from my '08 5.3... 

On 1/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, Descartian said:

Looking to do a 4/6 soon on a project truck.  How does yours ride with the flip kit?  Im thinking I might go coilover for a better ride.

My kit came with Maxtrac shocks and I can't say that I'm happy with them. I just ordered Belltech Street Performers because I had really good results with them on my last truck. This is kind of the reason I made this post, I wanted to see what others had experienced with there drops. (Update: I put the Belltechs on the back this weekend and it was a huge improvement! Dont' waste your time or money on the Maxtracs!)

Edited by Jacob Moody

46 minutes ago, Jacob Moody said:

I don't think I have bottomed it out yet, I also haven't put a load on it yet either.

I think I may go with the IHC kit they have that little helper bag in the back.

I'll be towing a 32 foot enclosed car hauler so may need a  heavier duty bag set up but I like the Idea of the lowering control arms.

Trying to avoid cutting my frame LOL

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gwill30 said:

I think I may go with the IHC kit they have that little helper bag in the back.

I'll be towing a 32 foot enclosed car hauler so may need a  heavier duty bag set up but I like the Idea of the lowering control arms.

Trying to avoid cutting my frame LOL

That's why I wanted to go with 4 inch rear drop, so I didn't have to cut the frame. I would also like to add a set of bags, but IHCs are $500 and I'm kind of cheap! LOL! I'm currently trying to find out if Airlift is going to have their Slam Air system available for these trucks. I also haul dirt bikes in the bed, pull a 22ft bay boat and various trailers so I do need tow/haul capability.

16 minutes ago, Jacob Moody said:

That's why I wanted to go with 4 inch rear drop, so I didn't have to cut the frame. I would also like to add a set of bags, but IHCs are $500 and I'm kind of cheap! LOL! I'm currently trying to find out if Airlift is going to have their Slam Air system available for these trucks. I also haul dirt bikes in the bed, pull a 22ft bay boat and various trailers so I do need tow/haul capability.

Same boat. The kit is 1400 with the bags but I was like can I just buy the control arms? LOL.

I was out under the truck just now and I think the flip is the only way to go. I was looking at possible lowering leaf's or lowering shackles with out flipping the axel but then the actual leaf springs would be close to the frame. I think the driveshaft angle may be better  though.