6.2L Pulsar LT Weirdness

I've been debating on selling my Pulsar, but only because I want the tuner option.  I figure if I sell it for 300, itd be valuable enough to anybody that needs those options.  It does do what it says it will do, and they do have an afm/dfm dongle I believe as an alternative.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:46 PM, clowe1243 said:

I've been debating on selling my Pulsar, but only because I want the tuner option.  I figure if I sell it for 300, itd be valuable enough to anybody that needs those options.  It does do what it says it will do, and they do have an afm/dfm dongle I believe as an alternative.

What tuner option are you thinking of going with?. I didn't think they unlocked a tuner for 2021 6.2 yet? Will the tuner your thinking of shut off DFM to? Thank you for any info.

Edited by Liquid Plumber AT4

• 5 months later...

Oddly I have that same issue mentioned about the driver side blind spot light staying on.

I also have an engine code that have not scanned yet but keeps returning as well as my remote start does not work!

I like the features of the module for the auto stop disable as well as the throttle sensitivity but I’m not keeping it if I’m going to have these and who knows what other issues later on.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 silverado high country with the 6.2 . I am having problems with the pulsar lt. It causes my truck to go haywire. The first one cause the esc and check engine light to come on. So I got a new one sent cause I have a warranty.  The second one cause my check engine light,  tc, loss of engine power 4wd and some more . Is anyone had this and what is the fix for i?

I have a 2019 AT4 6.2 10 speed with Pulsar LT and have not had any really issues. I did have a couple weird warning lights at first but have not had any issues for almost a year now. I do plan to buy the OBDII to USB cable so I can keep the Pulsar updated at some point here just wish it was included with the price these cost.  

On 3/20/2022 at 2:23 PM, Bigwill302003 said:

I have a 2019 silverado high country with the 6.2 . I am having problems with the pulsar lt. It causes my truck to go haywire. The first one cause the esc and check engine light to come on. So I got a new one sent cause I have a warranty.  The second one cause my check engine light,  tc, loss of engine power 4wd and some more . Is anyone had this and what is the fix for i?

Did you check that none of the pins were bent in the harness?

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 3:28 PM, clowe1243 said:

On 3/23/2022 at 3:28 PM, clowe1243 said:

Hi, have you sold t your Pulsar LT yet? I am interested if you still have it and not damaged….

thanks….

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, Seahagwa said:

Hi, have you sold t your Pulsar LT yet? I am interested if you still have it and not damaged….

thanks….

Waiting for an opportunity to be without my truck for 3 days.  Need to send my ECU in.

• 1 month later...

I have read everyone's comments about the Pulsar LT, I have a 2020 Denali 6.2L and had it installed in my vehicle for a year but I recently removed it due to the following issues. I went to lunch one day from work, less than 3 miles and on the way back the AC quit working, the DIC indicated Service ESC, Service 4WD, Service rack in pinion steering. Based on the info I read on line, I let the truck sit for an hour and went back and started the truck and the AC was back on line but the trouble codes remain. I used the Pulsar LT feature to clear the codes and the truck went back to normal. Simple glitch I guess. Fast forward two months later, driving back from Kentucky and North Carolina, over 6 hundred miles, coming into Alabama cruising 82mph and once again, AC went out, Service ESC, Service Transmission, etc., same issues. I had to pull into the rest stop 6 miles later and pulled the negative battery terminal and let it sit for 20 minutes while I stretched my legs and ate a snack, some what embarrassed with having the F150s, Tundras, and Dodges go by looking at my GMs flagship Denali with the hood up. After reinstalling the negative battery terminal, the vehicle was back to normal. For the comment about the auto side steps, anytime you pull the battery, the side steps need to home themselves and its seems to look like it goes haywire, but it is normal as well as rolling the drivers and passengers windows up and down. You learn this through ownership. Once I returned home I gave it another two weeks and nothing happened. I decided to remove the Pulsar LT and send it in to Holley before the warranty runs out and have them check it out. I called their tech support line and explained to them what happened and I was told that I was the third person that this tech support guy heard about with the same issues as other owners of the Pulsar LT. They gave me an RMA number, warranty is only good for 1 year, three weeks later, I received my Pulsar back and they stated, through their analyzing they could not find nothing wrong and they programmed the box with the latest update and that was it. However, I haven't installed it back to into the vehicle. It has been over three months, no faults, no check engine lights, I drove over 3 hundred miles and back in the fourth month after this, no faults no check engine lights.  So your guess is good as mine. As far as programming, I did have the USB OBDII harness to update it and it is periodically checked, if programming comes into mind,  and no you can not do anything with the programming because it is all automatic with the software, you plug it in and the software or Update Agent does the rest.

Edited by AsianCajun

I have had the exact same issue with my Pulsar LT and Sierra 1500 AT4 6.2L.  It will happen anywhere from 1-2 times a month.  When I contacted Range, a couple months ago, they said they had not heard of that issue.  I bought mine over a year ago so I'm out of luck with the warranty.  For the longest time, I didn't connect all the service warnings with the Pulsar LT until I started reading about others having the same issues.  What I usually do is just disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, wait a minute, and then reconnect it.  That clears up the issues.  Do you think that an update to the Pulsar LT will correct the issues?  I really like my Pulsar LT and all the flexibility it offers, and I don't want to get rid of it, but I'm tired of having to disconnect the battery every couple of weeks.

I had this issue a couple of times with my 5.3 since I installed the Pulsar.  Last time was about 6 weeks ago when driving home from the vet with my puppy on a 98 degree day.  Finally got it home and remembered the fuse block TSB.  All 4 bolts were over a turn out from the proper torque setting.  Torqued them down properly, and haven't had it happen again.  While sitting in a parking lot, I did try to just disconnect the Pulsar, and in the process popped off one of the red dial retainers.  Anyone know if those can be purchased separately?  I'm going to have to remove it before my inspection in December, so I may as well replace it when I do it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 4:19 PM, Johnny Johnston said:

Over 20k miles on my Pulsar, took it off a few times for oil changes etc.

Never any issues yet of any type, works as it should for me and I am very happy with it.

Cheers

Not as many miles but a couple months on a ‘19 5.3 8spd.

zero issues. Love it!