S&B, Rotofab, or Cold Air Inductions Intake?!

Another intake question ? Looking into getting an intake for my 2020 6.2l Silverado and I’ve narrowed it down to the S&B intake, the Roto-Fab, and the Cold Air Inductions intakes. All different prices and slightly different designs so I’m just curious to what most people are running and which one is “the best” thanks for the help. 
I know most ppl are probably running Rotofab and I’ve used their systems before but the other two intakes being lower priced and still looking good has me curious

There's a lot of positive reviews for S&B on this Forum and from other 6.2 drivers I've spoken to. That was enough to persuade me to order mine this morning. They say their current back order is 2-3 weeks. Rotofab gets excellent reviews as well. I believe the Cold Air Inductions unit utilizes the factory bottom end of the box. The design doesn't promote increased air flow as much as the other two. 

• Like 1

I went with the RotoFab and I'm very pleased with it, great growl under the hood, performance feels great and IMO is one of the best looking units!  

I had an S&B on my 2012 F150 EcoBoost and it was good quality also, but after finding out it was on back order for over a month I went RotoFab, no regrets whatsoever!!  

IMG_2116.jpg

Edited by Spyderwebb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

There's a lot of positive reviews for S&B on this Forum and from other 6.2 drivers I've spoken to. That was enough to persuade me to order mine this morning. They say their current back order is 2-3 weeks. Rotofab gets excellent reviews as well. I believe the Cold Air Inductions unit utilizes the factory bottom end of the box. The design doesn't promote increased air flow as much as the other two. 

It does look like the S&B has the highest airflow design with those ports on the side that pull air from the fender area as well. I will admit tho that the Rotofab does look the cleanest. The GM intake looks like ? 

I have been researching this for a while. From what I found the S&B is probably one of the best and Rotofab a close second. Basically it will come down to which one you like as far as looks and availability.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, psk256 said:

I have been researching this for a while. From what I found the S&B is probably one of the best and Rotofab a close second. Basically it will come down to which one you like as far as looks and availability.

Have you found any numbers from the s&b? I like their design but haven’t seen any numbers front them. 

I bought the S&B because it has more air flow, had previous one on my 2018 and loved it!  No issues whatsoever. And for $330 you can’t beat it. 
The RotoFab looks really good under the hood but when I checked it was close to $500. That’s around $170 more for something that doesn’t flow as well as the S&B. 
In my opinion either one is worth the money though and you can’t go wrong.   I just have experience with one than the other. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikystyle said:

Have you found any numbers from the s&b? I like their design but haven’t seen any numbers front them. 

They don’t post HP/TQ numbers.  They post air flow. And they are the highest out of the CAI’s. 

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

They don’t post HP/TQ numbers.  They post air flow. And they are the highest out of the CAI’s. 

Yeah, I think its like 51.7% more than stock.  Just reading and watching tons of stuff. I also like how there are more than one suction points (2 or 3 depending if you put a blanking plate on.  The filter Is almost the size of a 5 gallon bucket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

I bought the S&B because it has more air flow, had previous one on my 2018 and loved it!  No issues whatsoever. And for $330 you can’t beat it. 
The RotoFab looks really good under the hood but when I checked it was close to $500. That’s around $170 more for something that doesn’t flow as well as the S&B. 
In my opinion either one is worth the money though and you can’t go wrong.   I just have experience with one than the other. 

Roto fab does look nice but I’d be curios what filter they use,  wonder if it’s an s&b? Lots of intakes use an s&b filter

18 hours ago, psk256 said:

Yeah, I think its like 51.7% more than stock.  Just reading and watching tons of stuff. I also like how there are more than one suction points (2 or 3 depending if you put a blanking plate on.  The filter Is almost the size of a 5 gallon bucket.

I went with the S&B and it is great.  Exceptional quality. Filter is huge.  I also installed the filter cover/bag. Have not had any problems with it and have done 14000km since I installed it.  No error codes etc.  The big thing is to disconnect the battery before you start the installation and leave it disconnected for at least two hours after you have reconnected the mass air flow sensor (MAFS) in its new position.  When you reconnect the  battery and run the vehicle the computer does what it needs to and you will not get error sensors related to the MAFS

• Like 1