Adaptive Cruise

KARNUT

I normally wouldn’t want additional electrical junk on my vehicles. Especially that may lead to not paying attention to driving. My wife recently got my mother in law’s CRV. She quit driving. It has everything that people scream they can’t live without.. I wouldn’t pay extra for it. I can hit the up and down button as needed. Especially since I see it can lead to less attention paid to driving. So coupled with self braking with people paying too much attention to their phone. It’s probably a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, KARNUT said:

I normally wouldn’t want additional electrical junk on my vehicles. Especially that may lead to not paying attention to driving. My wife recently got my mother in law’s CRV. She quit driving. It has everything that people scream they can’t live without.. I wouldn’t pay extra for it. I can hit the up and down button as needed. Especially since I see it can lead to less attention paid to driving. So coupled with self braking with people paying too much attention to their phone. It’s probably a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got it on my AT4.  It took some getting used to. If people are driving like a dick and cutting you off it'll react pretty harshly to establish your distance.  In heavy but steady traffic it does a really good job with maintaining your set distance.  I usually set my cruise at 75 and provided you already have established yourself behind someone it'll take you from 75 to zero and back without you ever touching the brake pedal.

• Like 1

The 2019s didn’t get ACC, so unfortunately I am without. But I liked how it worked on my GMC Terrain loaner.

At this point I am just holding out for SuperCruise. That’s the real step forward in reducing driver fatigue. It’s only supported on a limited stretch of roads right now, but it will be expanded rapidly as GM offers it in more than just Cadillacs.

I really like the adaptive cruise control on my Lexus. Makes for less stress when driving long distances. I can just set it and put the distance on max and enjoy not having to continually adjust the CC. Wish I had it in my TrailBoss.

Now the Lane Keeping Assist just sucks ass. Can't tell you the number of times it's tried to take me on an offramp or the fact that it ping-pongs in the lane going from one side to the other. When I have it on, it physically makes me work harder to keep my car centered in the lane. If I casually let it do its thing, it's bound to run me into an 18 wheeler or off the road. This is where GM really needs to offer up Super Cruise on all its vehicles and show Toyota how its done.

ACC:  Our Toyota has it and I'm not sure I like it.  It functions well but I've got two issues with it.  

First:  If I'm in the fast lane and approaching an 18 wheeler with a car behind it.  Never fails the car speeds up to get in front of me to pass.  Leads to instant braking to establish the distance which can really mess up anyone behind you.  So, I've learned to disengage when this situation arises but still an annoyance.

Second, I am so used to seeing the car in front grow larger in the window as I approach and that triggers me to move over to the fast lane to pass.  With ACC I'll find I'm doing 60 to match the car in front when I thought I was at 70.  I know I can set the distance but it's a bit annoying.

For the lane departure, I don't use it in the suburban or the toyota because I don't like the car doing the steering.