Lowered suspension

On 1/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jacob Moody said:

I had some vibration because my truck did not have the 2 degree shims from the factory. I located some and installed them yesterday and it improved quite a bit, but there is still some vibration at 60mph+. My kit came with 2 transmission spacers with the recommendation to install the thicker of the 2. I am probably going to put the thinner one in and see if that works.

And no, I forgot to measure my truck before I dropped it. But, here is a before pic...

806588185_2020Sierra_1.thumb.jpg.b6dbf472c8c2128fb90ea69b96832a37.jpg

This is what i am afraid of, I want to drop 1-2" but the few people that have vibration issues scare me enough not to do it. 

Both trucks look awesome gentleman. Love the look. This is how my SS Trailblazer looked. Nice and level and menacing looking. 
You have the wheels spinning in my head to do this to my High Country

This is also what GM should over from factory for us guys that dislike “lifted” trucks. Not my cup of tea. I prefer it you guys have it. Great job

A double cab supercharged 5.3 10 spd

A crew cab supercharged 6.2  10 spd

both with paddle shifters 

Id sign on the dotted line!  Anyone else

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacob Moody said:

Maxtrac and Belltech shocks side by side, the Belltech has a larger shock body and the collars fit the mounts better:

Shocks.thumb.jpg.48a8dcfe76fcb233898a8b7a87afcba8.jpg

You just replaced the rears or the fronts too ? How noticeable was the ride improvement ?

41 minutes ago, 808 HI said:

You just replaced the rears or the fronts too ? How noticeable was the ride improvement ?

So far yes, but I went ahead and ordered the front struts too. The stock front end is way too bouncy. The Belltech shocks are much better than the Maxtracs.

Edited by Jacob Moody

On 1/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, TNTSilverado said:

Both trucks look awesome gentleman. Love the look. This is how my SS Trailblazer looked. Nice and level and menacing looking. 
You have the wheels spinning in my head to do this to my High Country

This is also what GM should over from factory for us guys that dislike “lifted” trucks. Not my cup of tea. I prefer it you guys have it. Great job

A double cab supercharged 5.3 10 spd

A crew cab supercharged 6.2  10 spd

both with paddle shifters 

Id sign on the dotted line!  Anyone else

Did those wheels come factory on your truck?

P.S. As a former Typhoon and Syclone owner and current G8 GT owner, I would like another sport truck offering as well :)

Wife has the new blazer RS and now I'm hearing there is a possible Blazer SS coming. My guess V6 turbo but a supercharged 5.3 would be nice.

14 minutes ago, Gwill30 said:

P.S. As a former Typhoon and Syclone owner and current G8 GT owner, I would like another sport truck offering as well :)

Wife has the new blazer RS and now I'm hearing there is a possible Blazer SS coming. My guess V6 turbo but a supercharged 5.3 would be nice.

Yes, those are the factory 20" wheels that come on the Elevation edition.

I've always wanted a Syclone or Typhoon! I settled for putting a 350 in GMC S-15 about 25 yrs ago, that was a fun truck!

You could always do this: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/gmc/2021-gmc-canyon-syclone-by-specialty-vehicle-engineering-ar188745.html

1 hour ago, Gwill30 said:

No, I called a wheel shop in town that trades out and I traded my factory HC 22s for these and $500 cash. He also gave me 3 years of warranty on chrome inserts. 

yes I drove the new blazer RS and it was awesome. I needed a third row so I got the new Acadia with same motor and transmission. And it hauls for a small suv. Wife loves it

I would love for GM to give us another SS sport truck. They need to get back into the game. They have the ZL1 camaro motor that would fit just nicely in the engine bay

1 hour ago, Jacob Moody said:

Yes, those are the factory 20" wheels that come on the Elevation edition.

I've always wanted a Syclone or Typhoon! I settled for putting a 350 in GMC S-15 about 25 yrs ago, that was a fun truck!

You could always do this: https://www.topspeed.com/cars/gmc/2021-gmc-canyon-syclone-by-specialty-vehicle-engineering-ar188745.html

I have had a few of those as well. 82 GMC jimmy 406 , 91 s10 383.

My boys are getting to the driving age and love to go to the drag strip. I thought about doing another s10 for them but the G8 fell into my hands at a decent price so I stroked the motor, added some compression. They can beat up on that at the track.

I seen that syclone but didn't see a price :). I figure it was "If you have to ask you cant afford it " LOL

38 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

No, I called a wheel shop in town that trades out and I traded my factory HC 22s for these and $500 cash. He also gave me 3 years of warranty on chrome inserts. 

yes I drove the new blazer RS and it was awesome. I needed a third row so I got the new Acadia with same motor and transmission. And it hauls for a small suv. Wife loves it

I would love for GM to give us another SS sport truck. They need to get back into the game. They have the ZL1 camaro motor that would fit just nicely in the engine bay

That is awesome. Those wheels are growing on me. There was a new high country Tahoe at the dealership I picked up my truck from and it had those wheels. 

I think I'm either going to try and find a set of these or the all black snowflakes.

Our older boys are turning 16 this summer so we were able to down size to the blazer but prior to the blazer it was  Tahoe-Denali-Suburban-Escalade.  That 4 kid lifestyle   LOLOL.

I had a new impala as a loaner and was very surprised with the HP of these v6's.